OSIRIS Final Numbers, HB SPEED,SOCAL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a DOGGY door sedan. Made in Oct,2002. What you guys suggest I go? I live in SoCal...

Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 AM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
yOUR BEST OPTION, AND ONLY DECENT OPTION IS technosqaure, THEY ARE LOCATED IN tORRANCE.

Originally Posted by Augy
I have a DOGGY door sedan. Made in Oct,2002. What you guys suggest I go? I live in SoCal...

Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
do you know if the tuner paid attention to trying to make power after 6500 ? I saw similar gains on my tune but i feel as if my intake screams really loud but the car really doesnt go as well as i would wish passed 6500... i normally shift around 6400 even after the tune because i just feel as if the power falls off more... i got to post my chart but i know my fall off is worse than yours.. my numbers are in my sig on a dynojet.. but with no headers

Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Augy
Wherever you go it's gonna have to be something other than Osiris.

their plug is not compatible with your car - and apparently they haven’t felt there is enough demand to make an alternative.

It’s too bad, because DaveO was ready to do an article about their product - but couldn’t even get it on his early model doggie door.

As for other tuning options - Technosquare is a great alternative.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by chuckd05
do you know if the tuner paid attention to trying to make power after 6500 ? I saw similar gains on my tune but i feel as if my intake screams really loud but the car really doesnt go as well as i would wish passed 6500... i normally shift around 6400 even after the tune because i just feel as if the power falls off more... i got to post my chart but i know my fall off is worse than yours.. my numbers are in my sig on a dynojet.. but with no headers
you will not make power past 6300 without cams... there are other ancillary benefits to bumping the rev limit - but dont expect power, it simply will not happen with stock internals.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
you will not make power past 6300 without cams... there are other ancillary benefits to bumping the rev limit - but dont expect power, it simply will not happen with stock internals.
Revup manifold will shift the powerband a bit, but I agree, Cams are the answer.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
you are correct, I did not have a sedan but i had a early early 03, the car itself was made in 02 and mine couldn't be tune either, but of course Sam@GTM still did a tune for it no problem, yank the whole damn ecu out and do it, what do they mean they cant do it Ain't hard. He used Uprev/gtm custom tune on my car before he did the tune with the vpro also.

Damnn Why not?? I know you can't plug it into the obdII but you could still go around that and tune it, suxs for that guy tho.
Early 03 Sedans come with the older style ECU. The Coupe does not have this issue. We've come to find out that the early 03 Coupes have the OBDII port wired wrong and can be rectified in minutes though, so the ECU doesn't even need to be removed, just pull a pin out of one hole in the OBDII port and put it in the right hole.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by 4drmadness
yOUR BEST OPTION, AND ONLY DECENT OPTION IS technosqaure, THEY ARE LOCATED IN tORRANCE.
Untrue. If it is an early 03 Sedan with the older ECU then technosquare does not work on it either. Flat out it is different architecture and cannot use the same flash technique.

We however have more capable software and 4 Pro Tuners in the greater LA area, so if it is a late 03 Sedan then he can bring it to any of our Pro Tuners, or he can order Osiris Standard from them/us also.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
The problem with the DE non rev-up motors is the pistons. You can change out parts and help it make power in higher revs, but you will significantly shorten the life of the motor. The shallow ring lands, high cylinder temps, and extremely high piston speeds in the DE motor do not lend it to high RPM use.

Rev-up motors come with better piston/rods and can handle more peak RPM, though I wouldn't stray too far above the stock redline even in them with the stock internals.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
For non-revups, I don't think there's really anything aside from internal engine work that would allow any significant improvement over peak power.

For revups, a tuner can play around with exhaust timing and squeeze a little more out of it, making the powerband a little more flatter than a stock revup. (Non revups already have a bigger power drop-off after peak power than revups do).

Sadly, an HR/VHR wipes us off the floor when it comes to power past 6300 RPMS (typical peak power for a DE).

Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
valve body upgrade is not worth it for NA cars - believe me, i have it, and i barely feel any difference. you need FI for it to be useful.
Which valvebody did you get? There are a number of different companies marketing them, but there are only a few actually doing the work. Some can be spec'd with firmer shifts and different actuation RPMs.

So depending on the valvebody and what specs you decide on, it can be a huge benefit over stock.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by UpRev
Untrue. If it is an early 03 Sedan with the older ECU then technosquare does not work on it either. Flat out it is different architecture and cannot use the same flash technique.

We however have more capable software and 4 Pro Tuners in the greater LA area, so if it is a late 03 Sedan then he can bring it to any of our Pro Tuners, or he can order Osiris Standard from them/us also.
Technosquare can tune early 03s... I know 2 that have Technosquare (one of them is a very, very early 03 purchased in 02 - a version 1 car) - he currently has TS and tried to get Orisis, but cable doesn’t work... I am referencing DaveO - the publisher of Nissan Sport that was going to do an article about Osiris, but wasn’t able to test the software and tune on his car.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
The problem with the DE non rev-up motors is the pistons. You can change out parts and help it make power in higher revs, but you will significantly shorten the life of the motor. The shallow ring lands, high cylinder temps, and extremely high piston speeds in the DE motor do not lend it to high RPM use.

Rev-up motors come with better piston/rods and can handle more peak RPM, though I wouldn't stray too far above the stock redline even in them with the stock internals.
I have a DE with stock pistons and after market cams... make power beyond the typical 6300 drop off...

The DE rod bolts are the weakest link... using rev-up rod bolts, rev-up oil pump and after market valve springs I have been running 7500 rev limit.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I have a DE with stock pistons and after market cams... make power beyond the typical 6300 drop off...

The DE rod bolts are the weakest link... using rev-up rod bolts, rev-up oil pump and after market valve springs I have been running 7500 rev limit.
Extended use at high RPM we always see the pistons fail. 4 motors in customers cars in the last year. Always against our suggestion of leaving the stock RPM limit in place on that motor.

I'm sure people have had rod bolts fail or valve springs etc. But if you leave the stock emissions pistons in the motor and expect the motor to last with high RPM use (not just daily driving) the pistons will come apart. Add forced induction and make things even worse.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Extended use at high RPM we always see the pistons fail. 4 motors in customers cars in the last year. Always against our suggestion of leaving the stock RPM limit in place on that motor.

I'm sure people have had rod bolts fail or valve springs etc. But if you leave the stock emissions pistons in the motor and expect the motor to last with high RPM use (not just daily driving) the pistons will come apart. Add forced induction and make things even worse.
as noted in other parts of this thread, 7500 is for drag racing (for me)... so hitting that rmp is infrequent... no one in their right mind would run 7500 rmp for extended periods for any reason.

FI with stock internals at high boost is always a bad idea and not really what we are talking about here. I suspect the failure you reference is from FI applications and there is probably more to it than high rpm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OSIRIS Final Numbers, HB SPEED,SOCAL