[Austin]: Calling all Texas Cities...How about a Texas Meet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Calling all Texas Cities...How about a Texas Meet?

About a year ago a few of us in Austin talked about having an all Texas meet, but nothing came of it due to lack of interest. Not to mention we were still a small group with no idea how to host an event this size. Recently the topic has come up again and so I thought maybe we'll give it another try.

An event like this would more than likely be 2 days long and would include several activities. The obvious location to have a meet like this would be in Austin since it's central to all other cities. I may be able to arrange for overnight stay at local hotels at discounted rates depending on the number of people coming. The time frame would be sometime later this year (September-October) or early next year (April-May) when the weather is not so super hot!

I wanted to see what kind of interest is out there for having a meet of this size, and more importantly I need to know who is in charge of the Dallas, San Antonio, & Houston G/Z clubs so we can begin planning.

I represent the Austin/Killeen VQ's
Who's in charge of the San Antonio VQ's?
Who's in charge of the DFW VQ's?
Who's in charge of the Houston VQ's?
Are there any other VQ clubs in Texas in other cities not mentioned above?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mt7rabbit we were just mentioning about doing a Mega G Meet in Texas once a year, and we can change cities each year. Like Austin hosts this year, Houston, Dallas, and so forth. Us Houston G members are trying to get a club started up first but that sounds like a great idea.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nyckid
mt7rabbit we were just mentioning about doing a Mega G Meet in Texas once a year, and we can change cities each year. Like Austin hosts this year, Houston, Dallas, and so forth. Us Houston G members are trying to get a club started up first but that sounds like a great idea.
WERD! You read my mind MT7 Rabbit

Old 06-29-2009, 05:13 PM
If you guys are in the process of putting together a formal VQ club in Houston I can help you guys out by giving you a few pointers like where to go if you want your own website, invite cards, banners, T-shirts, decals, how to get new members, sponsors, etc... We did a lot of this by trial and error, but I can help you out by making the entire process much easier by learning from our mistakes.

PM me and I'll help you guys out.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
If you guys are in the process of putting together a formal VQ club in Houston I can help you guys out by giving you a few pointers like where to go if you want your own website, invite cards, banners, T-shirts, decals, how to get new members, sponsors, etc... We did a lot of this by trial and error, but I can help you out by making the entire process much easier by learning from our mistakes.

PM me and I'll help you guys out.
Any help is good help! We've been trying to do this off and on for a while now but since last night at a mini meet we met other folks who are just as enthusiastic as us to really get it going. Thanks for your help!

Please do post in this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/texas/2...ml#post4356476

Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I really like this idea a bunch. Alternating cities would be a great idea as well.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM
The BRG Guys from San Antonio are in. I'd be more than happy to help coordinate as I did for the San Marcos meet!

Last edited by ATX350; 06-29-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Austin Hill Country through Marble Falls and Lime Creek FTMFW!! I've done it 3 times so far (2x in Celica and 1x in the G) and I've had a total blast each and every time. A few of us Toyota/Former Toyota owners have been doing this run for the past 3 or so years now with pretty good success and normally have our runs twice a year: Spring and Fall. I'd love to go on another one.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 AM
mt7rabbit, we appreciate your support in helping us out getting things started for the Houston G community. There really has never been one to begin with and hopefully this time with all the enthusiasm that's going on we can make it happen.

Much appreciated.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 AM
So who will we appoint Sheriff of area 5 here in Houston, lol, sorry...True Blood fan, lol.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by hipi2002
So who will we appoint Sheriff of area 5 here in Houston, lol, sorry...True Blood fan, lol.
True Blood is the best show

Old 06-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by ATX350
The BRG Guys from San Antonio are in. I'd be more than happy to help coordinate as I did for the San Marcos meet!
Thanks for your support, I know I can count on you to gather up some San Antonio drivers.

Originally Posted by NgoFcukinWay
Austin Hill Country through Marble Falls and Lime Creek FTMFW!! I've done it 3 times so far (2x in Celica and 1x in the G) and I've had a total blast each and every time. A few of us Toyota/Former Toyota owners have been doing this run for the past 3 or so years now with pretty good success and normally have our runs twice a year: Spring and Fall. I'd love to go on another one.
This is something I had in mind, since you already know the route your help would be very beneficial. We should talk about this some more when we start planning for this.

mt7rabbit, we appreciate your support in helping us out getting things started for the Houston G community. There really has never been one to begin with and hopefully this time with all the enthusiasm that's going on we can make it happen.

Much appreciated.
My pleasure, let me know if you guys need any more help.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Head of Dallas here

Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
This is something I had in mind, since you already know the route your help would be very beneficial. We should talk about this some more when we start planning for this.
I'd be more than happy to help out as much as I can. I think we might be planning another one for November, but I'm not entirely too sure yet.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:40 PM
mt7 i just jumped on the centex boards, as you've probably noticed in our top gear discussion ha

i'd be happy to help out, i'll be in austin at school those months so i can be the official "liaison" with the houston guys once we get our solid group started

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Austin]: Calling all Texas Cities...How about a Texas Meet?