Phantom Air Cup Kit Suspension Now Offered at Statik Performance!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

GB!!! - $2600 F+R Kit

Ship us your coilovers and I will take care of the shipping back to you with the cups installed.

We’ll assemble the cups with your coilovers so its plug and play when you receive it.

Name:  Front-Kit_640x360.jpg
Views: 3469
Size:  188.0 KB

Front Kit Includes:
2 – Phantom Suspension Cups
1 – VIAIR 380C Air Compressor
1 – 3 Gallon Stainless Steel Air Tank
1 – Manual Paddle Valve Switches
All Necessary Lines and Fittings

Price : $2300

Name:  Complete-Kit_640x3601.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  182.5 KB

Complete Kit Includes:
4 – Phantom Suspension Cups
1 – VIAIR 380C Air Compressor
1 – 3 Gallon Stainless Steel Air Tank
2 – Manual Paddle Valve Switches
All Necessary Lines and Fittings

Price : $2800

Name:  phantom-2_717x314.jpg
Views: 1355
Size:  123.3 KB

Name:  phantom-1_717x314.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  74.2 KB

Let me know guys. If there is enough interest I can see what I can do about setting up a group buy and save everyone a couple hundred on the kits.

Also if you guys got any questions please feel free to pm me or ask in the thread.

Some Basic Questions and Answers:

What are the advantages of the Phantom Suspension System compared with other air suspension systems on the market?

The Phantom Suspension System can be adapted to any coilover system on the market and doesn’t require any major modifications for installation.
There are no complicated manifolds or electric solenoids and you will not have to sacrifice trunk space or remove your spare tire.
Other air suspension systems require rubber air-bags and these bags may tear while you’re driving and ultimately leave you immobilized.
Our system uses high grade aluminum instead of bags which means you’ll never have to worry about being stranded on the road.

What components come with the Phantom Suspension System?

The system consists of 2 to 4 Phantom Suspension aluminum cups, a VIAIR 380C air compressor, a 3 gallon aluminum air tank, 1 to 2 paddle valve switches, lines, and fittings.
Our cups are made in the USA from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum to ensure high strength and durability.

Does the Phantom Suspension System fit with any coilovers and on any vehicle?

If there are coilovers made for your vehicle then the Phanton Suspension System will work, but some vehicles may require minor fabrication to the rear.

How does the Phantom Suspension System raise and lower my vehicles ride height?

The Phantom Suspension System has aluminum cups that consists of pneumatic pistons that are adapted to the top of your coilovers.
Air is either fed in or drawn out from the cups to raise or lower your vehicles ride height.

How long does it take to lower or raise?

Average lift or lowering takes only 3 seconds.

Am I able to get different ride heights?

You’re in full control of selecting your ride height with a touch of a switch. Adding an e-level air management system will allow you to obtain pre-set ride heights.

How long does it take for the compressor to refill with air?

The compressor usually takes 5 minutes to refill to maximum capacity.

Will I be sacrificing trunk space with the compressor?

The compressor will not rob you of any major trunk space which means you’ll still be able to throw in your golf bags!

Can I ride on air while I’m driving?

Yes, The Phantom Suspension System allows you to drive with air in the cups, but your ride may be stiffer because as more air is sent into the cups the spring gets compressed.

Who can install the Phantom Suspension System?

We recommend the installation be performed by a professional mechanic because special tools are required throughout the installation.

How long does it take to install the Phantom Suspension System?

A professional mechanic should be able to complete the installation within a day.

How much does it cost for installation?

Installation costs may vary from shop to shop. Platinum VIP’s installation rate starts at $500.

Will I be sacrificing ride quality with the Phantom Suspension System?

Absolutely not! The Phantom Suspension System was specifically engineered so that it won’t compromise the handling and functionality of a coilover suspension setup.

What is the warranty on the Phantom Suspension System?

All major components of the Phantom Suspension System carry a Life-time Construction Warranty (Excludes o-ring and fittings which are a wearable items).
The compressor is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Does the Phantom Suspension System need to be serviced down the line?

The O-rings are wearable and may need to be serviced down the line. Platinum VIP’s servicing rate is $250.

How long will it take for me to receive my Phantom Suspension System?

Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery since it will be custom made to your specifications.

What information do I need to provide to place my order?

If you are not sending us your coilovers for assembly, you will need to provide the following information:

1. Type of Vehicle (Year, Make, and Model)
2. Type of Coilover (Brand and Model)
3. Front and Rear Coilover Shaft Diameter (Please specify inches or mm to the nearest hundredth. e.g., 14.25mm)
4. Front and Rear Spring Diameter, Spring Length, and Spring Rate (e.g., 180/010 = Length is 180mm / Spring Rate is 10kg/mm)

Name:  measure.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  231.8 KB

Last edited by mrwong@statik; 05-01-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
OMG im in love! Been waiting on a F&R kit

*subscribed* def interested in a group buy

How long would turn around be when shipping the coils? And will I need to completely readjust the coils to my desired ride height after cups are installed? Stance GR+ supersport (true type)

Old 01-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Sounds good bud

Yea you will have to adjust after you receive your coils back. I will try my best to get it close to what you had it at but can't be 100%

Also for true type rear the upper mounting holes need to be moved over about 1.5 inches to compensate for cup clearance. Another alternative is to hammer the area to allow for cup clearance if the stock holes are the ones you'd like to use

The following users liked this post:
B L U E S L A T E (10-06-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
So its best to set up your height that u drive and only use these to raise your car up to get over stuff, instead of setting it up so u can lay it out and raise it up to drive since u are compressing the springs.. When their is no air in them u are riding on the coilovers completely?? I'm asking for the best ride quality..

Old 01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
Frankie, cups are primarily used to air up to navigate things you can't while on the coilovers

Henry, im confused about what you said refering to the modification of the rear true type, which way do they need to be moved? More towards the body or further out, in the G35 the mount is studs on the car and holes on the top of the coil

Frankieg35 (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by rhampsterwha2
Frankie, cups are primarily used to air up to navigate things you can't while on the coilovers

Henry, im confused about what you said refering to the modification of the rear true type, which way do they need to be moved? More towards the body or further out, in the G35 the mount is studs on the car and holes on the top of the coil
My guess is they have to be moved away from the car since they are fatter than the coils..

mrwong@statik (01-27-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
sub

Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
The rear area has under 4.5" of clearance for a cup.

You will not want to drive around with these cups pressurized. The cup compresses the spring at full extension and makes the ride very very stiff. The physics and geometry of the suspension will dictate just how much lift and how much compression the cup will provide/do when fully extended. The cup will only lift the car the same height that the cars weight compressed the spring.

SO, if you have a very high Rate spring you will compress the spring less when you lower the car off the jack and back onto the wheels. Soft spring will compress more. Cup clearance becomes an issue with too soft a spring.

The picture of the cups mounted on the strut in the OP scares the crap out of me. All the load is off the top hat and is now in the center rubber bushing that the shaft flexes in. The cup needs to transfer the load to the top hat.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:55 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
How much, in inches, does this system raise the car by?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Received 143 Likes on 105 Posts
So am I better off keeping my bc's oem style or switching to the true style... im subd and will be interested in a group buy in a few months aswell!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
video of it in work?

Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by rhampsterwha2

Correct what Frankie said it needs to moved outwards. So new holes will need to be tapped and Grade 8 Bolts Nuts amd Washers will need to be used to secure everything. We have tested this in house and worked fine for 1 year.

Originally Posted by Cux350z
The rear area has under 4.5" of clearance for a cup.

You will not want to drive around with these cups pressurized. The cup compresses the spring at full extension and makes the ride very very stiff. The physics and geometry of the suspension will dictate just how much lift and how much compression the cup will provide/do when fully extended. The cup will only lift the car the same height that the cars weight compressed the spring.

SO, if you have a very high Rate spring you will compress the spring less when you lower the car off the jack and back onto the wheels. Soft spring will compress more. Cup clearance becomes an issue with too soft a spring.

The picture of the cups mounted on the strut in the OP scares the crap out of me. All the load is off the top hat and is now in the center rubber bushing that the shaft flexes in. The cup needs to transfer the load to the top hat.
It really depends on how the system is installed. How we did it on my G was remove the preload from the spring so when there is no air in it. It is on the ground however full travel is still used. We just had to compensate for the 1.5 the cup takes at the top of the coil by dropping the spring from the top instead of the height adjustment from the bottom. When fully aired up it does ride stiffer by it pretty much changes the spring rate by about 2kg (Example is 10/8 Spring setup will turn into a 12/10 Spring setup when fully aired. So this is still within the safe area of the tophat.)

The cups do transfer the load to the top hat since that is where it is mounted. No Load is transfered to the rubber bushing on the shaft..

Originally Posted by calcul8
How much, in inches, does this system raise the car by?
Mine is about 5 inches Front and 4 Inches Rear. This is also using the Independent suspension not the true type.

Originally Posted by serges
So am I better off keeping my bc's oem style or switching to the true style... im subd and will be interested in a group buy in a few months aswell!!!
Your better off with the OEM style since no modification will be needed. With True type coils new mounting holes will need to be drilled into the chassis to compensate for cup clearance or body work will need to be done to enlarge the area surrounding the cup. If the stock holes are the ones you would like to use.

Originally Posted by djfarhan
video of it in work?
Working on it..Just been raining = )

Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
So its best to set up your height that u drive and only use these to raise your car up to get over stuff, instead of setting it up so u can lay it out and raise it up to drive since u are compressing the springs.. When their is no air in them u are riding on the coilovers completely?? I'm asking for the best ride quality..
I actually have mine set to sit on the ground. I do ride around with some air in my cups. They feel like I am just riding around with coils. But now I have a nicer stance when parked and have the ability to clear driveways and speed bumps when needed.

Correct with no air its like riding on coilovers completely. However they can be used to replicate a bag setup but with only 4-5 inches of travel you will be driving pretty low even if aired up all the way.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:48 AM
Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts
Henry, count me in for a group buy and see if we can get any additional discounts for installs too.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Jaygotboost
Henry, count me in for a group buy and see if we can get any additional discounts for installs too.
Sounds good bud.

Lets see if we can get 5 interested and i'll talk to them about setting up a group buy. I'm aiming at getting the Full Kits at $2500

As far as Installs they are pretty set at $500. I've already tried = )

Interest

1. JaygotBoost

Last edited by mrwong@statik; 01-27-2013 at 04:08 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phantom Air Cup Kit Suspension Now Offered at Statik Performance!!