LCD Screen Video question/Ipod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyDeez
What DVD player is that?
It's a Nitro... I think the model is 4142 but I have to go back and make sure. It does dvd, svcd, etc as well as mp3 CDs (but I use the car for that ).

I was gonna get a dvd changer and put it in the trunk, but I found this one that fits in there with plenty of room so I went that route instead. The remote eye is on the a-pillar so I can close the glovebox and still control the player, and I drilled a hole at the bottom of the glovebox for the wiring.

Best thing is that it remembers its power state and where the movie was when you shut it off so you can always resume without having to restart, and you hook it up to acc + 12v so it goes on/off automatically with the car.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Alternatively and much, much smaller and more versital you could get an Archos 504 with up to 160gb hard drive. You can record anything with it. TV, DVD's, MP3's, etc. It plays almost every single format including apples codec. I have the 80gb version and have like 20 dvd's (the archos records them in mpeg4), every single Seinfeld episode, and tons of music. I keep in in my armrest. I am hoping to find a mountable solution, but the Archos absolutely destroys my Video iPod for versatility. My only gripe is the sound quality is not up to iPods standard, but still good.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:32 AM
iPod=RCA Plug For 99¢

Originally Posted by Virus
Where did you buy the retractable cord? Info please! I would like to get rid of my 5ft of coiled wire in the center console since we have such limited space.

Found it here for 99¢:

http://tinyurl.com/343ut5

Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by MR Bulk
Found it here for 99¢:

http://tinyurl.com/343ut5
that isn't retractable is it.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by sjharris
that isn't retractable is it.
"retractable" is not good for your help

Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Sheesh just trying to help.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:22 PM
see, i wanna play movies from my ipod, via the aux. And those only play with ebreak on. I dont want to go thru the whole dvd system thing. Because i find it much easier to covert movies and put them on the ipod.
Still no one has had any luck with finding any information for this?

Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by chakdey
see, i wanna play movies from my ipod, via the aux. And those only play with ebreak on. I dont want to go thru the whole dvd system thing. Because i find it much easier to covert movies and put them on the ipod.
Still no one has had any luck with finding any information for this?
See post #14 of this thread, that will answer your question.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
See post #14 of this thread, that will answer your question.
I dont get it, there are websites that tell you how to make bombs, places to buy guns and all sorts of other crazy things that no one gets in trouble for. Here we are a group of people who all have the same thing in common but as soon as someone wants to watch a DVD while driving its removed. Makes no sense and I think the mods are idiots for thinking they have any liability if someone crashes because of information that is shared on this forum. No one is putting guns to peoples heads making them watch DVDs while driving but if im looking to do that this should be the place I come to find out how to do it.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by SaratogaG35
I dont get it, there are websites that tell you how to make bombs, places to buy guns and all sorts of other crazy things that no one gets in trouble for. Here we are a group of people who all have the same thing in common but as soon as someone wants to watch a DVD while driving its removed. Makes no sense and I think the mods are idiots for thinking they have any liability if someone crashes because of information that is shared on this forum. No one is putting guns to peoples heads making them watch DVDs while driving but if im looking to do that this should be the place I come to find out how to do it.

Nothing like a noob telling the staff and it's owner how the forum should be run and what content is permissible. If you don't like it go start your own forum......it's that simple.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 AM

Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Elc
This is the question... Could be such a simple solution.. to MANY questions about this, truth is it's why I am here searching. Now who makes the DVD player.
2 questions for this. Has anyone found a small enough dvd player to fit in the center console to use for DVDs? Also can someone please post how to make it so you dont have to click the ebrake. People def have it done but wont say how they got it done and the other half of the people are little babies and cry that its dangerous and illegal. Someone just post how to do it please so I dont have to listen to people ask the question 300 times. And if you are one of the people who cries and says its dangerous than please dont respond