*** Texas People Wanting the Transgo Kit Installed!!***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
*** Texas People Wanting the Transgo Kit Installed!!***

Attention G35/350Z 5AT Owners,

My best G35 friend and I have come to realize in the past few months that a lot of G35driver members with automatic G35’s are starting to realize the potential of the Transgo Valve Body Upgrade Kit yet straying away because of the difficulty of the install. Christian (CeBrwn5454) and I (06g35meister) have decided to gauge interest in a service to help those who are looking for a better performing transmission but do not have the technical expertise (or want) to take apart the valve body and modify it with the Transgo Kit. We did the install on Christians G35 in the spring and were successful in installing it with no hiccups or problems. It was not simple, but taking 8 hours and only using precision tools, we were able to complete the kit with relative ease (compared to the upgrades we have done on similar cars). With this experience under our belt, plus the expertise we have of over 5 years of modifying cars, we feel more than qualified to install this kit. Christian’s kit is now taking almost 400rwhp and is still shifting strong. We know this kit is a winner, it is proven time and time again, we just want more of you to feel that you have the option to have it with much less headache than doing it yourselves.

What we would like to see in this thread is the following:

A) If there is anyone within reach of Waco, Texas (Dallas, Austin, Houston) who would be willing to pay for gas ($4 for every 20 miles or so) and parts (Transgo kit, no labor costs) to let us do this install locally and take pictures of the entire process. Then we will be making an instruction manual (we know the ones out there aren’t great).

B) If there are people interested in trusting us to take apart the VB and do the installation of the kit. The install will most likely come in 3 different options varying on location and amount of expertise, pricing to be decided later:

1) BUY the removal, modification, and installation instructions (for the DIY’er). This will be an extensive and detailed instruction one-stop-shop for getting you a turn-key VB upgrade.

2) Use the FREE (with install) instructions to get the VB out, ship it to us here in Waco, and we will install the kit, and return it to you and you can replace it. (Distance Customers)

3) We will come to you, do the VB uninstall, install the VB kit, and install the VB back in the car. We will also take care of fluid replacement. This would basically be a turn-key VB upgrade. (Local to within 250 miles of Waco or so, we could probably stretch out the radius for the right price!)

Christian and I are not a part of a shop, we do not sell any parts nor make a profit off of anything but labor, but both have very extensive car modification histories. Both of us are more than capable of doing this at the rate of about 1-3 mailed and definitely 1 full installed VB per week depending on interest. For those who are local, we would be able to bring the G35 with the kit down to give you a ride along (also has a Vortech for added punch) so you can feel the kit during normal acceleration and DD’ing, and also give you an idea of how it performs under full throttle with modified power. This is assuming the G35 is available and not being used at that time for something else.

Let us know if we can help, to get things started we will need someone local around Texas to let us take pictures and document the installation procedure. Requirements for this are the following:
1) Must have the car jacked off the ground via a jack and 4 jack stands on a flat working surface (considering our own safety here)
2) Must have Transgo kit bought and ready to install
3) Must have correct amount (typically 8 quarts) of Nissan S-Matic transmission fluid (ATF)/funnel bought and ready to replace. This is to guarantee the work we have done will not break the tranny with the harder shifts over MANY years of wear and tear.
4) We will need a place to stay overnight, as documenting and completing the install with the precision and detail we are used to will take a while. We are willing to stay in-house or a paid hotel.

Last few liability issues, the fine print if you will. The VB must be 100% in working order when it arrives, we will know if it is broken or has been taken out incorrectly. We will guarantee our work against VB defects for a period of 3 months from the date of the work. If during the 3 month period you have any problems and can prove that we are at fault we will fix the VB for free including shipping/gas. Mind you that is if there is proof/explanation that the VB kit install was installed incorrectly or malfunctioned. We will not guarantee anything outside of the VB (transmission, drivetrain, etc.). Any and all shipping will be paid for by the owner of the VB.

So that’s what we got! Feel free to PM either Christian (CeBrwn5454) or I (06g35meister)! We want to see more of these kits installed! Post up thoughts and interest!

Christian Brown and Kevin Reene

Old 08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUMP BUMP....slow shifting autos....no fun!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
Um, this defiantly interests me... how much are Transgo kits going for these days?

Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by sexyrob
Um, this defiantly interests me... how much are Transgo kits going for these days?
The cheapest we have heard is around $260, Christian got his for around $280 about 6 months ago, still claims its the best $280 he's spent on the car and i agree with him.

*edit* we would love to see how these perform with the sxexcx kits, so we might be able to discount a bit for a review and a ridealong after the install.

*editx2* i meant best $280 he's spent, i really am an educated person, i promise

Last edited by 06g35meister; 08-14-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Bumpzors!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt

Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 AM
WOW! Seems to be a lot of interest, all PM's replied!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Not enough interest, might update when i have access to more tools and a garage to do this myself, thanks for everyone's PM's and the interest given.

we will keep everyone updated, but everyone regardless should get this kit and get it installed.