The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no i cannot see it...i think its because im not a premier member...can you post them on this thread? thanks

Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
no i cannot see it...i think its because im not a premier member...can you post them on this thread? thanks
I just emailed ya some pics.

Richie...I'm assuming that you want honest reviews and comments.

Got to drive a little today....but no hard flogging. There was no "Oh my GOD...what a difference (I just spent $$ and need to see some results) placebo effect reaction.

The jury is still out for me. I'm not sure the bar is ridgid enough and flexes under load for it to do much good.

From previous strut bars, It was a real biotch to get them on. They should have tension almost like a bow/spring when in place. This one dropped right in.

I'll give more opinion once I have flogged it in the twisties....and I do drive it hard.

But hey....it looks really good.

JMHO

Last edited by Brando; 02-15-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bb319675
^+1 .....the bar flexes very easily.
you guys didn't notice the change when you go over bumps?

Old 02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for all the positive and negative updates/review guys. I hope more people hop and and just post what they find too.

Reviews are going to be mixed as some drivers are more sensitive than other when it comes to what you "feel". But all reviews are welcome.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not sure if downward force is the right way to test the strength of the bar. it should be whether the bar bends when force is applied from the sides....

im curious to hear peoples comparison to the ARC bar in terms of build and feel

Old 02-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
first time seeing this thread... imo i think the end flanges should be more beefy and the bar itself made of steel. Also no hinges! hindges defeat the purpose.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by jiggafree
im not sure if downward force is the right way to test the strength of the bar. it should be whether the bar bends when force is applied from the sides....

im curious to hear peoples comparison to the ARC bar in terms of build and feel
That is exactly what I'm talking about...deflection from side to side.

I would like to see the ARC and see how much give it has when stood on end and flexed.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by accordfreak
first time seeing this thread... imo i think the end flanges should be more beefy and the bar itself made of steel. Also no hinges! hindges defeat the purpose.
I really don't see that as a problem, except for the steel bar part. By "flanges", I assume you mean mounting brackets that bolt down on each tower? They seem strong enough.

The Racing Dynamics strut bar I had on my M5 was designed exactly like this one (only made of heavier steel), and it worked wonders.

But to put it on, almost required 2 people as you had to bend it like a bow where it had static pressure from side to side.

Last edited by Brando; 02-15-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brando
I really don't see that as a problem, except for the steel bar part. By "flanges", I assume you mean mounting brackets that bolt down on each tower? They seem strong enough.

The Racing Dynamics strut bar I had on my M5 was designed exactly like this one (only made of heavier steel), and it worked wonders.

But to put it on, almost required 2 people as you had to bend it like a bow where it had static pressure from side to side.
Funny you mentioned that. Because for the bars that we installed here locally, we had to really "force" them bar into its place, as it seemed to want to pop out. In case you didn't get a chance to look it over, we even went as far as to add this observation into our installation instructions, in an attempt to make the install simpler.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by richie
Funny you mentioned that. Because for the bars that we installed here locally, we had to really "force" them bar into its place, as it seemed to want to pop out. In case you didn't get a chance to look it over, we even went as far as to add this observation into our installation instructions, in an attempt to make the install simpler.
I did notice that....

Either I have a wide car.....or I got a short bar.
But I do have it at the lowest position. The brackets look like the get tighter as the bar goes up.

And I'm not saying the bar won't help......I just have not driven hard enough to notice.

Last edited by Brando; 02-15-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
just installed mine today. I had a couple of good on-off freeway experiences.
From what I noticed (while driving shytty california freeways) was that the car now reacts better when driving over bumps. I have the H-techs installed and like some others noticed that the car throws itself from side to side if the bump is hit first on one side. Kinda like rocking side to side. Its nothing ridiculous but I tend to notice things like this. Now with the strut bar mounted, the car handles better over situations like that. Also while getting on the freeway earlier there was an S-turn which I've taken pretty quickly before, and there car felt like it was leaning too much. Now the car feels more planted on turn in. But this is just my first impression. I'll get more details for you guys when I go back up to azusa canyons and test it out a bit more.

good product overall.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:52 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I got mine...

and I neglected to do proper research on this website.

http://www.injectedperformance.com/V...ID=3820&VID=20

as I didn't reach the very LAST LINE that says "can't fit with coilovers"

Wish they had mentioned the NO COILOVER rule in the actual thread.

just wanted to show everyone this

Old 02-15-2007, 07:53 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
those are not my pictures and not my car.
just wanted to show

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!