Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Good Restaurants in Los Angeles Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Restaurants in Los Angeles Area

Ok, check this out guys. I'm getting sick of the usual places I go to in LA and the Valley..so I figure we can get a list going on for some good places to eat. Maybe we can all recommend new places for everyone to go to.

Naturally I'll start first with a few favorites...

Il Fornaio in Beverly Hills; Excellent Italian food, good service, nice atmosphere, not too expensive about 20 bucks a plate, not to mention it's in the heart of beverly hills.

Javon Restaurant in Santa Monica; Excellent Persian food, little bit upscale setting, nice lighting, on weekends they've got a Pianist playing, and not too expensive, averages about 20 a person.

Raffi Kabob of Glendale; Hands down best Persian food and Filet Mignon to be had on a regular basis. Casual atmosphere, can go dressy, or dressed down. Everything is good, even their Feta Cheese is something special. If I lived in Glendale I'd be going there a lot more.

Kushiyu Sushi of Tarzana (SFV); Excellent Sushi, nice atmosphere. Place is always packed and isn't tremendously big so I don't go there too often. But is extremely authentic Sushi and quite good. Bill can add up fast there, but Sushi is top notch.

Revolving Sushi/Cho Cho San of Tarzana (SFV); This place also has very good sushi, but it's not very authentic Japanese, but any Sushi lover will like this place. I would go here a lot more often but is a little on the small side and can get packed at times.

Akari Sushi of Woodland Hills (SFV); One of the Chefs from Revolving left to start up his own Biz. I've been there once, seemed to be just like the original. Excellent Sushi, cannot complain.

How about you guys? Any Suggestions?

Old 10-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
I'm always down for good Sushi.

There is a place in Valencia that makes killer Sushi (and very spicy) but I would like to try something different too.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sasabune Sushi. Best authentic sushi around. None of that crappy Philly rolls, California rolls, Spicy Tuna Rolls, etc. I have no idea how people even started to think that stuff was authentic sushi. Don't even try requesting any of those things. You'll get laughed at. It's real Omakase style. Usually runs close to $70/person, but its absolutely worth it.

11300 Nebraska Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Last edited by GsUpHoesDown; 10-14-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
where are they located?

Old 10-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Crustacean's (Beverly Hills), Lawry's (Beverly Hills), Eurochow's (Westwood), The Palms (Beverly Hills).

How can you run out of places to eat in LA? There's so many great restaurants out there.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I feel another Sushi cringe comming on.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Originally Posted by Riche12ich
Crustacean's (Beverly Hills), Lawry's (Beverly Hills), Eurochow's (Westwood), The Palms (Beverly Hills).

How can you run out of places to eat in LA? There's so many great restaurants out there.

Thats why I started this list, trying to find some good recommended places

Old 10-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Been to LA once - went to Gladstones in Malibu - awesome seafood, unbeatable atmosphere, great view!

And my sister just got back from LA today, said she went to Nobu?? and Koi?? Said they were pricey but cool places ~

Old 10-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Rollin On Dubz
I'm dying to go to Koi, everytime I call for a reservation they are booked and the hostess laughs when I ask about walk ins. It seems like you have to make a reservation wayyy in advance with them.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike

Raffi Kabob of Glendale; Hands down best Persian food and Filet Mignon to be had on a regular basis. Casual atmosphere, can go dressy, or dressed down. Everything is good, even their Feta Cheese is something special. If I lived in Glendale I'd be going there a lot more.
Brother, you could NOT have said it better....this is the joint....killer stuff mang.

A small sushi joint in the wall is Tama (or Toma) Sushi in Woodland Hills/Tarzana/Van Nuys area...I forget which it is exactly....the valley is all the same to me, one big city called the valley

Old 10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
The Stinking Rose, Koi, Houstons, Ruth Chris Steak House

Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Rollin On Dubz
The Valley goes across Ventura like this

1) Studio City
2) Sherman Oaks
3) Encino
4) Tarzana
5) Woodland Hills
6) Calabasas

Old 10-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Granada Hills? Northridge? Panorama City? Van Nuys?

Im in Glendale....I think Sun Valley is the last city before the valley starts...

Old 10-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Granada Hills, Northridge, Panorama City, Van Nuys, Canoga Park also runs parallel to Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills....but they are all North of Ventura.

Ventura is really the "High Class Boulevard" of the Valley

Old 10-14-2005, 08:14 PM
^ but they are still valley homie! I've got friends with estates in Tarzana and Woodland hills....I know what you are talking about as well...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good Restaurants in Los Angeles Area