Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Izzy/others who went to Saddle Ranch:Please read!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Don't get too full of yourself now. It was definitely a cool place to hang out at but it's no White Lotus or Garden of Eden (we have a hook up here btw). Nuff said, again.
hahahah...im sorry but those clubs are whack these days. maybe 3 years ago you would have been cool with your "hooks"

Old 08-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by axiochris
hahahah...im sorry but those clubs are whack these days. maybe 3 years ago you would have been cool with your "hooks"
You obviously haven't been there lately then bro. Maybe YOU are just too cool to party there. All I can say is that the last time that I was at GOE, me and a couple of buddies partied there with 4 ladies from one of SoCal's finest gentlemen's clubs, in the VIP, and we had a bomb *** time. And just to clarify, the hook up that I was talking about is at GOE.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by sternroolz
We got to see and touch hot girls. Sure they are not going home with us at the end of the night, but neither are the girls you guys are meeting.
Sir, obviously you have never been to the SR.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I wasn't there and don’t know anyone there, but feel compelled to chime in.

It's a tough call here because on one hand: I never open a tab unless it's with people I know... there have been times when the bill comes, everyone throws cash at me to cover and I tell them don’t worry about it. But that's with friends. You have learned the hard way NOT to do that with a bunch of strangers.

On the other hand: The server is part to blame (IMO) because I have never been to a club, restaurant, bar, or any other venue when I was NOT asked whether or not other peoples order was to go on my tab (especially when they show up later). Unless you told the server that the table’s orders were to go on your bill, he/she should have asked you.

As it turns out, looks like your out a few hundred and a lesson learned (the hard way).

Just my .02

Old 08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beg to differ, but my two friends with the maddest game and good looks rarely get anything but skanky fat girls that they don't want anyway at clubs.

Seriously, every guy I know has a much higher batting average at the local Rite Aid or Target than at nightclubs.

Then again, I've never dropped $50 at a night club let alone $150-300.

Originally Posted by blksnake
Sir, obviously you have never been to the SR.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by sternroolz
Seriously, every guy I know has a much higher batting average at the local Rite Aid or Target than at nightclubs.
Ther you have it... next GTG is at Rite Aid (or Target)!

Old 08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I wasn't there and don’t know anyone there, but feel compelled to chime in.

It's a tough call here because on one hand: I never open a tab unless it's with people I know... there have been times when the bill comes, everyone throws cash at me to cover and I tell them don’t worry about it. But that's with friends. You have learned the hard way NOT to do that with a bunch of strangers.

On the other hand: The server is part to blame (IMO) because I have never been to a club, restaurant, bar, or any other venue when I was NOT asked whether or not other peoples order was to go on my tab (especially when they show up later). Unless you told the server that the table’s orders were to go on your bill, he/she should have asked you.

As it turns out, looks like your out a few hundred and a lesson learned (the hard way).

Just my .02
All true bro. The server never came back to me after my initial order of the first bottle of Grey Goose. He definitely should have come to me and asked me if it was okay to put the second bottle on the tab. At that point I would have said "NO!" In any case, I didn't hear from him again until the end of the night when he said that my total was $750! Damn, I just really think that he assumed that the other people that were sitting at the same table were with me, which they weren't. I just wish that I would have asked or clarified the situation way before it got to that final bill!

Oh well, like you said, a very hard and expensive lesson learned and it will definitely never happen again!

Old 08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Ther you have it... next GTG is at Rite Aid (or Target)!
Im down with Ikea, we can "try out thier beds" with the chicks

Old 08-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by RashMan1450
Im down with Ikea, we can "try out thier beds" with the chicks
Nice!!! Swedish chicks instead of the French! Ikea it is!!!

See what great ideas are coming from an apparent catastrophe!

Old 08-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn. Looks like the breakdown in communication was honestly on the server, but it sucks that there's no real resolution (other than generosity on other members' parts).

I'm not sure how it's done en masse in LA, but in Vegas there are two things that I guess are different:

1) If someone says he has a hookup, it means he'll get you past the line, no cover, and into VIP with a bottle. You're free to order more drinks, etc. on your own time and tab, but a bottle is invariably waiting for you. Just getting past the line saves you an hour and ~$20, but that's just a line pass and almost anyone can fenagle that. I'll usually throw cash in for a tip, etc. but at least one bottle's covered.

2) If the server takes your card at the beginning of the night, they will ALWAYS confirm all orders added to it with you, and will offer it back at the end of the night without having run it to see if you want to pay in another fashion. You're only liable for the orders you have placed... I've had people order shit on my tab before, and the club will take it off if they didn't ask me. Last time I was at Tangerine, the tab was about $3-5k, and I know I would've be pi$$ed if they'd just thrown it on my card. They've learned to confirm orders, because that's an expensive mistake to make.

Bad blood does no one any good. It was cool of Izzy to get everyone into VIP, but from the sound of it everyone was consuming and no one thought they needed to pay. I can say with some confidence that I'm sure three people did not consume three bottles of Grey Goose, so where did the rest go? My biggest pet peeve is when people "wander" away at the end of the night when the tab comes. It's not the card-holder's job to be a babysitter and watch out for people leaving unless the server's taken the responsibility to check all orders. So... where was the breakdown in communication? Did people think they were being hooked up, or did they just welch?

That being said... $250 for Grey Goose?? Damn, you lucky bastards. I think the median here is like $400. Almost not worth it.

Almost.

G

Old 08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
agree with GeoBau. i had a blast with izzy at the miyagi's next day, and he hooked me up on entrance, vallet parking (i didnt even get a ticket bc the parking guy tried to remember my face & my car,) and seat at the VIP. izzy put my drinks under his tab, but at the end i paid for whatever i ordered. his friends ordered couple bottles o vodka and offered me & my girls some shots, and izzy bought a round o shots so everything was pretty cool. ive been following this thread, and yea, its real bad that there was a mis-communication. but i think its always a good idea to make sure whos paying for wut in the beginning of ANY occasion...

Old 08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by GeoBau

That being said... $250 for Grey Goose?? Damn, you lucky bastards. I think the median here is like $400. Almost not worth it.

Almost.
lol. yes. almost.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by sdkingka
ive been following this thread, and yea, its real bad that there was a mis-communication. but i think its always a good idea to make sure whos paying for wut in the beginning of ANY occasion...
And that really is the bottom line sdkingka. I should have absolutely made sure that it was clear who was going to pay for what. The way that your night went is the way I thought it was going to go for me. I always offer to pay some portion of any bill that I am part of even if I am being hooked up on someone's tab. It sounds like you guys had a good time at Miyagi's. That's a cool place too. I've been there a handful of times and always had a good time.

No bad blood here GeoBau. It would take a lot more than a screwed up bill for there to be bad blood on my part and I'm pretty sure that there is no bad blood on Izzy's part either. He seems like a cool guy, we just got caught up in an unfortunate situation and a lot of miscommunication.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had some friends who went past Saddle Ranch to Miyagi's that night....

I heard that there was some guy with a G who had lambo doors on it and was sitting on his car with his arm crossed trying to look cool. Who was that? they asked me to find out who it was....

Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Something that has been overlooked in this saga... Izzy's first post said he got in a minor car accident and got slightly hurt. I meant to mention it prior but forgot with all the other issues at hand on this thread.

Izzy, I don’t know you but for the record - Sorry you got in an accident... I hope your hand is okay. Did your G get damaged?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Izzy/others who went to Saddle Ranch:Please read!!