Texas Z Party!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 11:40 AM
We've got lots of people signing up, but still have plenty of room at the track event. Come on out!! even if you've never done it! You'll thank us later.

Old 06-05-2009 | 11:50 AM
|
Originally Posted by matt93se
we've got lots of people signing up, but still have plenty of room at the track event. Come on out!! Even if you've never done it! you'll thank us later.
+1!!!

Old 06-05-2009 | 12:54 PM
I prefer doing my thanking now.

Old 06-09-2009 | 02:29 PM
Mike, you can thank me by buying me a beer after the track event.

Old 06-12-2009 | 12:56 PM
That can be arranged

So, guys, i might bring one other person with me but won't know until the day before. Is it alright to pay at the gate?

Old 06-12-2009 | 08:46 PM
Will they want to drive or just spectate/ car show?

Let us know as soon as possible. We have give the caterer a final head count on like Monday or something, so we need to be as accurate as we can on registration. I'm sure we will order a small overage on food, but we can't order tons of food for people that may not show up. We're already losing enough money on the event as is!

anyway, let me know as soon as you can and how many you think you might bring. I'll talk to the people in charge of catering and see what their plans are.
As for the track event, we still have tons of room so we'll be glad to take them- just make sure the car is up to snuff and they'll need to bring registration form and completed tech sheet with them.. Let me know ASAP on addtional track drivers as well so we can find a class to put them in and whatnot.

Old 06-18-2009 | 01:20 PM
It's this weekend! Anyone else here joining?

Old 06-20-2009 | 04:23 PM
Awesome time guys. Kudos to the organizers in making this happen. I had to cut short but still managed to get 3 sessions and the parade lap in. Those Z guys are a cool bunch. Thank you, guys! Matt, i had a feeling you forgot who i was. Can't blame you, you're much more famous than i am. LOL.

Old 06-20-2009 | 07:49 PM
|
Awesome event!!! Thanks for the Infiniti owner's that came out and joined us! Hope you had a great and and will join us in the future!!! (Pics coming up later in the week.)

Old 06-20-2009 | 07:59 PM
You mean, all three of us? LOL. I didn't get to meet you, Robert, but the event turned out great. Thank you!

Old 07-01-2009 | 07:37 PM
Mike, I know who you are-- just so damn busy running around making sure everything was getting done and keeping the sponsors happy and whatnot, I just couldn't make too much time to socialize. Instead of spending my track time working on my line and gaining speed, I spent it taking green students and sponsors out for fun laps. When I wasn't on the track, I was organizing grid or making sure lunch was being moved right or checking on registration. And I spent a LOT of time out on track... I didn't shut the car off before noon, except to put gas in it and switch drivers since I had a friend co-driving in blue group.
The afternoon sessions were a bit less time on track, but with the heat I still wore myself out!!

Too much work, not enough time or volunteers!!

Overall, things went fairly well- I just wish we'd have had more time to plan things and gotten info out to participants better. I know a bunch of guys didn't know when to show up at the track or even how to get there and whatnot.. I don't plan on doing another one soon, but there are things like that which will be done better next time around.