Bluetooth Problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 premium w/o nav, my tilt works fine except for the occasional answer using steering wheel controls, call connects, switches to handset, and then switches back to bt handsfree. aside from a delay for about 1-2 secs before I can talk, everything else works fine.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Motorola Q9M

Just had Infiniti BT helpdesk confirm there is an issue with the initialization of Motorola Q9M after being paired. Upon car starting, the phone shows a "call in progress" and must be "hang up" and then hit "back" to regain use of radio, etc. in about 10-15 seconds. Otherwise, phone pairs and works well, just requires hitting hang up, then back each time car is started and phone is recognized.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
FZ1
That's too bad. That phone's listed as compatible on infiniti.com.

Did you get the feeling that by "known issue", they meant they're working on it, or they've got that workaround?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:32 PM
My first call last week, they said they had not heard of the problems with that phone. I called back this week and again described the same issue and said I know I had seen others with similar symptoms on various forums. They then said, yes there is a problem and it has or had been reported to Infiniti. There was no workaround given. They said they would call me when they had more info or a fix - no time was given. Hope they don't call me when I am in the car with bluetooth ;-)

Old 04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
HTC Touch problems

I just upgraded my ppc6700 to the Sprint Touch and I've got an interesting issue when using the hands-free in the car.

Historically, my PP6700 was fine for use in my car.

On my 07 G35S, the Touch BT gives me a garbled speaker and the other side can't hear me. This problem is what others are experiencing.

Last weekend, I sat in my friend's 08G37 to see if the problem was in his car, and it wasn't!!! the phone paired up fine, outgoing calls and incoming calls were crystal clear...

I'm going to Infiniti today and see if I can replicate this with other cars on the lot.

It'll go a long way in determining whether it's a phone or car issue for me...

he2

Old 04-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by yidster
...On my 07 G35S, the Touch BT gives me a garbled speaker and the other side can't hear me. This problem is what others are experiencing.
Well at least I'm not alone in this problem. I recently upgraded to the VZW XV6900 (HTC Touch) and I've got the same exact issue. Garbled, robotic voices and similar problems as yourself. My bluetooth headsets work perfectly! Go figure!!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by G35_fiend
Well at least I'm not alone in this problem. I recently upgraded to the VZW XV6900 (HTC Touch) and I've got the same exact issue. Garbled, robotic voices and similar problems as yourself. My bluetooth headsets work perfectly! Go figure!!
I was pissed when my friend's 08G35S worked fine with my phone. Why one car and not another?

I've got a 2:30 today at Riverside Infiniti. Here's hoping we can replicate the problem.

he2

Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
"ksoze" I have Moto Q9C and have the same problem as yours....I think it is something to do with the Windows Mobile 6 version I guess....Well other than that everything else is perfect....

Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 PM
My LG Voyager doesnt stay paired to the car more than 2-3 minutes at a time, very annoying. I just turned the Bluetooth off a long time ago...

Old 04-30-2008, 03:00 PM
FZ1
To you guys using the Touch,

1-I have the same issue with my Titan and my G35s WITH navigation, but it work great with the same car WITHOUT navigation. Does your buddy with the G37 have navigation?

2-You guys could try this workaround. After the call connects, switch to handset, switch back to phone. Works great for me after that.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by FZ1
To you guys using the Touch,

1-I have the same issue with my Titan and my G35s WITH navigation, but it work great with the same car WITHOUT navigation. Does your buddy with the G37 have navigation?

2-You guys could try this workaround. After the call connects, switch to handset, switch back to phone. Works great for me after that.

1. My buddy has an 08G37S with Premium + Navigation. My car is outfitted with Premium + Navigation also. The package difference is just that he has the rear view camera and ipod integration. I wanted to try on his to see if other Infinitis exhibited the same symptoms.

2. The workaround does work, but I don't want to have to do that.

When I get to the dealer, I'll ask for them to replace my BT unit. On the phone, they gave me some resistance b/c the Touch isn't "supported". I was able to convince them to look at my car when I told them that it works on another Infiniti. I figure, we'll be sitting in a different G sedan as well as a G coupe trying to show the phone works in other cars and that my car is "defective".

Wish me luck.

he2

Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Just got back from the dealer

Well, I just got back from Riverside Infiniti and can tell you this:

1. We checked BT in my 07 and verified poor audio quality. We then checked BT quality in an 07 loaner and verified that it worked very well. They are going to order another BT module for me. We'll see how that goes.

2. Tony from Riverside Infiniti is a very nice guy!

I'll keep my fingers crossed...

he2

Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
FZ1
Curious, did the '07 G35 loaner have navigation? Also, were you testing by having a conversation over bt or just placing a call and only listening not speaking?

Thanks.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 AM
When I told the advisor and manager that my phone worked in an 08G37, the service manager said that cars are updated every year to work with "newer" phones and that my car may not be compatible with the phone b/c it was older than the phone. I don't know if I believed him but he instructed the advisor to test an 07 on the lot. That just left us with loaners, and none of them had Navi.

I was fairly confident a car with Navigation would also work okay as the phone worked fine on my friend's G37 with Navi.

As for how we were testing, I called my cellular phone provider's customer support. It is an automated menu system that works off a voice prompt. When the system couldn't make out what I was saying, we would conclude that someone on the other end couldn't hear what we were saying.

Hope that clears up your question.

he2

Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 AM
FZ1
Thanks, I do appreciate the clarification. Your findings are consistent with mine and others' however. An '07 w/o nav seems to work fine (has a pretty different gui too as I'm sure you noticed), but those of us w/nav seem to be out of luck with Titan/Vogue.

I'm interested to see how things work out for you though with a new bt unit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Problems!