TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Crack in dash pad warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crack in dash pad warranty?

I just noticed what it looks like a crack in the leather on the upper dash pad. its not noticeable but does anyone know if this would be covered under warranty... just seems like a pain in the *** b/ the vin tag would have to be removed and re riveted if im not mistaken

Old 08-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow, I'd never heard of that happening before. Try calling your dealer to set up an appointment for checking out your dash, if you haven't used any weird chemicals or damaged the dash yourself, and are still within the 4yr 60,000 mile warranty period, they'll probably cover it for you... They may have to get authorization from the manufacturer though, as I don't think that is something that happens often.

Btw, what kind of car are we talking about. Because I've seen fx's with bubbling on the dash before...

Old 08-09-2008, 01:37 AM
its a 05 coupe ... im talking its so small its hairline just in the leather maybe 1/2 inch long... just curious if it would be worth it. I dont use anything on the dash IT almost looks like a slit. i imagine it could be glued together and you would never know. I can barely see it now because of the texture

Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
anyone else the crack has spread its about 3 inches... I went to the dealer there sending pics to their rep. The service manager is trying to say my double din install caused it when its been in their for over a yr. MY dealership has gone to **** since they replaced all the mgmt. im pissed b/ it wasnt in the dash before i took the car in for the air bag in the seat replacement

Old 08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Hmmm...

Well right now you're at the mercy of the manufacturer, they will probably be giving your dealership an answer soon about coverage on that part.

Don't get too mad about the double din thing though. I mean if you think about it, it's just like when you said this happened after doing an airbag replacement for the seat... In their eyes the double din is in the dash, rather than a seat repair which has nothing to do with the dash.
( Of course if a cut was made in the dash during the airbag repair that's another story, but what would cut the dash when they're working on the seat ) Anyway, it looks like the manufacturer will have the last say on this. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to set blame on anyone here, but just trying to show from their side, they're probably thinking the same thing about you.

I really hope they manage to get coverage from the manufacturer on your repairs, It'd make it easier for all parties. If not a possible trip to an auto upholsterer may be in order.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
i have put a few dashes in fx's for bubbling up but i have not seen a g crack or bubble yet

Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
i've seen 1 g35 dash crack. Very rare though, mostly bubbling from fx's

Old 09-18-2008, 11:51 AM
ya well infiniti is a lost cause and refused to fix it. Im really pissed off. I tried to have it fixed now and it hmm looks ****ty still... I doubt I will ever buy another infiniti just cuz of all the problems w these cars.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear about that... Is there any way that the dealer can perhaps get you goodwill assistance for the repair? maybe a 50/50 split on parts and labor with you? or even cover the labor and you pay for the part? I know it's a longshot, but who knows.

Btw, if you told them about never buying another infiniti, disregard the above.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:18 PM
the dealer didnt want to do anything. consumer affairs was no help... they wont even let me talk to a dm or rm. Just theres a lot of problems w the cars, engines for one, window regulators, seat airbags, compression rods lol... and its like everyone has these problems haha