Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa Whoa Whoa....Gentlemen...I thought we were gonna put some organization to this?

It appears we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves already...

I think we need to get together after the 4th and sit down and decide the monthly meet schedule. We're already starting to put down meets without any organization to the original goal. It's been mine and nyckid's experience in the past the lack of an organized group and random meets is what lead to the fall of good G meets.

I vote "NO" on the cruise for the 12th...the Z meet was just that a Z meet and G's are welcome. There's no need to bogard into an already set monthly meet to help our agenda.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike

You have no idea how long i was stuck reading that... dumbfounded.
ahaha, i'm a complete smart-*** btw

mike checkout my youtube channel, same username it'll make you happy
and based upon your advice, i just picked up a panavise - that thing feels so solid!! (the videos taken were with duct tape however haha)

lighten up ryan! we need to get some sort of meet together where we can physically plan stuff as opposed to arguing over forum posts. nothing is set in stone, the cruise is just an idea to get together and hash some things out. i feel like it's hard to have a constructive discussion over a forum because people may post once a day and things get lost and buried. we need just some sort of meet soon where we can really bounce ideas off each other and look at a calendar together and figure it all out

Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
So i've noticed j/k

Great vids! That GT-R had nothing on you. Which 3 series was that ahead of you? He/she just seemed to go away after a while.

Cool on the panavise. Did it come with the extension? It's not much, but if you plan on mounting it to the underside of the sunroof, it helps quite a bit. If it didn't come with one, just contact them and they should mail one out to you (at least they did to me).

Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by popcornten
lighten up ryan! we need to get some sort of meet together where we can physically plan stuff as opposed to arguing over forum posts. nothing is set in stone, the cruise is just an idea to get together and hash some things out. i feel like it's hard to have a constructive discussion over a forum because people may post once a day and things get lost and buried. we need just some sort of meet soon where we can really bounce ideas off each other and look at a calendar together and figure it all out
Aj,

First off I'm not mad nor arguing. I apologize if it came out that way. I'm merely suggesting that we not get ahead of ourselves. B/c in the past the excitement led us to failure. That being said I was supposed to PM the ppl on the list or "committee" if you will but got busy handling orders. I will be sure to set up a meeting for us after the 4th of July weekend. This way we can have more face to face constructive discussion as you said.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by JDMAutosports
Aj,

First off I'm not mad nor arguing. I apologize if it came out that way. I'm merely suggesting that we not get ahead of ourselves. B/c in the past the excitement led us to failure. That being said I was supposed to PM the ppl on the list or "committee" if you will but got busy handling orders. I will be sure to set up a meeting for us after the 4th of July weekend. This way we can have more face to face constructive discussion as you said.
ha I was kidding, i'm all for any suggestions you've got! getting out your orders are for sure more important than this stuff.

face to face planning meeting sounds great

Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by popcornten
ha I was kidding
SIGH....

No worries, I'll get that PM out to you all. LOL

Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 AM
I think the cruise is a good idea. I never viewed it as the "1st G event" I just view it as a chance to go out driving with some fellow G guys. I dont think this should be are 1st event but just a fun outing. I think before we have are 1st "real" event/meet then we need to meet with everyone on the list, then go from there. I just want to get some tan and go out driving.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds cool, but I'll wait for an official date before we have our meeting to get everything organized. Other than that I might be down

Old 07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
<secretly wishing our first event would be track-related> *cough* Grandsport *cough*

Old 07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike
<secretly wishing our first event would be track-related> *cough* Grandsport *cough*
Hear Hear! I seocnd that motion!!! We'll get to that soon enough. I was thinking of doing this on my own anyway, would be great to get a group of us there. I thought Calvin was organizing a track day at HRP in Baytown? Where's he been in all of this? Revok!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Hear Hear! I seocnd that motion!!! We'll get to that soon enough. I was thinking of doing this on my own anyway, would be great to get a group of us there. I thought Calvin was organizing a track day at HRP in Baytown? Where's he been in all of this? Revok!!!
I triple this motion!!! I've been wanting to do a track event! I spoke with popcornten at the mini meet and he said they'll give us discounts if we have more peeps...I'm down whenever

Calvin is lost in the Matrix....he's too busy which is understandable

Oh yeah...and i'm working on that PM guys bear with me it will go out today!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I hate fast forwarding thru this thread so I'll be going back to catch up, but I had an Idea for a name if one hasn't been picked. It's pretty simple....

"Houston35"

Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by hipi2002
I hate fast forwarding thru this thread so I'll be going back to catch up, but I had an Idea for a name if one hasn't been picked. It's pretty simple....

"Houston35"
What about Houston37?

Bring your butt to the meet Saturday afternoon.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Black Betty
What about Houston37?

Bring your butt to the meet Saturday afternoon.
I'll be there for sure! Well Maybe we can call it "Houston 72", lol.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by JDMAutosports
I agree that we shouldn't worry about the money factor just yet. As we should concentrate all efforts to having consistent meets with regular attendees. Even if it's a small group I've always been a believer of quality over quantity. Just so my statement is not misconstrued let me explain what i mean: gathering a huge group is our ultimate goal but i don't think it should be the center of goal of the group. (If any of that made any sense)

Once we have our group of "usual suspects" I think then we should consider first gathering sponsorship from local business i.e. dealerships. For example Sterling McCall Nissan has hosted a few events for the Z club of Houston. Personally, I would love to see our group get up there in that manner but baby steps gentlemen baby steps....
I agree, I remember some Car Clubs in florida who had a really small number of members but all of their cars had at a minimum 10K worth of mods. I know now end days 10K may not get you much as far as Mods but considering this was back in 1998, you could get quite abit of mods back then for 10K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT