Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

35 Miles over speeding limit on Local Street..help..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
KPC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hooman6MT
I got a 90+ in a 45 zone once and the fine was 321 with no traffic school. I went to court and asked for traffic school since I had never gotten it before and they gave it to me. So I ended up with 321 + court fees (20 bucks) +35 for online traffic school. Cop was cool I guess, I mean 90 is too fast I agree.

Just go to court ask for something reasonable and you'll usually get it. Don't ask for no fine, no points! That's a sure fire way to get the book thrown at you.
dame... you just double the speed limit right there.... I thought my was bad... well, if it is around 300 and allow traffic school will be great.. I hope they let me go... such an expensive mile i ever drove in my life...

Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Yea the fine of a speeding ticket is typically $10-15 x number of speed over the limit. In your case it'd be $350-525. This is what I'd do...don't play the fine and request a trial. I hope you remembered the officers face because when it comes time in court, if you don't see him, you're 90% sure he's a no show. If he is there, plead guilty and ask the judge to reduce the fine due to financial hardship. If this is your first offense, your judge may opt for community service at your request.
Where'd you get the numbers to factor how much a ticket will be? Just curious.
As for pleading guilty... NEVER plead "guilty." Plead "No Contest." Think of it as being similar to never saying your "innocent," as that doesn't fly either, it's "Not Guilty."

Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by KPC
dame... you just double the speed limit right there.... I thought my was bad... well, if it is around 300 and allow traffic school will be great.. I hope they let me go... such an expensive mile i ever drove in my life...
Considering my history with traffic violations, what you are going through isn't so bad. Just take it as a lesson and forget about it when it's done. I've had more than enough incidents where the traffic violation was the only thing the cop had to gripe about. There was one time the cop called for back-up and 8 other cops showed. And I'm not telling why. =D
With my year, traffic violations are the least of my worries. I can't wait for '06 to get here.
Best of luck and I do hope that the websites I provided will help you. I am planning on writing a letter for my latest pleading not guilty.
Take care.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Banned
umm... if this is your 3rd fight it.

i was in a 80 before... + racing .

costed a **** load to fight, hired a lawyer. won big (racing reduced to speeding, done with just a traffic school)

Old 11-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by KPC
Got a little emotional while driving and step alittle too hard on the paddle down the hill within a half mile distance.. got pull over for 80mph at a 45 zone... any possibility on fighting the ticket? and how much it might cost me?

cited for 22350
speed aprox: 80
PF/MAX Spd: 45
Veh. Lmt: 45
Safe: :45
Radar/Laser: not clear what he wrote.. "Fro 80?"

==========================
some more info : Location at State College Rd. Fullerton, California

I turn right on to State College and start going down hill. In less then a 30 sec., in a sudden,a car cuts right in front of me, usually I would just slam on the break.. but I guess I was little emotional that day and took the other route decided to change lane and as car approach from the back, so I speed up the avoid being hit. But i guess I didn't notice the speed I was going at and by the time I realized and hit the break,the officer already behind me with siren on. and It all happen in less then a mile in distance...
Are you kidding? You were going 35 mph over the speed limit. No, there is no way you're going to fight this. Have fun at traffic school

Old 11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
KPC
Originally Posted by jxanthony
Are you kidding? You were going 35 mph over the speed limit. No, there is no way you're going to fight this. Have fun at traffic school
that's if they even offer me traffic school ....

Old 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
KPC
Originally Posted by Mr_A
There was one time the cop called for back-up and 8 other cops showed. And I'm not telling why. =D
With my year, traffic violations are the least of my worries. I can't wait for '06 to get here.
Best of luck and I do hope that the websites I provided will help you. I am planning on writing a letter for my latest pleading not guilty.
Take care.
8 cops showed?..ha...darn.. the most i get was 3... you the man....hhaaa
well.. I'm not hoping for like not guilty for now.. not likely to happen anyway..and dont' want to goto court.. waste too much time.. may be more of lesser fine w/ traffic school then I will be happy....

Old 11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr_A
Where'd you get the numbers to factor how much a ticket will be? Just curious.
I asked the judge the same question. haha

btw...if you do decide traffic school, take an online one. Their prices are competitive and you don't have to read a thing. Took me 45 mins online and costed me $23.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
KPC
Originally Posted by LjN_728
I asked the judge the same question. haha

btw...if you do decide traffic school, take an online one. Their prices are competitive and you don't have to read a thing. Took me 45 mins online and costed me $23.
that only work at LA county i think, at OC, you have to goto court for traffic school

Old 11-03-2005, 07:43 PM
The ticket should not be more than $120 from my experiance, you can also say my speedometor was broken and you were just reading that. When you go to court try to ask for traffic school. Good Luck.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 PM
KPC
Originally Posted by getsome
The ticket should not be more than $120 from my experiance, you can also say my speedometor was broken and you were just reading that. When you go to court try to ask for traffic school. Good Luck.
$120? if that's the case I will be celebrating, cuz so far all the speeding ticket i got before with less exceed miles cost over 150+... I really need some luck now..