Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Cant wait! What branch?

Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Swiftyk6
Sorry been busy with work just got out of the military after 8 years my dyno got pushed back today at 2 pm 5-2-12 so ill deff have the numbers and what kind of dyno it was sorry for the wait
thanks for your service man! hope you can get some decent numbers out of her today

Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the appreciation. I was in the army lots of really narly times followed by some really shitty ones but dont regret it at all

Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Thats good. My bro did ary and i was in the navy for 9 yrs.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Sorry been busy with work just got out of the military after 8 years my dyno got pushed back today at 2 pm 5-2-12 so ill deff have the numbers and what kind of dyno it was sorry for the wait
Remember to get baseline and final tune overlayed on one sheet

Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
For sure. im actually taking it to 2 different dynos today...msd ignition is based out of el paso so after the tune im taking it to them to see if we can get a little more and compare 2 different dynos...msd ignition is actually msd performance now .there doing a new ignition and fuel system and i got lucky to be the test mule for them so we'll see how it goes

Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Burning more gas with lean condition?

Originally Posted by Algy
I hit around 258whp and 236tq with my mods without a tune...

at that time i only had z-tube k&n filter, 5/16TH MD ISO spacer, Berk HFC, M2 HR-3'' y-pipe, and a Nismo CBE.

after the tune i hit 265hp and 238tq =\ wasnt really much.

and the car actually eats more gas since i was running lean.

I have since changed my setup and have a jwt intake with a stillen shield and art pipes. I would like to get a retune after i change out the exhaust.

Hope this helps and keep us posted on your numbers!
I think I'm running lean because my gas mileage is really low. Setup: jwt pop + stillen air box + z-tube + MD 5/16 spacer + berk HFC + magnaflow 11386 + hks replica dual exhaust.

I keep my rpm's under 3k and there's no knock as far as i can tell. Can you explain how lean condition causes you to burn more gas? If the engine gets more air from all the breather mods it seem that gas mileage would go up.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:39 AM
alright guys so some bad news followed by some great news... so with this tuner shop here in el paso i bought the osiris tuner not standard...the owner calls me tells me we had a problem with osiris sending them the standard instead of the tuner version so my car didnt get tuned today but i also bought the d2 racing coils when i bought the tuner. my wife and i have some major plans that we were suspose to take the car because of are anniversary. so i flipped the **** out on the owner while he had other customers in the office. he asked me what he could do to fix this situation because this trip cost me a grip and basically just cost me the trip cause my car was running like **** because of running to rich. the owner upgraded my coils to kw varriant 3 over nighted the right tuner. bought me hotchkis sways gave me ngk plugs all installation is free plus doing my alignment and corner balancing for free..so im not so upset no more due to the company making it right plus more. oh and thru in a aem wideband and installed it while i was there...i know i got the maddest hookup ever but the company really screwed me on this trip with my wife and i.. but we got a rental car and are already on are way...so there the update...more will follow when i get back from my trip

Old 05-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Algy
I hit around 258whp and 236tq with my mods without a tune...

at that time i only had z-tube k&n filter, 5/16TH MD ISO spacer, Berk HFC, M2 HR-3'' y-pipe, and a Nismo CBE.

after the tune i hit 265hp and 238tq =\ wasnt really much.

and the car actually eats more gas since i was running lean.

I have since changed my setup and have a jwt intake with a stillen shield and art pipes. I would like to get a retune after i change out the exhaust.

Hope this helps and keep us posted on your numbers!
Bro GREAT numbers there. I hit 255 whp and 231 tq mods: 5/16 md, ztube, grounding kit, osiris tune, m2 exhaust. 2004 OB Coupe 5AT

this monday i am getting a Bassani exhaust and art pipes put on with a retune. I hope I hit your numbers! but think I will be slightly under. My M2 exhaust has a leak, so hopefully that would be a cause of lower gains. (also putting in 3.5 diff w/ VLSD and transgo shift kit)

what is a nismo CBE?? and 3 inch pipe? i though m2 was 2.5 piping??

Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
alright guys so some bad news followed by some great news... so with this tuner shop here in el paso i bought the osiris tuner not standard...the owner calls me tells me we had a problem with osiris sending them the standard instead of the tuner version so my car didnt get tuned today but i also bought the d2 racing coils when i bought the tuner. my wife and i have some major plans that we were suspose to take the car because of are anniversary. so i flipped the **** out on the owner while he had other customers in the office. he asked me what he could do to fix this situation because this trip cost me a grip and basically just cost me the trip cause my car was running like **** because of running to rich. the owner upgraded my coils to kw varriant 3 over nighted the right tuner. bought me hotchkis sways gave me ngk plugs all installation is free plus doing my alignment and corner balancing for free..so im not so upset no more due to the company making it right plus more. oh and thru in a aem wideband and installed it while i was there...i know i got the maddest hookup ever but the company really screwed me on this trip with my wife and i.. but we got a rental car and are already on are way...so there the update...more will follow when i get back from my trip
That is how you know they want to take care of you instead of say it's not their fault. Definitely top notch customer service. Bummer about the holdup though. I hope you get some sweet numbers when you return =)

Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxknuckles
Bro GREAT numbers there. I hit 255 whp and 231 tq mods: 5/16 md, ztube, grounding kit, osiris tune, m2 exhaust. 2004 OB Coupe 5AT
wonder why my torque reading is so high compared to most these graphs, im running almost same setup as everyone and hit same hp number but i hit 250 tq.
wow that sounds like such a headache but at least you got a tune up and some nice parts upgrades out of it!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Well just to explain my numbers.

I hit 258rwhp and 236rwtq before my tune. This is all on a DYNOJET so that is probably another reason why my numbers seem higher compared to others. Different dynos will give diff numbers obviously. Dynopack usually run the highest. In addition, my car was not running lean as much as people do with the similar mods I have.

Post tune, it made 265rwhp and 238rwtq. Wasnt that much of an increase and I couldnt really tell the difference once I drove it. It did gain overall through the power band but more up top of course.

The car would probably make more now since its gotten a jwt-intake+stillen shield and MD ART pipes added to it.

Nismo CBE = Nismo s-tune catback exhaust system

M2Performance makes a 3" HR style y-pipe.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
I had my 04 6mt sedan tuned last weekend. Made 259.9hp and 242tq on a heartbreaker dyno.

Mods are:

Stillen Cat Back
Stillen CAI
Motordyne 5/16 spacer
JWT clutch/flywheel
OEM Cats with 116k miles on them.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 10-26-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by PAIXAO
I had my 04 6mt sedan tuned last weekend. Made 259.9hp and 247tq on a heartbreaker dyno.

Mods are:

Stillen Cat Back
Stillen CAI
Motordyne 5/16 spacer
JWT clutch/flywheel
OEM Cats with 116k miles on them.
^ baseline numbers or it never happened... (can I use that here)

Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by EbbAndBlow
^ baseline numbers or it never happened... (can I use that here)
Baseline was 237.1 hp. Tq was 231

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting tuned on friday 06 5at