LCD Screen Video question/Ipod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCD Screen Video question/Ipod

I've searched the forum to see if this was asked/answered already, but didn't seem to see it anywhere. Anyway, I picked up a rca retractable type cord that plugs into the bottom of the ipod and has the three RCA plugs yellow, white and red (a/v). I have no problem watching the video with the ebrake on, but the picture is only in black and white - no color ?? Is there something wrong - shouldn't I be able to watch movies in color on the screen?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I really don't know how to answer that.

Sorry.

Maybe try a different cord?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
I have video going in through there and it works fine.

Did you try hooking it up to a TV or something else to see if maybe it's the cable or the ipod itself?

Old 06-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I believe it's the video settings on the iPod. NTSB or another one, try the other option.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:50 PM
How does the quality look of the video as it is powered through the nav?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:33 AM
The cable might be bad or its not all the way in.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by mbhforum
I believe it's the video settings on the iPod. NTSB or another one, try the other option.
What is the difference between the 2 output settings?

Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by sjharris
What is the difference between the 2 output settings?
It's NTSC, not NTSB as other member wrongly mentioned. One format for US and other for Asia/Europe (PAL). Your screen only supports NTSC, not PAL.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks, I changed the setting on the ipod and it works great now. Picture clarity seems ok - sound is awesome!! Thanks all! J.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Now how can you watch that video without the brake on? i have went to so many shops no one is willing to touch the G. They say they don't mess with infinity's, because the way its setup its really hard to play the movies without the brake on. Anyone know if it can be done?

Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Where did you buy the retractable cord? Info please! I would like to get rid of my 5ft of coiled wire in the center console since we have such limited space.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by chakdey
Now how can you watch that video without the brake on? i have went to so many shops no one is willing to touch the G. They say they don't mess with infinity's, because the way its setup its really hard to play the movies without the brake on. Anyone know if it can be done?

2 questions for this. Has anyone found a small enough dvd player to fit in the center console to use for DVDs? Also can someone please post how to make it so you dont have to click the ebrake. People def have it done but wont say how they got it done and the other half of the people are little babies and cry that its dangerous and illegal. Someone just post how to do it please so I dont have to listen to people ask the question 300 times. And if you are one of the people who cries and says its dangerous than please dont respond

Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
TV OUT in the video settings on ur ipod

Old 07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by SaratogaG35
2 questions for this. Has anyone found a small enough dvd player to fit in the center console to use for DVDs?
I don't think you'll find a small enough player to fit there, but if you do please post some pictures...

I got the smallest car-based one I could find and put it in the glovebox. Running the wires to the console is a mess, but it's clean and out of the way.

Also can someone please post how to make it so you dont have to click the ebrake. People def have it done but wont say how they got it done and the other half of the people are little babies and cry that its dangerous and illegal. Someone just post how to do it please so I dont have to listen to people ask the question 300 times. And if you are one of the people who cries and says its dangerous than please dont respond
Talk to the mods about that. They will chase down and delete the posts about this. No point in arguing with them either, since it's their site to run. If you insist, then they will remove the thread, so consider yourself warned.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
What DVD player is that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LCD Screen Video question/Ipod