No Volume!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Volume!! HELP!

I own an '07 G35 sedan w/ Navi and for the last 1 1/2 months I occassionally have no Volume from the Radio/CD/Compact Flash/Voice Guidence/etc. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what can I do to resolve the issue?
The only sound I can hear is the chirp when pressing the "Eject" button from the factory indash headunit.

Here's the weird part, if I turn off the car to run into the store or to run errands and when I return it sometimes work again during the next start up.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Since it fixes automatically after a restart i doubt it has anything to do with the audio or nav settings. do you have an AF sub or something? Else it could be a serious problem if it turns out to be a short somewhere in the wiring harness.

Your car should still be covered under warranty so i would definitely take it in to the dealer as soon as it happens the next time without turning the car off so that the service manager can experience the problem first hand.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4p81
I own an '07 G35 sedan w/ Navi and for the last 1 1/2 months I occassionally have no Volume from the Radio/CD/Compact Flash/Voice Guidence/etc. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what can I do to resolve the issue?
The only sound I can hear is the chirp when pressing the "Eject" button from the factory indash headunit.

Here's the weird part, if I turn off the car to run into the store or to run errands and when I return it sometimes work again during the next start up.
How hot is the trunk? Get a thermometer and place it into the trunk. Next time it goes out instantly get a reading. See if it does this at a particular temperature.

A long time ago I had a car radio I was working on that would shut off after about 10 minutes. Took the radio out and about the only way I could get it to die was with a hair dryer putting the radio inside of a cardboard box to heat it up.

This is how it was finally fixed. Took the car for a drive with the radio installed and yep it would die after ten minutes but only with the defroster on. Turned out a hole in the ductwork directed the hot defroster air on the power transistors.

Now this is probably not the factor, that is the output stages of the Bose amp since you would typically lose only one side at a time if this was the case. You could experience the lost of both if some common part such as maybe a dc-dc convertor was involved in the trunk mounted amp. If under warranty take it in, but it may not hurt to be able to state that at 98.6 degrees trunk temperature it shuts down.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Since it fixes automatically after a restart i doubt it has anything to do with the audio or nav settings. do you have an AF sub or something? Else it could be a serious problem if it turns out to be a short somewhere in the wiring harness.

Your car should still be covered under warranty so i would definitely take it in to the dealer as soon as it happens the next time without turning the car off so that the service manager can experience the problem first hand.
Yeah it's very frustrating driving w/ no audio. Everything on the car is factory and Im still covered under warranty. I guess I'll bring it to the dealership the next time is happens.

pfarmer: I highly doubt its a heat issue, the problem occurs even on a cool day.

I'll go ahead and check the fuse box located in the left kick panel area the next time is happens. Thanks all for the help.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4p81
Yeah it's very frustrating driving w/ no audio. Everything on the car is factory and Im still covered under warranty. I guess I'll bring it to the dealership the next time is happens.

pfarmer: I highly doubt its a heat issue, the problem occurs even on a cool day.

I'll go ahead and check the fuse box located in the left kick panel area the next time is happens. Thanks all for the help.
Does it occur if the car is cool on the inside (no heater on)? I doubt it is the issue but it was worth a look since I have seen it.

One thing I was wondering and that is if the amp has a fan. Most do not but maybe. If so would not take a hot day for it to occur.

It still may well be heat related just not ambient.

Perry

Old 11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
It's been awhile but the "No Audio issue" has been resolved. Fortunately the radio acted up and remained in the condition for me to take it back to the local Infiniti Dealership. Turns out they had to replace it with a new radio (warranty) and I have not had any issues with it since. The Technician could not explain why it happened and said it was probably a very rare chance that it was a defected part. Now I can enjoy driving again! Thanks for all the help guys.