G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/197305-infiniti-rev-up-oil-consumption-tsb.html)

DuaneB 12-16-2009 04:57 AM

I had the "lawnmower engine" sound once on a cold start. It only lasted for about a second and I didn't notice any smoke but I wasn't really watching for smoke either. It only did this once and never again. I've since had the engine replaced under the OC TSB, and yes it is starting to ping again too. I've got about 5000 miles on the replacement. I'm off to check the PCV now :-)

V35 Skyline GT 12-16-2009 11:40 AM

My old original oil burner never did that (28K miles of OC), but my replacement has (~15K mi with minimal OC). Still hasn't done it again. I've heard of hick-ups, but that one took the cake. Still waiting for my UOA report...

Libra4220 12-17-2009 09:21 PM

Was just wandering if there is any word about a recalls on the oc engine problem. my dealer said that I wasn't consuming the amount a car does with the OC problem, I checked it at 4k after my oil change and it was like 1 and a half qts low, so I will be going back to the dealer for another oc test, they said I would have to have my car serviced there in order for them to even contact infiniti about an engine replacement which i think is bs, if I don't want to service my car at the dealer because there priced very high then I shouldn't have to. also my warranty ends in January but the mechanic said it's still good up to 70k even after Jan.

V35 Skyline GT 12-17-2009 11:27 PM

^ There's only a TSB no recall.

Got my UOA report. My replacement is failing. Bad top-end build, bottom-end fine. Thanks Infiniti. That's strike 2.

nsyr 12-18-2009 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Libra4220 (Post 4759937)
Was just wandering if there is any word about a recalls on the oc engine problem. my dealer said that I wasn't consuming the amount a car does with the OC problem, I checked it at 4k after my oil change and it was like 1 and a half qts low, so I will be going back to the dealer for another oc test, they said I would have to have my car serviced there in order for them to even contact infiniti about an engine replacement which i think is bs, if I don't want to service my car at the dealer because there priced very high then I shouldn't have to. also my warranty ends in January but the mechanic said it's still good up to 70k even after Jan.

Your warranty ends in January. Warranties are 6 yr 70k miles, whatever comes first. My advice is to go to another dealer. Your current dealer is giving you the run around because he knows your warranty will soon be up.

Libra4220 12-18-2009 08:35 PM

Right thats kind of weird they said my warrenty was up in 2010, yeah I think Im going to another dealer thanks....

dmaculate 01-11-2010 09:45 PM

Just got back from the dealership, I'm off the charts in the "No Good" category. At 50,000 miles, the dealership said oil service records are required. I purchased the car recently, only have a few records, so the lady says since they won't warranty the engine, to be safe I should change my oil every 3000 miles instead of 3750.... fun times.

They will be replacing my engine, they just don't know it yet.

V35 Skyline GT 01-12-2010 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by dmaculate (Post 4805265)
Just got back from the dealership, I'm off the charts in the "No Good" category. At 50,000 miles, the dealership said oil service records are required. I purchased the car recently, only have a few records, so the lady says since they won't warranty the engine, to be safe I should change my oil every 3000 miles instead of 3750.... fun times.

They will be replacing my engine, they just don't know it yet.

Where on the TSB does it say that :bowrofl:

Tear them a new one. Get er dun :cool:

dmaculate 01-12-2010 11:55 PM

Got the call back and was told it's getting swapped. It never even got to going back and forth. Also, the Tustin Infiniti lady told me before she placed the call to corporate that she had rarely seen them change out the motor without asking for oil records. I told her if that was going to be the case, then to submit me the denial in writing. I'm not saying that's what helped me, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people talk loud but won't write it down. It's tough to CYA when your *** is on the line.

alfhasg35 01-13-2010 12:23 AM

congratz..! i hate tustin infiniti...

funny.. you bought it used and getting a new motor..

i bought it brand new over there and there a bitch about replacing a headlight lamp under warrantyy...!!!

never again...

SxSkyLinexS 01-13-2010 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by dmaculate (Post 4808054)
Got the call back and was told it's getting swapped. It never even got to going back and forth. Also, the Tustin Infiniti lady told me before she placed the call to corporate that she had rarely seen them change out the motor without asking for oil records. I told her if that was going to be the case, then to submit me the denial in writing. I'm not saying that's what helped me, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people talk loud but won't write it down. It's tough to CYA when your *** is on the line.

:icon17: people like you never cease to amaze ME!

good job on getting a new engine... some woulda just walked out there bummed like darnit, no new engine

sometimes we gotta fight for wats rightfully ours.

next time go to riverside infiniti :D im personally recommending you

tragedycat 01-15-2010 10:54 PM

If I'm experiencing OC after the drivetrain warranty expires, am I out of luck? Or do TSB's extend beyond that?

alfhasg35 01-16-2010 10:03 AM

" s o l "

SaintRedRocket 01-17-2010 06:20 PM

Just clocked 2990 miles on my 1st engine replacement. Took the car in after 1k miles because it was 20MM low only to have the dealer tell me that was "normal break-in consumption" and to come back at 3k miles for my first oil change.

Now, at 2990 miles, the coolant reserve tank is completely empty, the oil level is 8-9MM from the bottom of the dip stick, and the car sounds like a lawn mower just as some others are stating their cars sound like as well.

Going to call ICA again on Tuesday to file my 3rd complaint on this replacement engine.

spankey167 01-19-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by alfhasg35 (Post 4808105)
congratz..! i hate tustin infiniti...

funny.. you bought it used and getting a new motor..

i bought it brand new over there and there a bitch about replacing a headlight lamp under warrantyy...!!!

never again...

Yea! I went to Tustin to ask about my headlamp (mines an 03 with the defect of cracking due to the fog light). My car is still under warranty. Some lady said they would not cover it under warranty.

Does anybody know where I can go to get that replaced?

Thanks!