Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

7 months NO REGISTRATION!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Premier Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 months NO REGISTRATION!

so most of you know that i leased my car through santa monica infiniti. YEA NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA. anyway ive called them at least 4 times a month waiting for the fed ex they keep promising to send with my f*n plates. (SINCE JUNE) and i went in there once while i was in cali. I called them last thursday. and they tell me that my plates have been sent to " blah blah blah" some random address in north hollywood that ive never heard of in my life. after 10 minutes of arguing that i never signed a lease with such a address the lady tells me that i will have to drive all the way the hell down to the cali dmv to get my plates. so heres my problem
why should i have to go fix a problem they created. ive never heard of the address. I NEVER signed **** that SAID IT or anything and they are trying to tell me that i have to fix the problem that they created by driving down there to sit at the CALI dmv ? i just dont understand why i should have to drive the 4 hours then wait at their ****ty dmv ? why cant they send me my paperwork to register it in vegas ? i need some advice cus i keep getting pulled over for no plates and they wont send me another temp for my window ... PLEASE HELP MEE

Old 02-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Devil's Advocate
Did you have to pay California sales tax?

Old 02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Premier Member
i have no clue they were supposed to register it for me. i mean if its like a mandatory thing im sure i did

Old 02-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Premier Member
is there any way we can get this thread moved to the coupe sectiion. barley anyone sees this haha ?

Old 02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, I'll throw it some expoure for you. Cali and Coupe sections will get you smoe quick answers since this is relatively important.

Mods/Admins- authorized by me
G

Old 02-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe sales tax is dependant on where you actually register the car.

I don't understand why the dealership is send you your plates, I thought that was on the DMV? Try calling the California DMV and see what they say.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The dealer doesn't give you your plates the DMV does. If your in Sin City you should just register the car there and they will help thru the paper work. Some states I think you might have to live there for a certain period before you can register your car.

Good luck!

Old 02-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned
hey Alli!

Old 02-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I had something similar happen to be, it took 8 months before I ever recieved anything. They had me go to the DMV, telling me that the plates must have been stolen.. and after a 3 hour wait at the DMV, I walk out with a new set of plates. Good luck

Old 02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
I believe sales tax is dependant on where you actually register the car.

I don't understand why the dealership is send you your plates, I thought that was on the DMV? Try calling the California DMV and see what they say.

well the dealership got he random address and gave it to the dmv. the dmv sent the plates to the random address. so therefore i think the dealership should be at fault ... im so confused

Old 02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GRider35c
hey Alli!

Hi Kia !!! uhhhhhh !

Old 02-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Originally Posted by g35vixen
well the dealership got he random address and gave it to the dmv. the dmv sent the plates to the random address. so therefore i think the dealership should be at fault ... im so confused

The dealership is at fault...but have you tried contacting the California DMV?

I would just call them, explain the situation, and see if they can just send you out a new set.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:38 PM
GP1
Look at your lease agreement. It should spell out if you paid the CA registration. Looks for a $$ amount under sales tax/registration. if it shows that you paid the CA registration, you should also have a half slip of paper. Normally yellow. It will read that you gave the dealer a power of Attorney to register the car on your behalf. If you have that, then you can get started.

Go on the DMV webiste: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/

click on Vehicle Registration
then click Corrections, Duplicates, Replacement Certificates/Stickers
then click How To Obtain Duplicate or Substitute License Plates and Stickers

You'll need to complete soem other forms too.
if you need to go into the DMV, make sure you bring all your lease docs with you. BTW, looks liek the closest DMV to you is in Baker.

good luck.

oh yeah, if you didnt pay the CA license and reg fees, take your docs to your MV dept and ask them how to register it.

Last edited by GP1; 02-28-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Premier Member
thats another thing. i flew down there to get my car signed the papers. after signing them the dealer who did the lease was missing .... we waited around another hour no sign of him. so one of the other dealers said he would have a copy of the lease sent to us. never got that either. its just rediculous the **** i am going through. what kind of dealership is this ? lol. i mean seriosuly i call and leave messages and NO call backfor 3 or more days ? as soon as i talkto the dmv il llet you all know. thanks for thr advice <3

Old 03-01-2006, 11:31 PM
GP1
you musthave some sort of documentation that you leased the car. The bank has copies of everything. Call the leasing company and ask them to provide you wiht a copy of thelease agreement.

Then once you have it, I suggest that you write to Nissan HQ, cc the Dept of Consumer Affairs. You can still follow the advise above once you get the docs from the bank/leasing co and sending the letter will alert Nissan.

Are you paying through Nissam Motor Acceptance? if so, PM me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 7 months NO REGISTRATION!