TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Vdc / Slip / Speedometer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Vdc / Slip / Speedometer

OK, guys I'm trying to figure this one out. Last time both lights kept kickin on and my speedo would just drop and stop marking my speed. The problem seems to reappear when I've gone through semi-deep water and just simply dealing with heavy rain. I'm guessing I'm having a sensor that's getting wet??? Any ideas? Damn dealer blamed the battery last time and I got a new one but now it just reappears with heavy rains

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
you have aftermarket wheels...that could be it

or in everyone else's case its time to check the rotors (definitely the case if your BRAKE light comes on)

Old 09-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve312
you have aftermarket wheels...that could be it

or in everyone else's case its time to check the rotors (definitely the case if your BRAKE light comes on)
Well the brake did come on a couple of times but I've put new pads all around so no brake light. The weird part is that this happened with the stock wheels also. Damn those G gremlins.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
did you ever solve this issue? I had this problem with the speedo/mileage counter because the wiring on the back of the gauge cluster were loose. I re-taped the wiring tightly and now everything is back to normal.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just had this problem last weekend when I drove home in heavy rain. I ended up doing a ECU reset by unplugging the battery overnight (13 hours) since the quick ecu reset didn't work. It's been a few days now and all is still good.

I also read somewhere that someone had a wire that was located near the rear diff that had came unplugged. So you might want to check that too.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad ground wire. Dealership had to tear apart the interior and it took them 2 days to figure this out.

The thing that never made sense to me was that this was a ground wire on the interior, so why did this only happen in the rain? I'm not convinced this was the underlying cause, but it hasn't happened since. Personally, I think in all their troubleshooting they inadvertently fixed it and found a faulty ground wire at the same time.

I recommend checking the wire by the diff.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 AM
check to see if rain got into your car and soaked the wire harness that goes to the ecm and the ecm itself...i had the same problem...my wire harness was soaked from the rain..thats in the passenger kick panel area.....i have an aftermarket stereo system and i ran my amplifier 4 gauge wire through the firewall grommet and i left a hole for water to get inside...

Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Similiar problem

I got a 04 G35 sedan, amd recently after taken it to the shop, and haven new rotors put in and some steering probs fixed, the VDC off light and Slip light come on and stay on. Thats only after starting the car and driven the first foot, where the car almost stop for me, then drives coo with those two lights on. Talked to the shop they say it might be a sensor, but reading around been hearing it could be do to rotors or even brake fluid. Brake fluids good and front rotors just replaced. One more thing since goen to the shop get a skeekn nose mainly when I stop and go, they say its sway bar. Any people delt with similar problems, mainly VDC and Slip light, it really bad. Squick I can deal with, jus thought they might be in connection.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I seem to get this same type of general problem after it rains as well.

My check engine light and my VDC lights goes on for a few days. Then I will get a weird hesitation/powerloss and I have to shut the engine off. After turning it back on my service engine light is still on but it drives fine. After a few driving trips though the light goes off and evrything seems normal. It's beginning to irritate me now. Next time it happens I will be taking it to the dealer to figure out what's going on.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I had the same problem 3 times before I was able to fix it myself, I think the other times the dealership didnt do anything but have the car sit there "waiting for parts". Take a leaf blower and blast the wheels for a couple of minutes. Its either water or leaves messing with the sensors.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Vcd/slip/abs Light All On

Before i left out of town i part my 2005 G35 6MT in my driveway with it's cover on. All was good but when i returned 3wks later the car started fine all my fluids were normal but my rotors were rusted. so anyhow as i proceeded to drive off not even 2 sec the lights came on. I have been reading that it put itself in safemode will go off after u turn it off it's been 2wks nothing other than unplugging the batt. I'm gonna try that tonite see what 's up.. any other pointers?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got a 04 AT and i was workin in shreveport when there was some bad rain. I had several electrical issues' after , my traction control didnt work wouldn't go into fifth gear , my ac just blew warm air. The dealership told me that when i went thru the puddle that some how my battery went dead and when there isn't enough volts for the electrical system it can at times malfunction. They couldn't find anything wrong with it when they checked everything out.This was about three months ago. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with my ecu .I still have problems with the traction shutting off ( i've had the back end slide out on me a few time when i wasnt expecting it) , my ac quits after a long ride and wont work unless i turn it off for about twenty minutes. My tire gauge keeps going off and my drivers door lock went out a few weeks ago .Other than all the electrical issues , i'm still haulin *** and lookin good