The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me say, wow! Great packaging, quick shipping, great material and workmanship, and easy install. I've had strut bars on other cars and anyone saying this one won't be sufficient, I have to say you may be dilusional. While initial feel is not like WOW, most front strut bars aren't. I noticed it most in the sharpest, deepest point in curves where I felt stock didn't have the oomph, I could get in the gas even harder and no fear of losing control. I'm very impressed, especially for the cost.

Excellent job Richie.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Drtybrd61
richie, couldn't resist. sounds way too good. payment has been sent!
=)

Originally Posted by zpeedray
received and installed on 15 minutes with no issues. TKS
cool, sounds like another smooth install

Originally Posted by 1BADV6
Let me say, wow! Great packaging, quick shipping, great material and workmanship, and easy install. I've had strut bars on other cars and anyone saying this one won't be sufficient, I have to say you may be dilusional. While initial feel is not like WOW, most front strut bars aren't. I noticed it most in the sharpest, deepest point in curves where I felt stock didn't have the oomph, I could get in the gas even harder and no fear of losing control. I'm very impressed, especially for the cost.

Excellent job Richie.
Thanks thanks. Glad you feel the difference and enjoy the product.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by richie
From the two sedans (both 03s) that I have seen, there was very little space between the chassis and the ABS line/white plastic piece. Install was possible, but a little more involved than a coupe. Will report back when I find out more but I'll be looking into a 05 (seems to have more space), but at the end this bar does fit the sedan, it's just a matter of the install and the clearance.
So... how many sedan installs out here?... Is there an issue with clearance? Ac line or vacuum line in pic attached?... and Richie, you mentioned install on sedan is more involved the coupe - what all is entailed?

Damn... can’t post pic - I'm concerned about the vacuum line that runs from curb side of plenum to battery box... mine completely covers/obtrudes the strut mount, much more so than coupe pics I've been seeing...

Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
So... how many sedan installs out here?... Is there an issue with clearance? Ac line or vacuum line in pic attached?... and Richie, you mentioned install on sedan is more involved the coupe - what all is entailed?

Damn... can’t post pic - I'm concerned about the vacuum line that runs from curb side of plenum to battery box... mine completely covers/obtrudes the strut mount, much more so than coupe pics I've been seeing...
Hey OCG35 - two more sedans were installed on this weekend (g35luv + don't know his username). I was able to see firsthand how the install went on the sedan and its not that much harder - let me rephrase - basically the same just needed a little more time on the driverside, you could ask g35luv himself since he worked on both sedans too. Just less room to work with thats all.

About the vacuum line are you talking about

That vacuum line is flexible and could be moved easily.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks Richie, yes that's the line I'm referring to... I realize it's flexible but I’m concerned that that way mine sits the bar going over it is at it's slope (down) and will press the line down into/against the strut mount.

The coupe pics I've seen it seems the line is shorter and curves much closer to plenum and farther away from strut mounts. I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well - but if the 2 sedans you are aware of had no problems, then I guess it's not an issue... if there is a fitment issue would I be able to return the bar?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well - but if the 2 sedans you are aware of had no problems, then I guess it's not an issue... if there is a fitment issue would I be able to return the bar?
I understand what you're trying to say. Hmmm, I wonder why your tube is/seems longer than others. Check your PM.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IT should be no problems... I'd get a pic... but it will have to wait till thursday... but it's no problems... the 05-06 have more room than my 03.5. I don't know why. but the driver's side is a bit tight... but it get's in there...

Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to this
Paypal Sent

Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
My sedan is an 04 and things were tight but ok.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
My STB just arrived Hope to be able to put it on very soon [work schedule, weather].

I gotta say, someone here mentioned the interesting reads from the pack in newspaper. I think I was cheated, my newspaper packing had nothing interesting at all! LOL

Old 02-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Today is the LAST DAY guys - so don't miss out on the Group Buy pricing

Old 02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by G35Luv
IT should be no problems... I'd get a pic... but it will have to wait till thursday... but it's no problems... the 05-06 have more room than my 03.5. I don't know why. but the driver's side is a bit tight... but it get's in there...
Cool thanks… I have an ’04 – I’m not as concerned about driver side as I am the vacuum line on the pass side… Maybe it will fall right into place when I actually have the bar but it just looks like that line will get in the way. Ttrank has an ’04 and apparently had no major problems so I guess I won’t be too worried.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
going to send payment later tonight

Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
paypal payment sent!
-GP-

Old 02-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
paypal payment sent!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!