Final Numbers- UpRev Osiris Tuned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Final Numbers- UpRev Osiris Tuned

I got the car tuned 2 months and a half ago and was very pleased with the results.

All of my dyno's have been performed at Church Automotive on the same exact dyno machine. From stock baseline, to NA, to full bolt-on + tune. And yes, Church's dyno reads high in comparison to others. But its not the numbers itself I care about...its the gains.

First, here's my stock baseline dyno (notice how consistent dynapacks are ):

This second dyno compares my stock baseline against my car with an intake, exhaust, test pipes, and 5/16 MD spacer:

This following dyno compares my car with an intake, exhaust, test pipes, and 5/16 MD spacer against the same mods + the MREV2. But, notice how may car LOST power. The car was pinging pretty bad and it is evident where since the ECU pulled a bit of timing atleast in 3 areas under the curve (hence, the power loss). This particular dyno was conducted during a dyno day and a good amount of cars were experiencing the same issue. Winter gas blends?

Now, for the tuned results. Shawn at Church Automotive was offering a great offer for the Osiris tune during the dyno day. I couldn't pass the offer so I purchased it and the car was tuned a few days after the dyno day. The car still had the same gas that was used during the dyno day (dyno where I lost power due to knocking). Overall, I was pleased with the results. The gains throughout the powerband are great. And Shawn managed to play around with the exhaust timing (a revup feature) and, as you can see, my car doesn't really lose much power after peak power (another characteristic of revups). This graph compares the previous full bolt-on dyno (knocking issues) against my final tuned results:

And now, here's a graph comparing the stock baseline against my tuned, full bolt-on 6MT Coupe:

Much thanks to Shawn @ Church Automotive. I love the great torque gains for daily driving and love the fact that I gained power throughout the whole powerband. An UpRev Osiris tune is a must for anyone looking to squeeze out the most out of their NA project

-Henry

Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
congrats Henry... I cant wait til i can put some more power down...

Old 01-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Retired SuperMod
Oh, and as far as that last tuned dyno graph, it was the very last dyno during the tune. So the car itself was already very hot. I'm sure for "bragging rights" it could have done it bit more if it wasn't for the heat soak. But I honestly don't really care.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I see peak gains of over 30 ft/lbs. Nice

Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Great gains Henry!!!! Trq is awesome!

Congrats!!!

*damn I wish I had variable exhaust cam

Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good job, all the way around. THIS is how a car should be modded. You did it in sequential order, with same-dyno testing, and graph overlays to be able to compare total gains across the rpm range.

And what you got was consistent 20-25 WHP and T widely across the board... great results for NA. There is a little fall-off above 6K rpom that I would look into, but might just be the spacer/mrev tradeoff... but other than that, very usable gains of +10% from minimal bolt-ons and tune...

Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
congrats Henry... I cant wait til i can put some more power down...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
I see peak gains of over 30 ft/lbs. Nice
Yep, the torque is great for daily driving. I honestly hardly ever have to downshift to pass cars unless I have the need for speed

Originally Posted by OCG35
Great gains Henry!!!! Trq is awesome!

Congrats!!!

*damn I wish I had variable exhaust cam
It's a great feature on the revup. I might post up a few plots later on of how Shawn was able to tweak it and the results of that. Having as much as 274 hp @ 7100 RPM is great

Originally Posted by trebien
Good job, all the way around. THIS is how a car should be modded. You did it in sequential order, with same-dyno testing, and graph overlays to be able to compare total gains across the rpm range.

And what you got was consistent 20-25 WHP and T widely across the board... great results for NA. There is a little fall-off above 6K rpom that I would look into, but might just be the spacer/mrev tradeoff... but other than that, very usable gains of +10% from minimal bolt-ons and tune...
Thanks.

I don't see an issue with the power drop off. I've seen a great amount of VQ35DE dyno's, non revups and revups, and this seems to be normal (though the power drop off is a little more dramatic on the non revup).

My car was still making 274 hp at 7100 RPM. That is only a 12 hp drop off from peak power @ 6150 RPM

Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 AM
^^^ the torque is actually more impressive than the HP... thats just insane trq!

You should take me at the track with those numbers!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Retired SuperMod
^^^ the torque is actually more impressive than the HP... thats just insane trq!

You should take me at the track with those numbers!
I don't think I can take you at the track. Do you happen to have the dyno files of your runs? I would love to overlay mine with yours.

I'm sure your top-end is more impressive than mine (thanks to your more aggresive aftermarket cams). The average hp throughout the gears (in most cases ~5000-7000 RPM's) is what would matter most in a drag run, aside from the initial launch itself.

Thanks to the torque numbers, the car itself has a great powerband. I really need to drive a stock G35 to appreciate it even more

Old 01-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
wow.. thats pretty impressive.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
I don't think I can take you at the track. Do you happen to have the dyno files of your runs? I would love to overlay mine with yours.

I'm sure your top-end is more impressive than mine (thanks to your more aggresive aftermarket cams). The average hp throughout the gears (in most cases ~5000-7000 RPM's) is what would matter most in a drag run, aside from the initial launch itself.

Thanks to the torque numbers, the car itself has a great powerband. I really need to drive a stock G35 to appreciate it even more
my last dyno is posted out here somewhere - it’s in the cam/header thread I started.

Don’t under-estimate that torque... I'd take that torque over hp any day

Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very well put together, kudos! And my goodness the torque, very unsmooth. But who wants a smooth torque curve anyways, acceleration whip lash FTW!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Retired SuperMod
my last dyno is posted out here somewhere - it’s in the cam/header thread I started.

Don’t under-estimate that torque... I'd take that torque over hp any day
You should get all your dyno files from Shawn and use the dynapack viewer. It's awesome

As far as the torque, well, the more torque, the more hp (as seen on my dyno's). Torque really affects how the powerband will shape out to be. But during a drag race, you would be in the high RPM's for most of the time. I'm glad my gains where great all around the powerband.

I am definitely not underestimating it...im enjoying it

Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
Very well put together, kudos! And my goodness the torque, very unsmooth. But who wants a smooth torque curve anyways, acceleration whip lash FTW!
Thanks.

The torque is actually very smooth. It's just the way the dyno is plotted (I can change the axis on the dynapack viewer if I wished, but I leave it at autoplot). If I "zoom" away from graph, it would appear alot flatter.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
You should get all your dyno files from Shawn and use the dynapack viewer. It's awesome

As far as the torque, well, the more torque, the more hp (as seen on my dyno's). Torque really affects how the powerband will shape out to be. But during a drag race, you would be in the high RPM's for most of the time. I'm glad my gains where great all around the powerband.

I am definitely not underestimating it...im enjoying it
one of these days I'll get the dynapack viewer... I need to go see Shawn about something else anyway - too busy with aesthetics on the car these days... its funny, 'cause last time I got tiered of dealing with looks on the car and couldnt wait to get back to performace... after cams & headers I'm back to looks again (the performace part is more fun).

I've raced cars with higher peak hp (but much lower mean avg trq) and beat 'em. Your peak hp isnt what I'd be affraid of in a race with you - but your mean avg scurs me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final Numbers- UpRev Osiris Tuned