TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Window issue...my a** is sore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window issue...my a** is sore

Hi all,
My window motors have finally gone on the drivers side and the passenger is soon to follow.
It's at the dealership right now getting the driver's side done.

$680.00 for parts + $200.00 labor!!
Seriously!! If I'm going to be raped this bad I should have stolen somthing and be locked up in jail.

I know this is an issue for this car and I can be dropping a G (no punn indended) everytime my window is @##$#.

What are your thoughts...
how hard is this to do myself or where can I go to get this done and fixed once and for all.

PS I am in Canada, and they said that the TSB is for the window relearn and that the TSB for the window regulator is a US issue. How the hell are the Canadian and US window systems on the car different.
Any how my warrenty ran out last March and they wont budge.

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have replaced mine twice on my own. They are not that hard to replace and your local auto parts store should carry a replacement. If there is not a DIY guide for this, I can make one, just PM me and let me know. Hope this helps.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I have looked for a DIY but the one out there it is a little vague. If you have another one handy that would be awesome.
I'm going to have to do the passenger side soon and I'm sure I'll be doing the drivers side eventually.

THanks so much Jthomas, I'm sure a lot of other people will benefit from a DIY too.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:23 PM
(sorry.. I didn't mean to post another reply)

Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 AM
yeah i've had to do this on mine a few months back...it was a pain in the butt...

good luck with the repair

Old 03-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by GD-Up
Hi all,
My window motors have finally gone on the drivers side and the passenger is soon to follow.
It's at the dealership right now getting the driver's side done.

$680.00 for parts + $200.00 labor!!
Seriously!! If I'm going to be raped this bad I should have stolen somthing and be locked up in jail.

I know this is an issue for this car and I can be dropping a G (no punn indended) everytime my window is @##$#.

What are your thoughts...
how hard is this to do myself or where can I go to get this done and fixed once and for all.

PS I am in Canada, and they said that the TSB is for the window relearn and that the TSB for the window regulator is a US issue. How the hell are the Canadian and US window systems on the car different.
Any how my warrenty ran out last March and they wont budge.

Thanks!
wtf... that has got to be a joke. it's about 177$us for the motor... and the regulator is 57$

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...05&catalogid=2

pm me your email and i can send u the workshop manual pages for the window.

Last edited by giddyup69; 03-25-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
My driver-side window has been buggin out on me lately and is getting worse. It just won't go down for no reason and sometimes when i shut the door it doesnt go all the way up like it should to close the "gap". If I slam my door about 25 times it will go down and work fine, but this is making me slowly go insane. Anyone know if this is a bad motor or regulator, and if I can possibly grease it up or something?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
And this isn't covered by warranty, because

of what?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Hi,
My car is the Japanese model skyline v35, and it also has the same windows problem as well..
it seems like everyone replace both the motor and the regulator to fix this issue..
I was wondering, if anyone knows that this is specifically the regulator or the motor? i wouldnt really want to replace the motor if the motor isn't broken, or the relay if its ok... as they do cost a fair bit from nissan here in australia and it's almost impossible to get one...

the driver's side sometimes won't work at all, sometimes it will work but with hesitation, sometimes it will go up then drops down a bit then go up again....
the passenger side goes up and then drops down if i use the auto close...
Thanks guys

and no its not covered by warranty, all v35 skylines are grey imports in australia... nissan australia never brought them in

Old 06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by gtowner

the driver's side sometimes won't work at all, sometimes it will work but with hesitation, sometimes it will go up then drops down a bit then go up again....
the passenger side goes up and then drops down if i use the auto close...
Thanks guys

and no its not covered by warranty, all v35 skylines are grey imports in australia... nissan australia never brought them in
Trying to revive this post..I have a similar problem in my 04 cpe. Sometimes with the car in motion the window will roll up, then drop a few inches, in the 'Auto' mode. Driver's Side window only. But if I hold the switch up, it will go all the way up and stay there.
I have no problem when the car is not moving, and the window responds fine to the door opening and closing like it should.
At first I thought maybe it is the switch itself, but it would do the same when not moving if that was the case.
So I think there is 'loading' going on from the wind when traveling at speed, and it is sensed as something obstructing the movement of the window.
If that's the case, either the motor is weak, or there is some added friction is the track.
Guess I will attack the track first with some silicone lube and see if that does it. Open to other suggestions or experiences with the same.