Its Back!! Richie Front Strut Bar V.2 Group Buy!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No laughing...anybody tried fitting this with a Stillen brake MC brace? It also uses the two rear strut mounts on the driver side.

If I can get both to fit, I'll trade the polished bar for a non-polished with anybody willing (ttrank...).

Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
It does not fit with the Stillen brace. Maybe if the bolts on my coilovers were longer but the Tein CS ones are not long enough. My MS brace has been sitting for months.

I would have loved to trade but now I wrapped mine in CF and painted the sides and mounts black.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed mine yesterday & had to relocate my Viper alarm horn/speaker, as it was installed right over the driver's side strut mount, so that was kind of a PITA.... (not your fault Richie)

I did want to comment & confirm fitment of mine, with a 3/8" MD spacer PLUS engine cover...there's about 1/4" or 3/8" of clearance WITH the bar lowered all the way (I thought I read that it wouldn't fit & the engine cover would have to come off).

Old 07-17-2007, 02:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by richie
Sorry guys, it won't be until early next week till I bring back pics/results - my friend with the 07 has been pretty busy. I'm shooting/planning on meeting up with him Monday and if all goes well, I'll have pics up Monday night.
Had to reschedule with my 07 sedan guy for tomorrow afternoon - will update soon

Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 AM
mounting holes

hi richie, i just received the bar today and it looks great! i was wondering however what is the length of the v2. mounting holes from top dead center to bottom dead center. the reason is that the brackets look like the length of v1. and not v2.? everything else looks like v2. except for the mounting holes. i'm a little concerned about the hood liner.

thanks again!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by kaloman
hi richie, i just received the bar today and it looks great! i was wondering however what is the length of the v2. mounting holes from top dead center to bottom dead center. the reason is that the brackets look like the length of v1. and not v2.? everything else looks like v2. except for the mounting holes. i'm a little concerned about the hood liner.

thanks again!
Hey Kaloman, I'll have to measure the holes tomorrow and let you know.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
I wish these were polished the first time around.
Yeah, and it was non-polished the second time around.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey Kaloman, I'll have to measure the holes tomorrow and let you know.
about 28mm from top to bottom.....

Man....my friend had to bail on me again (had to pick up his son after work) =/ crossing my fingers for tomorrow

Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 AM
install

i need some help. for some reason the strut bar installation was a disaster. everything went well until the installation of the actual bar. it almost seemed to tough to position the bar to line up the holes. i had to use a wrench to lever the bar into place.

after tightening the allen wrench bolts, everything looked good and i was pondering over the amount of space between the plenum (without cover. i also have a 5/16 md spacer), which seemed to be a lot. so i attempt to slowly lower the hood and it looked good until trying to lock the hood down, it appeared tough to do, there ended up being a bulge on each side of the hood. so i was like damn... the bolts weren't all the way down.

so i tried to unloosen the bolts and reposition the bar, which i couldn't get down anymore. i next wanted to remove the bar entirely, leave the brackets and think about elongating the mounting holes later. i got one nut off of the driver's side bolt then i tried to get the passenger's side loose. no luck.

there was so much tension/compression on the mounting points from the bar that the passenger side bolt bound and as of right now i cannot remove the nut from the bolt. it's definitely threaded beyond belief. i used an 8 inch long wrench and a pretty long allen wrench and it wouldn't budge. i basically now need to cut the bolt with a hand saw but that'll be tough also because there is hardly any room with the washer and lock washer. the bar is just sitting in my engine compartment loose.

richie, i need to get a couple of new bolt/washer/lock washer/nut combos. basically two more. the driver side bolt also got a little threaded while backing the nut out. also any advise to this problem? i followed the instructions exactly.

what should have taken no more than half an hour ended up being 2 hours and still no completion. anyone else had this much trouble with the installation? i'm in need of some advise. i was soooo excited to install this tonight and take a test drive.

so sad...

Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM
^^^PM'd ya back....

Old 07-19-2007, 01:18 AM
about 28mm from top to bottom.....

Man....my friend had to bail on me again (had to pick up his son after work) =/ crossing my fingers for tomorrow
07 Sedan Fitment:
Okay, test fitted today and no good news. The mount needs more work - will try and get worked on this weekend and test fit again next week.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 AM
bump!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Coupe 6MT
Dude! I would pick one up if it was in the budget! Props for a good looking product!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
bump...plenty in stock!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM
PM's replied....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Its Back!! Richie Front Strut Bar V.2 Group Buy!!