Installed Greddy Emanage Ultimate on G35C A/T Need Help Tuning for N/A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jberry
oh i see... hmmm where did you get your A/F option for the greddy ultimate? did you have to weld a new bung to your cats?? I already have one on there but its for the zeitronix.
I bought the Innovate LC-1. Originally, I connected the low-voltage side to the ecu to replace the stock sensor (S1B1). I then had to cross connect the heater signal from another sensor because I was getting a failed heater code. Last week I had to switch back to the stock sensor because the LC-1 controller failed (after 1 year + 1 month). So, rather than have to rewire all that stuff, I'm going to add yet another bung before my CAT for the replacement LC-1 when I get it back.

Your wideband may work with the E-Ultimate as long as the output is 0-5v. I would try it before I forked out for the LC-1. Just hook it up to the E-Ultimate option and set the software and see if you get a good signal.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sliderg35
I bought the Innovate LC-1. Originally, I connected the low-voltage side to the ecu to replace the stock sensor (S1B1). I then had to cross connect the heater signal from another sensor because I was getting a failed heater code. Last week I had to switch back to the stock sensor because the LC-1 controller failed (after 1 year + 1 month). So, rather than have to rewire all that stuff, I'm going to add yet another bung before my CAT for the replacement LC-1 when I get it back.

Your wideband may work with the E-Ultimate as long as the output is 0-5v. I would try it before I forked out for the LC-1. Just hook it up to the E-Ultimate option and set the software and see if you get a good signal.
Yes I believe the zeitronix does out 0-5v for the afr, I will look at the manual later on tonight. I do remember something like this awhile back where someone was able to hook up another AFT meter to the emanage ultimate.. the only option I have is the boost sensor thing from greddy... that has the yellow plug at the end.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:55 AM
This is according to zeitronix website:

Analog Wideband Output 0 - 5V

is this it??? I found this here:

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

how could I hook this up to the emanage ultimate?

Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 AM
emailed zeitronix this is what they said:

According to my quick search your G-Reddy ultimate should have a Wideband Air/Fuel input. The Zt-2 currently has two wideband analog outputs. Depending on the age of your ZT-2 you may not have the “Linear wideband output” which is a newer feature. Try and setup this feature through the software. If the software does not allow it then it may not be supported by your Zt-2. Even so you will be able to use the standard analog output the Zt-2 supplies. More information on the Zt-2’s wideband analog outputs can be found here: http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt...bandoutput.htm

You will need to setup in the G-Reddy what voltages correspond to what Air Fuel ratio.
so how do we make that one wire plug into the greddy option port??!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Even though the option port has two wires, you only need to hook one wire up for the A/F option (I think I used the white one.). There are two option ports - either one can be used for A/F; you just have to set the option in the software.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Even though the option port has two wires, you only need to hook one wire up for the A/F option (I think I used the white one.). There are two option ports - either one can be used for A/F; you just have to set the option in the software.
oh ok, but do I take the greddy boost sensor and cut the wire from there? and hook it up to the zeitronix?

Thanks for the help, gonna start tuning soon. My friend has been busy re tiling his house, so havnt even looked at it. Still running on that stock map greddy has inside, and wow I have been saving gas?!??! I actually get more miles??

Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The EU works great as long as you have a knowledgeable tuner.

This shows before and after the tune. This is a 2005 6mt sedan with Stillen exhaust, z tube and 1 stage colder plugs.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
The EU works great because you haven't had any problems with it yet period. It's a time game, I don't know any tuner that would recommend Greddy either, none. But hey atleast your NA, if you were FI then LOL.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 AM
oh ok, but do I take the greddy boost sensor and cut the wire from there? and hook it up to the zeitronix?
You should be able to keep both. I run the boost sensor and the A/F option at the same time - one on each option port.

I am FI...

Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my other car I have been running it for well over a year with great results. It all comes down to the tuner and his/her knowledge of how to use it. I have seen way to many tuners use it the wrong way.

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
The EU works great because you haven't had any problems with it yet period. It's a time game, I don't know any tuner that would recommend Greddy either, none. But hey atleast your NA, if you were FI then LOL.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
You should be able to keep both. I run the boost sensor and the A/F option at the same time - one on each option port.

I am FI...
I think im not asking properly, what I mean is that when I bought the greddy emanage ultimate, the seller gave me his Greddy Boost sensor with it.

I have the zeitronix and the wire coming out of it will do a 0-5v output, but how do I hook up that one wire to the Greddy option port? It looks like it needs a certain yellow harness like the boost sensor, so thats why I'm asking do I just cut the boost censor I have now and hook it up to the AF output wire the zeitronix has??

Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I respect ya'll opinions, but for the price you pay for the e-manage, why not get something that is similar to the price and works better? Enjoy your emanages tho

Old 03-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I have the zeitronix and the wire coming out of it will do a 0-5v output, but how do I hook up that one wire to the Greddy option port? It looks like it needs a certain yellow harness like the boost sensor, so thats why I'm asking do I just cut the boost censor I have now and hook it up to the AF output wire the zeitronix has??
Yes, you need the little yellow option plug. You can get them anywhere they sell Greddy stuff. (cost about 9$ - worth 25c). There are 2 option ports so use the one with the boost sensor in it and don't cut anything. Get another plug for the wideband. (I guess if you want to save $9 you could only use the wideband, but the boost sensor is worth another $100, so why waste it?)

Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
I respect ya'll opinions, but for the price you pay for the e-manage, why not get something that is similar to the price and works better? Enjoy your emanages tho
Is there anyone on here that actually had an E-Manage Ultimate and had problems with it or are the people commenting the ones that have never tried it in the first place? If the latter, how can you totally dismiss a product you are not completely familiar with?

I've been using the E-Ultimate for almost 2 years with my TT G and I am very familiar with how it works and what it is capable of. I have a good tune, excellent logs and I am very happy with the power I'm putting down. It is my DD so I don't race it and I spend very little time over 6k RPM (not enough room on the roads around here). There is little point going over 6k in 1st or 2nd because the wheels don't stop spinning until half way through 3rd.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes, you need the little yellow option plug. You can get them anywhere they sell Greddy stuff. (cost about 9$ - worth 25c). There are 2 option ports so use the one with the boost sensor in it and don't cut anything. Get another plug for the wideband. (I guess if you want to save $9 you could only use the wideband, but the boost sensor is worth another $100, so why waste it?)
yeah thats true.. but remember I'm only NA right now, so I am not even using the boost sensor at all, so I would be only using the wideband, I am so tempted to cut the harness plug from the boost sensor, if I cant find another plug, thanks for the help

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Greddy Emanage Ultimate on G35C A/T Need Help Tuning for N/A