Installed Greddy Emanage Ultimate on G35C A/T Need Help Tuning for N/A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Installed Greddy Emanage Ultimate on G35C A/T Need Help Tuning for N/A

Hello,

As the title says installed with my infiniti tech the Greddy Emanage Ultimate, upgraded it to version 2.20 from the Greddy website. We followed everything carefully wiring up everything except the NVCS relay and the Vehicle Speed sensor for some reason the installation manual shows two wires, but we see/reconize only one wire.

Also we noticed on the Greddy Emanage Ultimate Manual the N12 wiring diagram is wrong or a misprint, we had to follow the Service Manual on the injector signals.

Car wouldnt start, so we made a new map, just loaded up the default map for the VQ35DE and car started and ran normally.

What is the next step to tune this? Do a short run? adjust the A/F ratio?

We also werent too sure on the jumpers, we basically left majority of it alone. Couple were changed from default I believe.

I have installed awhile back the Zeitronix WideBand AFR meter with display.

My mods are:

Kinetix V+ Plenum
JWT PopCharger Intake w/ Z-Tube
UR Replica LightWeight Pulleys
FastIntentions Resonated TestPipes
FastIntentions Intimidator Full CatBack Exhaust

Just need help/advice on how to tune with these N/A mods, thanks!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:28 PM
If you dont know how to tune cars, I would not be trying to tune it.

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
we do have a friend that races weekly at the drag strip, he is very familiar with his Acura Integra and with his EMS, he looked at the Greddy ultimate and wasnt too familiar with it but he said should be the same concept as his Honda tuner. I live on Guam, small island in the Pacific, not that much tuners out here, there are some shops that can probably tune but mostly they love to tune 4 cylinder cars like integras and civics. I have to ask word of mouth who can tune G35s. Thats why I am asking for some advice here.

So going back to my question, I assume that I use my zeitronix to data log the AFR?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Holy moly, you're in for a ride, I do not suggest Greddy E-Manage for ANY g35, NA or FI. It's literally and legitimately proven the worst ems system for our cars period and in my opinion one of the worst ems systems on the market, it works, but its cheap and does not do the job 100% in my opinion with the experience from others that I seen and learned.

If I were you, I'd get rid of that and go back to stock if you could. I would get a Osiris Uprev ECU Flash, since you're NA that would be the best bet. If there's no UpRev tuner in your area you could send the ecu in, same goes for the Technosquare ECU Flash, but UpRev is better in my opinion. If you don't want to send your ECU in, you could get a COBB TUNING ACCESSPORT, that will give you extra hp, and if you want more hp out of it you could take it on a dyno, datalog it and email it to cobb, they'll tune it and send it back, you then load it back into your car and done! This might be the best bet.

www.uprev.com
www.cobbtuning.com

Note: I would never put a engine management on a NA G35, maybe on a honda, but not a g35, NA = ECU FLASH = FTW! my 2 cent

But back to topic on Your emanage, tuning the car doesn't mean taking quick runs down the streets, it takes alot time and experience. The tuner will have to sit on the dyno for hrs and tune it, then take it to the streets for street tuning (depending on tuner). Tuning a car is not something a mechanic can do nor even a master tech, it can only be done by a Certified Tuner, which is a whole different level. If you don't have a tuner in your area that can tune a VQ, don't tune it period cause YOU WILL run into issues if you have people that don't know what they're doing do it, if it's a tuners first time tuning a VQ then forget it. Hey it might work and might run ok, but it won't be 100% correct.

Again these are MY OPINIONS.

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 02-16-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
dont worry your opinions are taken seriously by me, I'm sure they are members out there that will argue and say that Greddy is pretty good and its the best.

I did update to the latest version 2.20 not sure if that solves any problems in the past.

I have been running on the stock map provided by Greddy Software for couple days, and the car does seem smoother, and when I start the car it starts up pretty quick. Usually at the first crank.

Like you said if I cant get anyone to tune it good, I'm better off sending my ECU in to uprev to get it tuned to my parts I have on my car.

Thanks alot for your opinions!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jberry
dont worry your opinions are taken seriously by me, I'm sure they are members out there that will argue and say that Greddy is pretty good and its the best.
You could not be more wrong with this statement. The Greddy e-manage is by far the worst EMS system available for our cars. No one who knows what they're doing sticks with that. Steer clear of the e-manage.

There has been a lot of blown motors from the emanage.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 PM
I have also heard from other G35 owners from other forums that they been using the emanage ultimate for awhile and nothing ever went wrong?

If I get more negative feedback about the Greddy Ultimate then I might consider taking it off, but over alll it seems OK so far. I will ask my friend to tune it and see.

Remember I am only N/A wont be using the ultimate for FI.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Since you are in Guam, and there are not many tuners. I would suggest two things.

A. If you are going to keep it, dont even bother trying to tune it yourself, you wont be able to pick up enough info on here to even come close to tuning it well. Taking it to those other shops that tune the 4 cyclinders would be better than doing it yourself.

B. If I were you, I would ditch that emange and get the Osiris from Uprev. No tuning yourself, and its a mail-in. You run data logs via a program they give you and you send it back and an experienced tuner adjusts the map so your car doesnt A. Lose Power or B. Become unsafe to drive (especially with the mods you have).

but if you are going to stick to it. good luck its going to be a long hard road.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, I guess people really don't search first... This thread was just a few lines from your post in this section.
https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...-ultimate.html
I use the E-Ultimate and have had great success with it. First of all, you should be starting with a completely blank map. If you are NA and are running stock (except for a few little goodies) the car should run normally with no adjustments. This EMS is a piggy back - it only changes the stock tuning where you tell it to. If your car ran OK before adding the E-Ultimate, it should run fine now. You can fine-tune with the E-Ultimate for any anomalies your mods are causing. You should try to get A/F into your E-Ultimate or tuning will be difficult. See the thread above and post questions there...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by sliderg35
Wow, I guess people really don't search first... This thread was just a few lines from your post in this section.
https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...-ultimate.html
I use the E-Ultimate and have had great success with it. First of all, you should be starting with a completely blank map. If you are NA and are running stock (except for a few little goodies) the car should run normally with no adjustments. This EMS is a piggy back - it only changes the stock tuning where you tell it to. If your car ran OK before adding the E-Ultimate, it should run fine now. You can fine-tune with the E-Ultimate for any anomalies your mods are causing. You should try to get A/F into your E-Ultimate or tuning will be difficult. See the thread above and post questions there...
Yes I do search and I did read that thread, I made a new one because I was experiencing some problems such as what jumpers do I set?? Do I keep all the jumpers on the greddy stock or default??

Also I am using version 2.20 any different from the one your using?

I just loaded up the default MAP the greddy software had? I hope that it is enough I have been driving fine now for 3 days..

Also my vehicle is before 2004 so I am assumming it doesnt have a wideband sensor? only a narrowband from what I have been reading? Do I have to tune from the zeitronix.

I do appreciate you trying to help me out, and for sure I'll have more questions once we start tuning

Originally Posted by GinFLA
Since you are in Guam, and there are not many tuners. I would suggest two things.

A. If you are going to keep it, dont even bother trying to tune it yourself, you wont be able to pick up enough info on here to even come close to tuning it well. Taking it to those other shops that tune the 4 cyclinders would be better than doing it yourself.

B. If I were you, I would ditch that emange and get the Osiris from Uprev. No tuning yourself, and its a mail-in. You run data logs via a program they give you and you send it back and an experienced tuner adjusts the map so your car doesnt A. Lose Power or B. Become unsafe to drive (especially with the mods you have).

but if you are going to stick to it. good luck its going to be a long hard road.
you made some very good points.. I do want to try to tune it myself with my friend, itll be a good learning experience.

The Osiris is very nice too, but I dont have $900 right now to get their complete system which I really want! hehe

Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 AM
I upgrade the firmware every time a new one is available from Greddy. Check the jumpers so they make sense according to the manual. (If the car runs, you must have the jumpers right.) I don't remember if I had to change any. My G is 2003, so it didn't come with wideband either; I added an LC-1 so I could tune myself. Without the wideband, it is impossible to verify that the map you create is accurate. I started with a zero map and worked up from there. I didn't know Greddy had a default map specifically for the G35. You need to connect a wideband sensor to the E-Ultimate to tune your car. Spend the $200 and save your engine - You will easily recover the money by not having to pay a tuner just once.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I only have the zeitronix wideband AFT meter with display. Could I still be able to use this as it has a data logging features also? and just input my numbers to the map?

if you go to "new" in the engine management software, then click on the car for parameters, and just select vq35de for the engine, and just upload it to the emanage ultimate, the car will start with that stock default map.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I would consider it pretty risky not to have A/F directly input into the E-Ultimate. The E-Ultimate even has a feature where you can select and fill a target A/F map and it will do the tune for you.

You could do it the way you suggest, but you will not have 10 msec resolution for your tuning.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by sliderg35
I would consider it pretty risky not to have A/F directly input into the E-Ultimate. The E-Ultimate even has a feature where you can select and fill a target A/F map and it will do the tune for you.

You could do it the way you suggest, but you will not have 10 msec resolution for your tuning.

oh i see... hmmm where did you get your A/F option for the greddy ultimate? did you have to weld a new bung to your cats?? I already have one on there but its for the zeitronix.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Ditch the Emanage......it's like 2+2=4 and someone is saying it's 5, no it's 4 and they're wrong! Period! Emanage is the worst period! Rated the worst, and proven the worst, with the capabilities of that crap it's like running windows 95 in this year of 2009 LOL. This is not anything personal toward it or not trying to start anything, just speaking my knowledge of it. Emanage = Ghetto

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Greddy Emanage Ultimate on G35C A/T Need Help Tuning for N/A