TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2005 Squeak and Rattle TSB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my mom's '05 G35, there is a really bad dash rattle that seems to be coming from the aluminum strip running horizontally across the dashboard. The right hand (much longer) section of the dash strip is misaligned where it ends towards the gauge cluster and rattles unless I take my finger and push it in and hold it there tightly. Anyone else with this problem?

Old 09-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I am getting a rattle from the driver's side A pillar. Anybody else has this?

Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
My (most annoying) rattle is near B pillar...top left of door sill (while sitting in drivers seat) where the window disappears.
I just followed the TSB and went nuts with felt and 2-sided tape (from Home Depot). The rattle is still there. I have had the door panel off so many times now that I can do it blindfolded & still can't get rid of this ticking rattle every time I hit a bump.
I'm really starting to miss my prior (german) ride.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Davemac,

Your windows noise (clicking sound) is exactly the same as what I am having.
It occurs only when the windows are all the way up. Unfortunately Infiniti only has a TSB that fixes the rear windows making that noise.

After my dash creak is fixed, this one is #1 on the list.

Seems like there are 3 main noises from my G35. Other than those, this car seems pretty solid. I'm not being sarcastic. It is solid other than a couple of annoying sounds. Some of my other cars seems looser all around.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=LD500]Davemac,

Your windows noise (clicking sound) is exactly the same as what I am having.
It occurs only when the windows are all the way up. QUOTE]

Actually, my noise is still there with the window down (only not as easy to hear). I'll be popping off the door panel again (for the sixth time) this weekend, ready to add more felt and weatherstripping.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lelg35
Finally, a TSB for some of our rattle woes. It only covers the clock area, the center console, and the dash air vents. I'm not sure about what others think, but I'm not completely satisfied with the air vent fix. I have that problem, and that lubricant sounds like a temporary fix to me.

2005 Squeak and Rattle TSB

Good luck!
So any brave sole went to dealer to take care of the above TSB yet? I definitely need to bring it in one day for the console rattle noise. It's starting to get on my nerve now. I do not believe I have the clock or vent issue but wondering if I should have them look at it anyway if I bring it in for the console rattle.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
So any brave sole went to dealer to take care of the above TSB yet? I definitely need to bring it in one day for the console rattle noise. It's starting to get on my nerve now. I do not believe I have the clock or vent issue but wondering if I should have them look at it anyway if I bring it in for the console rattle.
The gentleman who handled my service request wasn't familiar with the TSB. His technicians may or may not have been. Your mileage may vary. I gave them a list of about 7 issues that are occuring on the car. Off the top of my head:

1. Squeak from below clock in dash
Fixed! Yay!
2. Seek button sticks on radio
Lubed, still sticks. I was told that the parts are on backorder, and to have someone order parts for the next time I bring the car in?
3. Rear right quarter-window wind noise
Sound was minimized. From inspection, felt tape was used to insulate the window. I may just be hypersensitive
4. Front passenger window literally sags back down a fraction of an inch and ticks when brought to full-up position
The regulator was replaced because it had "too much play." Now it seems to have gone away, but I have a tick coming from the window with bass kicks to my music.
5. Tires were unbalanced. This was corrected.
6. Alignment was checked. and corrected.

The other things on my list, I didn't have the heart to complain about (I've written posts complaining about them somewhere). The service manager ran out of paper to write them on. I'll get them at the next oil change. Besides, I'm expecting a whole slew of new sounds when the weather cools off and different systems work in different environments at different modes.

~ Mike

Old 10-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by mhollinger
The gentleman who handled my service request wasn't familiar with the TSB. His technicians may or may not have been. Your mileage may vary. I gave them a list of about 7 issues that are occuring on the car. Off the top of my head:

1. Squeak from below clock in dash
Fixed! Yay!
2. Seek button sticks on radio
Lubed, still sticks. I was told that the parts are on backorder, and to have someone order parts for the next time I bring the car in?
3. Rear right quarter-window wind noise
Sound was minimized. From inspection, felt tape was used to insulate the window. I may just be hypersensitive
4. Front passenger window literally sags back down a fraction of an inch and ticks when brought to full-up position
The regulator was replaced because it had "too much play." Now it seems to have gone away, but I have a tick coming from the window with bass kicks to my music.
5. Tires were unbalanced. This was corrected.
6. Alignment was checked. and corrected.

The other things on my list, I didn't have the heart to complain about (I've written posts complaining about them somewhere). The service manager ran out of paper to write them on. I'll get them at the next oil change. Besides, I'm expecting a whole slew of new sounds when the weather cools off and different systems work in different environments at different modes.

~ Mike
Wow...that's alot of things on your list. So far here's my list:

1) Gas overfilled and ticking off before full - fixed from TSB
2) Rear doors tick/click noise when windows up - fixed from TSB
3) Console rattle - was not fixed...it was brought in prior to the issue of the new TSB
4) Rear view mirror shaking at highway speed - dealer did something but has not been fixed
5) Infiniti emblem on the trunk was peeling off - replaced with new emblem

Old 10-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by mk3gtr
I am getting a rattle from the driver's side A pillar. Anybody else has this?
I have the same rattle. I had my G into the dealer for 2 seperate fixes. They still couldn't get it right. I'm figuring on a finding a different delaer. Turns out the rattle in the A pillar is coming from the inside plastic side mirror cover. Why coudln't Infiniti find that?! I also had a rattle in the passenger door when the stereo played. Dealer said they only investigate if sound level is at 14 or below. Idiots found a broken speaker mount. Guess I played that song a little loud. Of course while Infiniti of Mission Viejo fixed the mount, they left something in the door loose, so...you guessed it...another rattle turned up! What a mess! i thought an Inifiniti wouldn't give me this much trouble!

Old 10-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just took my car to get squeak issues taken care of, now the sqeak is back and it seems worse! UGH!

Old 10-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by SDG35619
I just took my car to get squeak issues taken care of, now the sqeak is back and it seems worse! UGH!
Which squeaks?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Old 10-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by davemac
My (most annoying) rattle is near B pillar...top left of door sill (while sitting in drivers seat) where the window disappears.
I just followed the TSB and went nuts with felt and 2-sided tape (from Home Depot). The rattle is still there. I have had the door panel off so many times now that I can do it blindfolded & still can't get rid of this ticking rattle every time I hit a bump.
I'm really starting to miss my prior (german) ride.
I have had a rattle in the same area on my 05 G35 Sedan and it was there almost from day one. I have not had a chance to take it in or take it apart myself yet. But it sounds like you went the extra mile and have found no relief.

I also hear a rattle when I turn the stereo up to about 14 so I can't even drow the other rattle out with the stereo.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:17 AM
RE: driver window ticking.

Shop forman at my dealer advised that the rear door window TSB also resolved this issue in the front.

Just an FYI.

He fixed my console two months before the TSB as he knew it was coming out.

Also performed an unknown TSB (no # on work order) to fix my suspension squeak.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the air vent (driver side) replaced and the rattle hasn't come back. I'm guessing after a while it will. Rear squeaking from passenger rear window/door was fixed by lubing up the rubber seals aroudn the window/door. center console squeaking i should have them take care of. but at least they got rid of my rear axles clicking when i launched. so far i'm a happy camper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Squeak and Rattle TSB