Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ma_sha1
How many guys in the GB now?
How come I see only one name?

If I send in $75 deopsit & you can't fill the GB of 20 people by March 1,
will I get the deposit back? As I don't plan to pay the full price.
That is correct. If we do not reach the minimum amount of participants, you will be refunded 100% your deposit.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the nuts for the struts, is that supposed to be 38.5 ft lbs?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by tkman00
the nuts for the struts, is that supposed to be 38.5 ft lbs?
yea that looks about right from the diagram...

GB list updated....bump for more people!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Please take more picture on the driver side mounting point, I want to make sure that the mounting and the bar is no way near the AC line and intake tube..since I don't think anyone would wanna see rubbing there =)

I guess if you can do a flat $200 price + shipping, you would fill up the 20 spots pretty soon

Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Brando
The question on the Vortech fittment is with clearing the square block for the MAF connection.

I'm still not sure if it will clear......any test cars available out there???

Why can't I attach a pic?
I have just confirmed that the bar will not fit the Vortech because of the MAF block.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by godmans
Please take more picture on the driver side mounting point, I want to make sure that the mounting and the bar is no way near the AC line and intake tube..since I don't think anyone would wanna see rubbing there =)

I guess if you can do a flat $200 price + shipping, you would fill up the 20 spots pretty soon
I will try to get a pic as soon as i can, but i can say that the bracket will not even touch the AC line.
The current price IS pretty much $200 + shipping, as these bars are boxed in larger boxes and will cost me ~$20 each to ship, depending on location.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by richie
I have just confirmed that the bar will not fit the Vortech because of the MAF block.
Darn it. Thanks for the confirmation though.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello Richie,

First of all, this is a great invention with awesome price $225 shipped instead of $400+!!! If I remember correctly, Aluminum T6061 is the highest grade of aluminum material. The aluminum welding skill/workmanship seems to be very neat. (Can I get 5% discount for all that I said?...lol)

I'm highly interested in this GB. However, I have some questions to ask you about your product here. I'm running 5/16" spacer with engine cover on and I'd like to keep it the way it is. From your pictures that you have provided, they show me that there is no way my engine cover with 5/16" spacer is going to clear from your strut bar. See pictures:

Now if I trim my engine cover on its left and right edges (right under your bar is located at) into square slot shape on each side to make some clearance, do you think the middle part of the bar will clear engine cover?

Here is another question, have you guys done any test drive with hard cornering after install this bar on? Does it have any movement between the bar and the vertical slots on the mounting plates?

One last question, you have mentioned that:
Under the factory hood, the bar slightly touches the hood insulator, but is not a problem.
Does it have or have you ever heard rattling sound?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
T

Old 02-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
Darn it. Thanks for the confirmation though.
Your welcome. I wish we could've worked something out for the Vortech folks.

Originally Posted by JSpec350GT
Hello Richie,

I'm highly interested in this GB. However, I have some questions to ask you about your product here. I'm running 5/16" spacer with engine cover on and I'd like to keep it the way it is. From your pictures that you have provided, they show me that there is no way my engine cover with 5/16" spacer is going to clear from your strut bar.

Now if I trim my engine cover on its left and right edges (right under your bar is located at) into square slot shape on each side to make some clearance, do you think the middle part of the bar will clear engine cover?

Here is another question, have you guys done any test drive with hard cornering after install this bar on? Does it have any movement between the bar and the vertical slots on the mounting plates?

One last question, you have mentioned that:

Does it have or have you ever heard rattling sound?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
T
The center portion of the bar has alot more clearance than it does around the edges of the engine cover. So I think that if you were able to trim the sides properly, the bar should fit fine. Altho all of the bars that were installed with any sort of plenum removed the engine cover completely.

To answer your second question, the fitment of the bar is really tight. So once you tighten the bolts that keep the bar in place down, there is little chance of the bar sliding vertically along the slots.

The bar barely touches the heat insulator. No rattling sounds were heard and we were only able to see signs of the rubbing after a good 2 months of running the bar.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by godmans

here you go... first pic shows the bottom view and second pic is from the top.... ABS / AC line does not touch at all. I've installed the bar on 3 coupes so far and no problems with clearance. I need another sedan to test on, but from what THX723 told me, it rubbed for him...so that might be a difference between coupe/sedan. He worked around it with wrapping the line.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm definitely interested in this for my car. I'll paypal the deposit tonight.

And my wife wants to know if it will fit the 07 sedan. I'm afraid the geometry is different, but she still wants to know. Have you been able to get a hold of an 07?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I'm definitely interested in this for my car. I'll paypal the deposit tonight.

And my wife wants to know if it will fit the 07 sedan. I'm afraid the geometry is different, but she still wants to know. Have you been able to get a hold of an 07?
Great, be sure to include your username in the notes section when you send the payment.

07 sedan, mmmmm, haven't had a chance to get a hold of one of those yet. Do the strut mounts look similar?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I guess I will explore on where it will rub on the sedan; since I know that alot of people is hesitant on getting a VRT struct bar for the sedan since there are reported cases of rubbing between the struct bar mounting brace and the AC line.

Please check your pm btw

Old 02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great, be sure to include your username in the notes section when you send the payment.

07 sedan, mmmmm, haven't had a chance to get a hold of one of those yet. Do the strut mounts look similar?
The stock mounts look similar, but I think the redesigned plenum will get in the way. I've got an 07 loaner right now, and I'll be sure to get hires pictures tomorrow and post them back here.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I appreciate your patience and quick response Richie.

Please check your PM again btw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!