G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/197305-infiniti-rev-up-oil-consumption-tsb.html)

Princess_Jen 09-25-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Libra4220 (Post 4579662)
If they start doing the OC test and you go out of warranty what happens then?

As long as you report the problem before your warranty is up they should cover it. I would get invoice or something that said you came in for oc testing. Them making you do 1000 miles test and all the other crap isnt your problem. If you get screwed over w that then thats your own fault for not :CUSSING:. Im sure they will try it though.

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 10:29 AM

got some good news from Infiniti today. My parents gave them my VIN and they said my 05 was produced before they started having the oil consumption issues. They also said that if we started to have issues, to bring it to them, even though I dont have a warranty (being the 2nd owner) it's 70 bucks each test. and if they find out the engine is bad. You get refunded your money, and get your new long block. My Infiniti dealer seems to be a little more helpful and informative than most of you have delt with.

Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust 09-25-2009 10:31 AM

you guys who are out of warranty and burning oil, is the problem getting worse and have you guys done compression tests? because if the car is running ok and has good compression, I would just keep an eye on the level and not worry too much

Princess_Jen 09-25-2009 10:34 AM

OMG thats a new one.. it was produced before the TSB. Lol.
I had warranty and I was the 2nd owner? Mine just ran out like two weeks ago bc of the miles. I would just have your father keep an eye on it. Based off of what you said seems like he knows enough about cars to do that. If he sees a problem I would have him be a little more firm w Inifiniti to take the car in.

Jenna

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 10:37 AM

Yeah Jen, they said it was produced just prior to the TSB, lol. I was like ok then. My dad said he hasnt heard any unusual noise, and he checked the oil just before he changed it yesterday and it was right below full. like a thumbnails thickness below it.

Princess_Jen 09-25-2009 10:43 AM

I have an 05 "produced" in May and they took mine in. I didn't have to go through the testing. They wanted to do that 1k testing crap but that didn't work. I was going to the dealer and when I was right down the street from them, my car turned off while I was in 3rd gear. I was like ?WTF?, Im not risking my life for you to test my car. Test it yourself. Almost caused a car accident too. I called Infiniti and told them where to pick up the car. They send a advisor to pick me up and a tech drove the car to the dealer. Thats when I got pissed off at Inifiniti. Everything went downhill from there.

Thats why I feel bad for anyone that has to go through this. Dealer trys sooo hard to get out of it.

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 10:54 AM

According to what the guy faxed my mom, my G rolled off the line in Japan in April 2005, and doesn't fall into the problem area. So hopefully they are right. It doesnt matter in all honesty. I'm deploying again March of 2011, and the car is either getting a built long block or the 4.2 stroker kit, and twin turbo'd. So that motor is coming out regardless. :)

Princess_Jen 09-25-2009 11:21 AM

Lol well I guess I wish I had similar options when I went through my OC.
No turbo for my G. Hopefully you come home safe. I have friends out in afghanistan as well.

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 11:24 AM

Thanks Jen. 've only got 64 days left in this stupid country. I can't wait to get back and enjoy my car for more than 10 days. I'm out here with the 101st Airborne Division out of Ft. Campbell, Ky.

V35 Skyline GT 09-25-2009 11:58 AM

^My 2006 was built before the 'first' TSB released lol!!, which was Jan 10, 2008 btw. Your dealer is wrong about your 2005 not covered and that's another 'red flag'. Look at first page of TSB and what years are covered. Coupe vin's before xxxxx or in other words coupes built before May 29, 2007.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...08-002cpg1.jpg

Second 'red flag': $70 to test. Now look at last page of TSB. Those are billing codes the dealer usues to get paid back by Infiniti. If they charge you to OC test, they're double dipping!! As long as customer reports or states this issue before warranty up (and on paperwork), there's 'no charge' to customer for testing period.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...08-002cpg8.jpg

This same dealer that said recall only or your SOL in the beginning? I wouldn't trust this dealer as far as I could throw them....

G/L

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 12:04 PM

My car isnt under warranty. I'm the 2nd owner, the guy I bought the car from said the warranty didnt transfer. I could be wrong. but I'll check into the TSB again.

V35 Skyline GT 09-25-2009 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by 350GT_Enthusias (Post 4581283)
My car isnt under warranty. I'm the 2nd owner, the guy I bought the car from said the warranty didnt transfer. I could be wrong. but I'll check into the TSB again.

Factory warranty follows the car not the owner. True fact....

-edit- If run-around still happens, start a complaint file (and get file #) with Infiniti Customer Care. I see a lot of BS happening.

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 12:17 PM

So as long as my car has under 70K miles. I still fall under my power train warranty and they cant charge me anyhow. God I wish i wasn't in this stupid country and at home. i'd drive the car to thier front door and let them know what was up.

Princess_Jen 09-25-2009 12:31 PM

Yup I told you!! You got warranty.. they just dont like it. Lol

350GT_Enthusias 09-25-2009 12:36 PM

This is such BS. I'm kinda wondering if i should even worry though. i bought the car used with 40K on it, and I'm in constant contact with the guy that owned it before me. He said he never had any issues out of it. No knocks, no pinging. No low oil levels. He was the original owner of the car from brand new with 4 miles on it.