best tuner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best tuner

hey i want to order a tuner for my 2004 g35 coupe. i dont want to send my ecu out i just want a plug and play one with differen maps. which one would u recomend? i was looking at unichip and a tuner made by uprev. let me know thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:01 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
+1 Utec

Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
_jb
Photographer

I recommend getting Osiris from UpRev. You can flash your ECU using their program and a notebook computer. You don't have to remove your ECU or install anything.

It loads five (5) maps of your choice into unused memory areas on the ECU and you switch maps with the Cruise Control buttons. It works well.

http://uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

There's the link...

Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
+1 for Osiris

Old 04-22-2008, 04:03 AM
with osiris dont you loose your stock settings? i mean I herd that alot of people like to keep the stock settings for later use and say buy a utec were it uses its own pogram without reflashing the oem ecu?? im trying to learn this any1 can clear this up for me???

Old 04-22-2008, 04:03 AM
with osiris dont you loose your stock settings? i mean I herd that alot of people like to keep the stock settings for later use and say buy a utec were it uses its own pogram without reflashing the oem ecu?? im trying to learn this any1 can clear this up for me???

Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Littering and...
Haltech

Old 04-22-2008, 07:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nutt
You could lose your stock settings if you chose to do so I guess. I have my osiris done where whenever I start my car, it starts on the stock setting. I have to use the cruise control buttons to change to my tuned map.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wait for the Cobb Access Port...

Old 04-22-2008, 11:38 AM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by nutt
Osiris provides five (5) maps. Most people keep the stock map as one of the five maps. That way you can run the stock map whenever you want. You do lose the 100% pure settings that came on your ECU. The difference is that you now have Osiris and the extra maps in ROM (EEPROM actually). I believe UpRev can return an ECU to its 100% pure state, but you have to mail it off to them.

I don't know many people that have a UTEC and Osiris on normally aspirated cars. The UTEC has some issues controlling NA cars. There are reasons to use a standalone EMS with Osiris, but that gets expensive and doesn't benefit all cars.

Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
You could lose your stock settings if you chose to do so I guess. I have my osiris done where whenever I start my car, it starts on the stock setting. I have to use the cruise control buttons to change to my tuned map.
You miss out on some performance if you always load the stock map every time you start your car.

Osiris (and any flash really) sets the "Targets" in the ECU. The advantage is that the ECU learns towards the settings you want, rather than the settings Infiniti programmed in. The Infiniti OEM settings are designed to keep the engine parameters set to control emissions. An Osiris tune sets the ECU parameters to give good performance.

You should select the map designed to give you the best performance and leave it there. That way your ECU will learn towards your performance settings and your car will run better.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
...we dont need roads...

go with the Utec...

Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U-Tec or HKS V-Pro

Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by _jb
Osiris (and any flash really) sets the "Targets" in the ECU. The advantage is that the ECU learns towards the settings you want, rather than the settings Infiniti programmed in. The Infiniti OEM settings are designed to keep the engine parameters set to control emissions. An Osiris tune sets the ECU parameters to give good performance.

You should select the map designed to give you the best performance and leave it there. That way your ECU will learn towards your performance settings and your car will run better.
I had always believed this to be true as well... however, Shawn Church told be there really isn’t any "learn towards" - once you set the specific map those parameters are happening right then... I was concerned about running race gas at the track with the race gas map and not driving the car prior to runs in that map... the way I understood Shawn’s explanation is that it will immediately use the race map settings.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, the ECU takes longer to learn different octane settings than it does target A/F, cam timing changes, etc.

But I really wouldn't know since I only have 1 osiris map

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best tuner