UTEC or Cobb AccessPort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 11:06 AM
|
UTEC or Cobb AccessPort

I am currently debating between these two systems.
For the Access port it seems that they have a lot more features and yuo have a handheld where you can control everything and get readouts of codes and pick what map or settings you want. Plus it states a 7% increase in power with a stage 2 mapping.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3687

For the UTEC I dont see them listing anything. The UTEC is also more expensive. is there a % that it increases?
http://www.turboxs.com/more_info.php?ID=217

I plan on just doing the basic bolt ons...i dont forsee and forced induction right now..but who knows.

What will give me the most gain for my money and also for updates?

Last edited by DrewQ1; 05-29-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2008 | 11:24 AM
I'd add UpRev Osiris to your list:
http://www.uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:27 PM
Littering and...
Osiris for NA and FI.

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:11 PM
|
Originally Posted by App6MT
Osiris for NA and FI.
and your reason?

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:18 PM
go with cobb...im using that ems for my custom single garrett gt35r turbo kit...my tuner suggested me to get that....get COBB

Old 05-29-2008 | 02:14 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
How are you dealing with the stock MAF sensor?

IMO, the UTEC is a better choice for boost applications and the Cobb is great for N/A.

Old 08-14-2008 | 10:23 PM
I have been thinking about getting an MREV2 w/ 5/16 spacer and don't plan on doing more than that.. I am also interested in one of these accessport/utec gizmos.

What are my best options?

1 just MREV2/plenum spacer
2 just the accessport
3 MREV2/plenum spacer plus an ECU gizmo?

If I can do #3 what HP/TQ gains total should I expect from that?

Any other N/A performance recommendations?

Old 08-14-2008 | 11:41 PM
My preferences:

NA = Osiris Period
FI = HKS Fcon Vpro or go home
No money? then fiiiine maybe a Utec? Fcon IS? Or one of those Technosquare ECU flashes haha

COBB Tuning IS A HEEEEEEEEEEEEL NO!!! Chris I know you're tuner recommends it, I repsect him and your decision but keep in mind, your the only one so far I know of doing cobb tuning on FI, let me know how its going though bro.

MY OPINION OK!!!

Old 08-15-2008 | 12:03 AM
I say give the Cobb AP a shot. It has many features and is very easy to use. I know about 5 friends that have it on their cars and love it. Check out Cobb's website and read about the features. It's a big hit with Subaru cars. I wish we gained as easily and cheap as those cars. Only if the G35 came Turbo'd.

I would assume Infiniti will provide a turbocharger in their cars in the near future. Hence the GTR.

The Cobb Accessport saves your Factory ECU settings. You can go from stage 2 to stock within minutes. No need to pay for a re-tune, de-tune, etc.

Search the forums for good performance mods.

The AccessPORT is the most user friendly reprogramming device for your vehicle's computer. The provided mapping will optimize the air/fuel ratio and ignition timing, remove the speed limiter, and more for performance results you can instantly feel!

However, the AccessPORT is so much MORE than just a REFLASH DEVICE. It allows you to monitor your Fuel Economy (average and real time), perform performance tests in order to estimate your 0-60mph and 1/4 mile time, read and decipher ECU trouble codes (CELs), and monitor live data via the OEM vehicle sensors which eliminates the need for costly aftermarket gauges. With the added ability to adjust timing and idle, the AccessPORT is truly more than just a programmer, it is the ultimate all-in-one solution for the 350Z enthusiast.

Last edited by OMG35S; 08-15-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2008 | 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by drive4fun
The Cobb Accessport saves your Factory ECU settings. You can go from stage 2 to stock within minutes. No need to pay for a re-tune, de-tune, etc.
That's why I like Osiris so much - you can switch to up to 5 maps, including a base map.

For NA I don't think it can be beat.

Old 08-15-2008 | 03:12 AM
Ok well thanks, but what about MREV2 + plenum spacer + Osiris/Accessport? Possible? Gains?

Oh and I am actually picking up my new GT-R tomorrow or Saturday...

Old 08-15-2008 | 03:06 PM
Cot damn't no!!!! No Cobb Tuning!!!!! We dont fvcking drive Subis, but yeah I guess it will work if you running intake exhaust status set up Stage 2 in minutes, yeah do that with FI you probably blow your motor in minutes Just get Osiris YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. FI please use a standalone system or a good piggyback and have it tuned by a respectable tuner that SPECIALIZES IN VQs and you be happy, theres nothing wrong with DOING THE RIGHT THING, then trying to do some other new shiet.

Old 08-15-2008 | 05:25 PM
Maybe you should go with either UTEC or UPREV (Osiris). Seems as though there is a lack of information for the Cobb Access Port. It hasn't been out long enough.

Do some research. UTEC and UPREV are the top picks on the forums. See if you have any good local tuners around you and see what they use.

Old 08-15-2008 | 05:52 PM
I have the Osiris. It's very similar to Cobb in the way it works for tuning, and it's been great to me. I almost regret picking up the Osiris since Cobb Accessport is coming out, but the fact that I can switch through maps with my cruise control buttons puts a smile back on my face... I don't think UTEC or other piggyback systems can be as thorough as a reflash like the Accessport or Osiris when it comes to functionality.

Old 08-15-2008 | 09:19 PM
Osiris comes with Cipher which logs engine data that UpRev can then read and return a custom tuned map file via email. Seems much more capable than Cobb, and has many very positive user posts. G/Z owners on the Cobb forum don't sound to impressed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UTEC or Cobb AccessPort