Bullydog tripledog programmer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
...For a 42 year old you sure seem insecure and immature. Your grammar and spelling are atrocious, and I would expect someone your age to be able to let this kind of thing go instead of fighting for your right to be right. Grow the F up.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
what?!? he don't want talk anymore? i want to hear more about his 0-60 in 4 seconds.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
^^ was that time with or without the christmas tree?

Originally Posted by Louisiana G35
No I meant just what I said...2 full seconds. You can drop a second or 2 off reaction time by itself. You snooze, you loose. 2 seconds is nothing 0-60. The time starts when my car starts moving. If I use the christmas tree it would go by my reaction time. Some people have a quicker reaction time than others and that can be the difference between winning and loosing a race. If my friends reaction time was slower than mine by a second and I pulled on him from the added hp/trq then it would be nothing to gain 2 seconds on him at 60mph. And because of the trans tune the car shifts hard through each gear while his begins to slug in 3rd or 4th then it shouldn't be hard for you guys to understand why I beat him the way I did. They should not be skeptical just because it's not what they use. Im not questioning the gains or performance of the access port or Osiris. The only difference in the programmer and those is that the software has already been optimized and installed in the programmer. I also have the ability to download software or new packages that may have been added after I bought the programmer. The only advantage of the others is that you have the ability to have custom programs made depending on the aftermarket goodies you chose to install. Either way they all serve the same purpose. I just chose to purchase a programmer that already has 2 performance packages already installed and optimized for my vehicle application, that's all guys. The gains that was posted by a member from the Osiris was 11.8hp and 18pnft. so why would it be so impossible for me to recieve the same gains or better with my programmer? Like I said, it was 24 degrees when I did my runs. For you to simulate that temp on a dyno you would have to put the car in an freezer or airconditioned building because a fan is not going to do it. Im 42 years old and have had quit a few performance cars and truck so I know when a vehicle performs better due to added performance. The numbers are right in my face and the race between me and my friend was real. Everyone that has the Osiris and access port has not dynoed there vehicles to varify their gains. They mostly go by what other guys have told them they recieved on the dyno from their cars. So why do I have to continue to be questioned about the gains I may have recieved from my tune? It sounds kind of one sided to me. I would never question or make negative comments about something I have never used or tried so I would ask the same respect of all of you.....

Old 02-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay guys first off I would like to opologize to any of my fellow members for the conversations on this subject the past few days. Specially you bluedevils95. It was totally out of character for me to say that about your mom and im truely sorry. The conversations on this subject got a little out of hand but I shouldn't have responded that way. Im not going to get into it but if you will check one of the earlier post i agreed with a member that it was .2 seconds instead of 2 full second okay? So im going to just wait until my car is dynoed and I will post the result guys. Once again Im truely sorry for the way I acted the other day. Im not use to the trolling scene so I took things a little serious, that will not happen again cause all of you seem to be pretty cool. I did an update on my programmer the other day though. I was using the 05-07.5 tune and the update was for 07.5-2011 G35s. The upgrade allowed me to continue to adjust the speed limiter to 180 mph but it allowed me to adjust the rev limiter from 7100 rpm to 7250 rpms. I have switched from the premium tune to the 87 octane tune. Gas here is expensive. $309.9 for regular. $314.9 for plus, and $339.9 for premium which would cost me about $70 bucks to fill up. My gas milege is still pretty good on the 87 tune though, Im avereging around 28 mpg highway with the tune. Im switching between intakes though? The stock system with a K&N drop in filter seems to work the best. The stock system keeps the temperatures down. At 24 degrees the temeratures are around 38-40 degrees while moving and around 70-80 degrees while sitting still. The JWT pop charger and aluminum z tube gets alot hotter. At the same outside temperature the pop charger brings in cooler air while moving, but climbed up as high as 145-150 degrees sitting still. I think im going to order the stillen z tube for $59.00 bucks, the plastic tubes seem to obsorb and control the heat better than the metal. Hope this helps and any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:51 PM
When I did it TannerG it was set for when I started moving, but like I just said the time wasn't 2 full seconds it was .2 seconds. When I went back and looked at the test I saw the error I had made. Every run is saved in the memory card used in the programmer. But even if the programmer doesn't provide enormous gains the better fuel economy is a bonus and pays for itself. I don't use the manual shift option with the tune cause it pulls to hard and I don't won't to cause damage to my tranny. Everytime I shift gears it shifts hard and it scares me. I just use it in automatic, it shifts alot smoother but it's pretty firm and tight. Hope this helps?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
*apologize....But good info.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry and thanks.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
intake best is stock + ztube + maybe k&n. popcharger is sweet though so many people, including myself, still run it

Old 02-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah I like it to, just want to find the right combo. I think I will be happy once I get the stillen z tube? I will get added flow and the nice sound from the system. Do you no anyone that has one for sale and would like a aluminum black powder coated one?

Old 02-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Yeah I like it to, just want to find the right combo. I think I will be happy once I get the stillen z tube? I will get added flow and the nice sound from the system. Do you no anyone that has one for sale and would like a aluminum black powder coated one?
I would personally go with a used z tube over a stillen tube. You can probably get it for cheaper and stillens won't be any better.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Cool, im going to search the for sale forum to see if anyone has one. They are $59.00 on most of the sites but with shipping it jumps up to $65.00 or $70.00 bucks. Thanks

Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
IMO you cant go wrong with the Z-tube and OEM filter.
I am running the Stillen Z-tube because it wasnt much more and I couldnt find a used Z-tube at the time. I have a K&N filter, but ive seen dyno and flow charts negating their benifit over OEM. I believe either way you go, you will see similar results, K&N is just reusable.
Check my350z for a Z-tube.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Okay thanks guys cause I checked the for sale forum and left 1 private messege but there wasn't much. I think the z tubes look better also, the stillen tube just looks like the middle peace that will be used with the original copplers. I will jump to the 350Z forums and see if i can find one. We also have YOU PULL IT AUTO SALVAGE YARDS, they have hundreds of early and late model cars that have been wrecked. You just go and remove the part you want and pay a very small fee. I have a membership with them. Thanks guys...........

Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Here is the website of the shop I will be taking my car to for the dyno, well I hope they will do it because it seems they only do early and late model american cars but Im going to contact them tomorrow.. www.thunderracing.com.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey have you guys seen this from www.conceptperformance.com. It's the back of the stock revup box that has been up graded by adding a larger venturi ring and opening. There should be an increase in flow with it and you would still be using the stock box which many say is the best for our cars. The code/part# G35-16526-AC700. I no this is not the intake forum but I would like to get a little feedback on this from you guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bullydog tripledog programmer