UTEC or Cobb AccessPort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by domeatsbabies
thanks, i live nowhere near any of those places.
That's the best part of Osiris! You take your car to a dyno and read A/F ratio's, run a datalog, send the info to Uprev and they will tune via email! It's the best thing since .....ok, well, maybe not but you get my point.

Old 09-08-2008 | 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by domeatsbabies
im confused as to how osiris works. do you tune it yourself from your laptop and the cipher program? or do u have to take it to someone professional to have it done?
The Osiris is a reflash program... it can be dyno tuned by an authorized dealer, or they can send you the new tune and you load it in yourself. But you will not be doing any tuning yourself. The Cipher is their datalogging program that comes with or without the Osiris.

Old 09-08-2008 | 05:21 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Actually the Cipher is an OBDII diagnostics program that can be used to datalog information for custom reflash purposes. Great tool

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
More info please???

Would this negate the need for a wideband sensor for us pre-'04.5 owners?

And domeatsbabies, if you don't live near UpRev or a certified Osiris tuner, you can send them your AFR data and other info you log using the Cipher software, then they will do their best to do an "e-tune". They'll then send you another map that will hopefully optimize your performance for your specific vehicle.

As it stands now you get three free e-tunes, then subsequent tunes (if you changed mods or something) are $50

No we're just hoping that we can find a wideband company out there willing to let us hook into their software so one program can log everything. Cipher is capable we just need them to allow us to do it.

So you'd still need a wideband, just would create a single log instead of having to do two logging programs.

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
Piggyback over reflash??? Wow...
HEY GUYS IT'S 1997 AND I LOVE MY PIGGYBACK Also Crystal Waters is the best musician ever.
DOMO

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:56 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
I forget, does the datalogging wideband need to log rpm also? Is that the way Uprev can tie your Cipher data to the WB data?

Old 09-08-2008 | 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I forget, does the datalogging wideband need to log rpm also? Is that the way Uprev can tie your Cipher data to the WB data?
Correct, for right now we have to do that to match the two logs. Another reason we want to have the ability to log outside data.

Old 09-08-2008 | 07:21 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Another question is this. "Does Uprev necessarily need their own Cipher logs to create a custom flash?". Ie.. I came across some OBDII datalogging that uses the OBDII port to grab the ecu data and incorporates a WB sensor that you add. So essentially the log would included everything and the WB with it. Or whatever sensors you want logged w/ the WB datalog included. The Greddy Infometer "might" be able to do this

Old 09-08-2008 | 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Another question is this. "Does Uprev necessarily need their own Cipher logs to create a custom flash?". Ie.. I came across some OBDII datalogging that uses the OBDII port to grab the ecu data and incorporates a WB sensor that you add. So essentially the log would included everything and the WB with it. Or whatever sensors you want logged w/ the WB datalog included. The Greddy Infometer "might" be able to do this

From what I've seen of the Infometer it's kind of lacking the speed that Cipher runs at. It might be acceptable to use, but anyone who was trying to get an eTune and would already have a Cipher cable to use, so why use it?

Old 09-11-2008 | 10:36 AM
instead of having a laptop or car-pc in my car, could I use an up to date palm of some sort with osiris?

Old 09-11-2008 | 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
instead of having a laptop or car-pc in my car, could I use an up to date palm of some sort with osiris?
Nope our products are only compatible with Windows 98se through Vista. You can pick up a used Windows98 laptop fairly cheap if you need something to run it.

Old 09-11-2008 | 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by twin001
That's the best part of Osiris! You take your car to a dyno and read A/F ratio's, run a datalog, send the info to Uprev and they will tune via email! It's the best thing since .....ok, well, maybe not but you get my point.
Do you have to take your car to a dyno or can the Osiris store the info without going to a dyno to have the email tune done?

Old 09-11-2008 | 01:13 PM
if i was to venture into something like this I was just hoping for something smaller than a laptop, i.e. a Palm of some sort that way if I chose to use it while in the car fairly frequently it would be in a small package as opposed to a annoyingly sized laptop...i think that is some of the attraction to the Cobb unit, its at least appealing to look at if you choose to leave it out and running.

if im correct in assuming, the cipher is just a cable and a program you run on your PC for datalogging purposes. if you wanted to datalog live while running on a course you'd have to hardmount/secure the laptop somewhere that prevents it from moving around and becoming a hazard.

Granted, that could be as simple as velcro on the passenger side floor matt and the bottom of the PC, but something as small as a handheld in todays small gadgetry world is always a nice option as well.

So maybe my question is, can cipher run on a palm or is this something you would consider for the future?

Old 09-11-2008 | 01:48 PM
Couple questions.
1. I know Utech can tune for nitrous. But can Cobb or UpRev?
2. Can you unflash UpRev as easily as Cobb, incase I need warrenty work?
3. Can Cobb or UpRev be resold? I know on Cobb you have to enter your VIN when you start it up. So can it only be used for that one VIN?
4. I have a Treo 750 that is windows based, can I run UpRev on it?
5. If we buy the current UpRev, can we get an update to the v2.0 when it is released? How much?
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY!! Does any of the 3 sponsor Driver? Discounts?

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 09-11-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2008 | 01:58 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Couple questions.
1. I know Utech can tune for nitrous. But can Cobb or UpRev?
2. Can you unflash UpRev as easily as Cobb, incase I need warrenty work?
3. Can Cobb or UpRev be resold? I know on Cobb you have to enter your VIN when you start it up. So can it only be used for that one VIN?
4. I have a Treo 750 that is windows based, can I run UpRev on it?
5. If we buy the current UpRev, can we get an update to the v2.0 when it is released? How much?
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY!! Does any of the 3 sponsor Driver? Discounts?
1) UpRev can
2) You can reflash to the stock program but in reality, the dealer won't be able to detect a flash
3) UpRev can
5. Able? yes Cost? dunno
6. Uprev is a sponser on the Z forum. Might be here also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UTEC or Cobb AccessPort