The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richie
It works over the vortech alone. And caelric said "Just so everyone knows, this works with a 5/16" MD spacer, the engine cover and the JWT TT kit. All at the same time!".

No one had posted about your specific combination, but if it works over the vortech alone and JWT TT + 5/16" spacer + engine cover, I'm sure vortech + 5/16 + cover would work too.

CAELRIC: I don't know if you're reading this thread still, but do you still have space between the cover and the bar?

so does that mean it will fit? I'm very interested in buying it but what if it doesn't. Can I get a refund if it doesnt if I show proof that it doesn't?

If u can garantee fitment with the vortech + 5/16 + oem cover ill buy it

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 02-22-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
so does that mean it will fit? I'm very interested in buying it but what if it doesn't. Can I get a refund if it doesnt if I show proof that it doesn't?

I'd say it would fit over 5/16 and cover.

However, closing the hood would be another matter.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
Sorry I cannot guarantee fitment because every car can/is a bit different. This bar, like the ARC, was made for an OEM G35 and it just so happens that it fits with other variables added (ie spacer, spacer + cover, vortech, JWT, greddy TT).

If you are concerned with fitment issues, how about pair up with another member to see if they would want to buy it off you if it doesn't work out for you.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:53 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Great product Richie. I installed mine a few days ago. Haven't had a chance to fully test it out, but it did seem pretty rigid.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if the Seibon TS hood will close correctly with your bar installed? I'm thinking of getting the TS hood, but i want to make sure it won't hit the strut bar.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Yume
Great product Richie. I installed mine a few days ago. Haven't had a chance to fully test it out, but it did seem pretty rigid.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if the Seibon TS hood will close correctly with your bar installed? I'm thinking of getting the TS hood, but i want to make sure it won't hit the strut bar.
Thanks Yume!

No one with a Seibon TS hood yet - not that I know of.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I have the oem cf hood and it touches in one spot about the size of regular no. 2 pencil's eraser. it just touches it a little I notice the spot on the hood. so I think the ts hood vent slope down so you might have trouble with rubbing.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks again!

It was a needed addition to my engine bay.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
pretty good bang for the buck just put mine in, btw thanks richie for the newspaper lol i was looking at the classifieds hahahha my rattles and squeaks are gone now when i go over bumps hahah that in its self was worht the 200 but i do notice it alil more stable in turns.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:29 AM
I have a 5/16 MD spacer and an engine cover and the Richie bar fits perfectly. I can close the stock hood with no problem....not even a bulge in the hood. I just tapped it lightly to make sure that the bar sits in the lowest possible setting. I had it for a week now and for some reason, I tend to go faster on curves and bends Thanks Richie for a very fine product!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine today, will be installing it tomorrow. Cant wait!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by kris79
pretty good bang for the buck just put mine in, btw thanks richie for the newspaper lol i was looking at the classifieds hahahha my rattles and squeaks are gone now when i go over bumps hahah that in its self was worht the 200 but i do notice it alil more stable in turns.
Glad you guys enjoy the stb

Originally Posted by SD_G35
I have a 5/16 MD spacer and an engine cover and the Richie bar fits perfectly. I can close the stock hood with no problem....not even a bulge in the hood. I just tapped it lightly to make sure that the bar sits in the lowest possible setting. I had it for a week now and for some reason, I tend to go faster on curves and bends Thanks Richie for a very fine product!
Originally Posted by ttrank
Thanks again!
Welcome welcome...I'm trying to plan other things for us

Originally Posted by extreme4377
Got mine today, will be installing it tomorrow. Cant wait!
Wow that was fast! I shipped out yesterday! =) *pats self on back* =)

Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
SOLD!!! dude, almost missed this GB... why didnt i see this sooner... i would have had it on for this weekends cruise to halfmoon bay... PAYPAL will be sent today...sorry, apostrophe is acting weird as i type so its left out (goes to find text mode on firefox sometimes)...

Last edited by FenixL1P; 02-23-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
will this fit with the crawfordz plenum? thanks.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by chiapet15
Hi Richie,

I received the strut bar on Thursday. Not quite sure why it took an extra day to get to San Jose. jiggafree got his a day earlier than I did, and he doesn't live that far away from me. Thanks for the quick response to my PM and checking on the shipment status when I inquired about it.

Now onto the review...

I basically have a bone stock 05 6MT coupe. Prior to Richie's STB, Stillen Sways (set to med/med) that I purchased from Disco_Monkey (Chris) and a z-tube were my only mods. The sways made a big difference in the way the car handled, and based on other peoples' comments that I researched prior to receiving my STB, I had come to expect that the STB wouldn't make as big as a difference as the sways did; I was not sure how noticeable it would be, so I was not expecting too much of a difference by adding a STB.

When I received the bar, I immediately removed the center bar from the mounts and tried to flex it. I was disappointed when I could flex it with relatively little force when the middle section was pushed against my knee. I kept in mind Richie's comments about how the bar was not designed to take force in that direction, and just went ahead and installed the bar. The installation was a breeze. One thing I would recommend though is to mention the torque specs for each nut in the instructions (torque for the nuts that tie the center bar to the mounts is not published, and should be) so that it's more convenient to reference.

After the install, I went for a test drive. Let me emphasize again that I wasn't expecting much of a difference. However, I immediately noticed that the steering was more sensitive/responsive, the car felt much more planted when taking on/off ramps, and going over bumps felt much less jarring. The difference the STB made wasn't huge, but it was very noticeable and welcome.

In the end, I feel that it's definitely worth the money at the GB price, and is the 2nd best bang for the buck mod after sway bars. I think the difference you feel depends on what kind of suspension setup you have when you add the STB. Coming from a near stock setup, I felt that the STB made a very noticeable difference in the way the car handles.
just to reiterate Richie, strut tower bars aren't meant to take point loads as you demonstrated with your knees... they're more for completing the "box" so that the unit body flexes less and allows the suspension to do the work (shocks, springs, and swaybar) in absorbing bumps and g-forces...

Old 02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Payment sent.

I wonder if this will be shipped tomorrow, Saturday, or if I have to wait until Monday?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!