Upcoming Events Upcoming G35/350Z

Midwest Z Fest 2008--Tulsa, Oklahoma Aug29 - Sep 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
LJ_
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Midwest Z Fest 2008--Tulsa, Oklahoma Aug29 - Sep 1

The website for registering for 2008's Midwest Z Fest is UP and running!

This year's MZF is going to be a truly great event for Z'ers, made possible by the Oklahoma Z Car Club, a dual chapter Z and G enthusiast club.

-A full day at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. Tornado alley's premiere grassroots roadcourse. www.hallettracing.net **OPEN TO ALL MAKES/MODELS** Please see MZF site for Hallett-only entry form
-A car show atop a 1000ft truss bridge across the Arkansas River in Jenks, Oklahoma. **OPEN TO ALL NISSAN/INFINITI MODELS**
-The quintessential awards banquet for Z'ers/G'ers to voice their cheers (and jeers!) for their fellow Z'ers/G'ers.
-Go-Karting at JRP Speedway, where you can hone those newly acquired skills from Hallett.
-Nightly free live music/entertainment in the "Riverwalk" district a short walk from the official hotel.
-NE "Green Country" Cruise, a very enjoyable, 100 mile, guided tour through historic Route 66 territory, with stops at Northeast Oklahoma's very own Vineyards/Wineries. A surprising side of Oklahoma for those unfamiliar with the area.

Check out all the events here at http://www.midwestzfest.com/events.html
***********UPDATE***UPDATE***********

Midnight Drag Racing is a GO

-I have made arrangements with Tulsa Raceway Park to accomodate MZF'ers with our own lane during Midnight Drags.

-We will be lined up exclusively against ourselves and have our own lane although the strip is still open to the public. Gates open at 11pm, we will meet up at a the host hotel and cruise in together. I will get the meeting time out to everyone that weekend at MZF.

-Format is as follows; First half of the night no scoreboard and no timeslips, second half of the night scoreboard on and timeslips provided.
-NOT an official MZF event so you will have to pay the $10-20 at the gate.

Of course as with any grand Z/G gathering, the "side events" and parking lot conventions are the real icing on the cake, and we plan to serve it up nice and thick. Stay tuned here and on the club's official website http://www.okzcc.com/phpBB2/index.php for all the details and news. If you have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other club officers and we will be happy to address them.

What a great year to be a Z/G enthusiast!

Last edited by LJ_; 08-11-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: updated
Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
LJ_
If you are planning to attend and have not made your room reservations, it is imperative that you do so this week if you wish to find a room within any reasonable driving distance from Tulsa for that weekend.

The host hotel is the Holiday Inn Express in Jenks and it is located literally at the site for most of the MZF activities, the riverwalk and all nightly entertainment is outside, the car show will be located on the large bridge next to it as well. The country cruise, Hallett, and the dragstrip(unofficial event) are the only major events that will require you leaving walking distance of the hotel.

The host hotel will start selling our block of rooms off after July 31st.The MZF discounted rate also disappears after this date. The overflow hotel is the Hilton which is nearby but is still a few miles away. The Hilton starts releasing our block of rooms Tuesday night July 15th at midnight .

Why it is so urgent you make your reservations before these two deadlines is because there will be a (believe it or not) Jehovah's Witness Convention in Tulsa that very weekend. We actually stole their block of rooms because the management apparently preferred to give a bunch of car folks first crack at them instead of the JW's, but to be somewhat fair to the JW's who reserved the rooms first, the hotel is releasing them Aug 1 for any JWC goers. These people are NO JOKE. If you do not get your room this week at the Hilton or this month at the host hotel, it is very likely you will not find a room in the Tulsa metro area that weekend.

I hope as many of you as possible can make it to MZF. The event list is fantastic and the good folks with the OKZCC's MZF committee have really put forth a tremendous effort on organizing this event. We have cars attending from as far as Colorado and Tennessee, and attendees from as far as the UK making the trip!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM
LJ_
bump-ito

Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 222 Likes on 155 Posts
Totally going

Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
^Paid and waiting......

Still undecided about Hallett. I'm going for sure, I just may sit on the sidelines though. We'll see.

There's another car show this weekend on the bridge. My wife is going to win the vette TVS is raffling off. She always wins!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:51 PM
LJ_
Originally Posted by twin001
Still undecided about Hallett. I'm going for sure, I just may sit on the sidelines though. We'll see.
You'll totally regret that decision.

Just be sure to buy some proper brake pads. Pads are amongst the easiest things to change, and Nissan is NOTORIOUS for equipping its cars with underperforming brakes/pads. Hallett will make toast out of any OEM Nissan/Infiniti pads unless you drive like a high school driver's ed teacher.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I know!

I've been looking into some Project Mu pads, I just might have to pull the trigger.

I just changed the pads and rotors on my F150 a few weeks ago. Only took about an hour. Hopefully the G's are just as easy.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 PM
:[ i leave tulsa on the 22nd..

Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
My front pads look great, my rear pad though....questionable. I'll take them off next week and see how they look. I'll probably just kill these pads on the track and upgrade shortly afterwards.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mongkey007
:[ i leave tulsa on the 22nd..
Yep school starts on the 25th

Old 08-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by LJ_
You'll totally regret that decision.

Just be sure to buy some proper brake pads. Pads are amongst the easiest things to change, and Nissan is NOTORIOUS for equipping its cars with underperforming brakes/pads. Hallett will make toast out of any OEM Nissan/Infiniti pads unless you drive like a high school driver's ed teacher.
You're a bad influence on me already and I haven't even met you .

I ordered the Project Mu pads today, hopefully they will be here by this weekend so I can put them on. My rotors look great, I'll have them turned them to make sure. I have a feeling though that after Hallett they may need replaced.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
LJ_
Also use DOT4 brake fluid, the pads will do you no good surviving the heat if it results in the fluid boiling. I use ATE Super Blue, but Motul will do just fine as well. Unlike other DOT4 racing fluids, they don't absorb moisture quickly so you can leave them in for extended periods of time without worry.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm thinking about going also, but I'm trying to get a set of coilovers first. Hopefully I will have some within a week so I can get them on in time!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:03 AM
hey i live in Tulsa ill be there for sure!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:04 AM
hey i live in Tulsa ill be there for sure!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Midwest Z Fest 2008--Tulsa, Oklahoma Aug29 - Sep 1