So how about that weather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha y doesnt she get a G? there are tons of good deals on G's sad but true.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I was in my G. Its not to bad but there is a good size dent in the back. Dumb drivers.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car does this wether it rained or not /sarcasm

Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by drew2003cb
I was in my G. Its not to bad but there is a good size dent in the back. Dumb drivers.
Drew that sux! Sorry to hear about that. Is it in the shop right now?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by G_VQ3577
no thank god i wasnt in my g i was in a crappy ford mustang my girlfriends car( and as im writing this she is next to me pissed cuz she cant have a g ......silly girl gs are for men)
Sad part is I see a ton of girls / ladies drivin G's

Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
me to ^^

Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
yea i know there is a sick one at u of h i said it cuz i always hate on her mustang and she thinks she is super fast its a long story

Old 09-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Check to make certain that you have plenty of tread on your rear tires. Don't just look at hem, buy a tread depth gauge and check outer edge, center, and inner edge tread depth. Many people are amazed at how little tread they actually have or how unevenly they are wearing. Your eyes can fool you. If you car is lowered a lot, it's really hard to see especially on your rears.

Stiffening the front end will help to give the car more understeer and keep it from being so loose. A stiffer front sway bar is the best way to do this. Next, I'd add front under braces. Lastly I would add a front strut tower brace. This will do wonders for fixing looseness.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:12 PM
or you could use a penny if you're in a bind, but the tread depth gauges are like $5 if you're not a cheapo like myself

Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hokie_G35
or you could use a penny if you're in a bind, but the tread depth gauges are like $5 if you're not a cheapo like myself
All a penny will tell you is that your tread depth is too low to safely use any more. It won't tell you if it's 5/32 or 7/32. It won't give you an accurate reading of how even the wear is. But it can be used to tell you your tires are shot.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don's getting me some tires and it'll be cheaper than what Discount tire was asking so that'll help a bit.

BB, I have a rear Hotchkis sway bar that I have yet to install but I'm trying to find a front one to match it along with end links. I'll probably pick up the other three bars when I get this whole tire situation taken care of.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by NgoFrickinWay
Don's getting me some tires and it'll be cheaper than what Discount tire was asking so that'll help a bit.

BB, I have a rear Hotchkis sway bar that I have yet to install but I'm trying to find a front one to match it along with end links. I'll probably pick up the other three bars when I get this whole tire situation taken care of.
Changing the front sway bar to a stiffer one will help you tighten up a loose (oversteering) rear end. If you put a stiffer rear sway bar in the rear and leave the front stock, it will get more loose in the rear end! If you get the Hotchkis sways, that are adjustable in the rear to 3 different settings (the one on the G37 is), I'd recommend the least stiff setting (the one closest to the end of the bar). You dont necessarily need new end links, but its' not a bad idea to replace them when changing out the sway bars.

Here's DIY for the G37 but should be basically the same on the G35.
http://myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-instal...r-install.html

Old 09-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by JDMAutosports
Drew that sux! Sorry to hear about that. Is it in the shop right now?
No, not yet. I'm waiting on the guys insurance stuff. I havnt even drive my car since tuesday cus I have a flat and no one in houston carrys my tire So I ordered one from discount tire and it should be here by monday. Then i'll put my car in the shop. I think i'm getting a whole new bumper tho.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Black Betty
All a penny will tell you is that your tread depth is too low to safely use any more. It won't tell you if it's 5/32 or 7/32. It won't give you an accurate reading of how even the wear is. But it can be used to tell you your tires are shot.
Penny+ruler using the same method will give you depth measurements, and it can be just as accurate if you're careful about it and measure outside, center, and inside as you explained. It was more of a joke than anything though haha considering a tread depth gauge is $5 for a decient one

Old 09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G_VQ3577
yea i know there is a sick one at u of h i said it cuz i always hate on her mustang and she thinks she is super fast its a long story
Aawww don't be hating on the Mrs Mustang, lol. She probably loves that car as much as we love our G's...but you are somewhat right, not a fan of the Mustang, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So how about that weather?