Moving to SA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Moving to SA

What's up guys?
I will be moving to SA around December. I'm from San Diego but I'm currently in Afghanistan. I've been buying a whole bunch of parts since I have been out here that I planned to install when I get back. Problem is I don't know mechanics in SA. My dad was going to do all the installs and a buddy was going to do my headlights and nismo bumper. Let me know if you guys know any reputable mechanics in the area.
I know SA somewhat since I've done a bunch of training there and I'm down to party, but not too much on the river walk with tourists.

Parts needing to be installed:
Nismo V2 bumper
Front/rear splash guards
Megan coil overs
Oem Brembos
06 headlights
Pioneer DD to replace old DD

Any hook ups on:
reupholstering headliners?
Refinishing custom wheels? (IForge Senekas 19")

Alright, hopefully I see you guys out there and do some cruising.

Edward
Gray Goose

Old 09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I have an upholstery guy who is awesome, and what exactly do you mean refinish your wheels? Do you want them painted, powder coated or chromed, either way I know someone who does all of the above.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Looking forward to meet you sir

Check this thread out its where we usually just talk alot of bs but sometimes actually plan a meeting or exchange numbers etc.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Yo

Nice, I need to do my headliner and pillars.
Well I let a genius detail my car and he sprayed something that removed the clear coat that is on the face of the wheel. The wheel might need to be taken apart to do this (3-piece). I'd also just like to get the other ones cleaned up, polished and have little nicks repaired.

I just reserved an apartment in Southtown, so downtown and the King William area will become my playground.

I am definitely looking forward to moving out there, the Texas ladies are always nice.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I know someone who can take care of those pillars, too easy. If you want them recleared I know someone who can do that, no prob. If you want to get them powder coated, i know someone who can do them for a good price if you take them apart.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Sounds good Jay. Hey do you have a mechanic too? I need some Megan coil overs and Brembos installed.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
You should check out the San Antonio roll call thread and post in there. 210vq isn't around anymore.

Jay I'm also interested in upholstery place. What place do you know that does a good job??

Also I know a really good place for powdercoating if anyone is interested.

I installed my Megan coilovers with my step dad. If you have tools shouldn't be too hard just takes a lil while to do. Headlights are pretty easy to remove and put back.
I'm getting my nismo painted this week hopefully and the guy is going to install next week. Mine didn't come pre drilled so I'd rather have them do it.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
...we dont need roads...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coilovers and brakes, me and some friends do ourselves. We did my Coils and wilwood brakes.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by GRAY GOOSE
Sounds good Jay. Hey do you have a mechanic too? I need some Megan coil overs and Brembos installed.
Yea I'm with al, the coils and been is can be put on at the house.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Al, I have 2 that I go to depending on how much you wanna pay, but I can take u to both.

Originally Posted by alpa_chino
You should check out the San Antonio roll call thread and post in there. 210vq isn't around anymore.

Jay I'm also interested in upholstery place. What place do you know that does a good job??

Also I know a really good place for powdercoating if anyone is interested.

I installed my Megan coilovers with my step dad. If you have tools shouldn't be too hard just takes a lil while to do. Headlights are pretty easy to remove and put back.
I'm getting my nismo painted this week hopefully and the guy is going to install next week. Mine didn't come pre drilled so I'd rather have them do it.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Im just looking to do the middle of the seats. Was thinking about ordering fabric from bride and doing the factory seats front and back. Would look pretty bad *** I think and not be expensive as hell. At least till I can get brides for the front.

Do you know anyone that does fender roll?? The guy I was going to have do mine has been mia so might need to find someone else

Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 PM
The thing is, regardless If u do the whole or middle it's the same price because they have to take the seat cover off anyways. There was a sedan at the GTG III in Cali that had the seats. Looked sexy! I have a fender roller if you want to use it

Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Oh ok. Do you know how much that would run? Just an around price. Not too sure if I wanna do it yet. Still got some other stuff to do.

And I don't trust myself to do the fenders. Would rather have someone do it that's done it before and knows what their doing you know

Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by FastDontLie
Coilovers and brakes, me and some friends do ourselves. We did my Coils and wilwood brakes.
Sounds good. I'll be hitting you guys up for some help when I get in. I'll probably need to roll my fenders, I'll need to borrow that roller Jay.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 PM
...we dont need roads...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAY GOOSE
Sounds good. I'll be hitting you guys up for some help when I get in. I'll probably need to roll my fenders, I'll need to borrow that roller Jay.
No problem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moving to SA