Bluetooth Problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Problems!

I'm having bluetooth / phone issues and was wondering if anyone else has had something like this.

My phone connects fine, but when I make a call (or answer a call), the person can't hear me (through the speark in teh car or through the phone). If I select "Use Handset", then hit the phone button, everything works fine.

It's really weird - all other functions work fine. I can voice dial, the display shows me my signal strength, battery life, etc.

Any ideas what I can try?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Check the Bluetooth volume settings. I think it's under "Settings". When you press "Use Handset" and talk does the system return to the car's BT system or stay on the phone? I'll have to check this later.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lemodular
Check the Bluetooth volume settings. I think it's under "Settings". When you press "Use Handset" and talk does the system return to the car's BT system or stay on the phone? I'll have to check this later.

I'll check that - I was effing around w/ the settings all weekend just doing stupid stuff (making the nav beep everytime a button is hit, map icons, etc), so maybe I screwed it up then.

When I press "use handset", then go back to the phone by pressing the "Phone" button, it goes back to BT and then it works fine.

Thanks for the idea, homey.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem but it just happened when pairing my new phone. My old Samsung Blackjack works perfectly (sans battery meter and signal strength running Windows Mobile 5). I just bought a new HTC s710 with Windows Mobile 6 and now I have battery and signal strength but no sound through the car bluetooth. If I transfer to handset (s710) I can hear the other party fine and they can hear me fine but incoming nor outgoing work though the car bluetooth system with this new phone. I'm guessing WM6 is the problem here but I could be wrong. I'd be interested to find a fix for this!!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by G35_fiend
I have the same problem but it just happened when pairing my new phone. My old Samsung Blackjack works perfectly (sans battery meter and signal strength running Windows Mobile 5). I just bought a new HTC s710 with Windows Mobile 6 and now I have battery and signal strength but no sound through the car bluetooth. If I transfer to handset (s710) I can hear the other party fine and they can hear me fine but incoming nor outgoing work though the car bluetooth system with this new phone. I'm guessing WM6 is the problem here but I could be wrong. I'd be interested to find a fix for this!!
You might try the JETware app to solve bluetooth connection issues. Not sure if will work with WM6 or solve your problem, but it's worth investigating. I used an earlier version a few years ago to solve a BT problem with my Dell Axim running WM 2003SE. There are other similar apps available.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/support.htm

Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by barrister89
You might try the JETware app to solve bluetooth connection issues. Not sure if will work with WM6 or solve your problem, but it's worth investigating. I used an earlier version a few years ago to solve a BT problem with my Dell Axim running WM 2003SE. There are other similar apps available.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/support.htm
Well, I just gave JETware a try and it did not correct the problem with the handsfree in my G35. I'll keep searching!

Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by G35_fiend
POOP! I just got the new 8925 and it runs WM6! I should just go buy a new car. :lol:

Old 10-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by J. Diddy
POOP! I just got the new 8925 and it runs WM6! I should just go buy a new car. :lol:
HA.. ha... NO, I'd have to keep the car, trash the phone! LOL...

I find it hard to believe that the bluetooth stack is that badly messed up from WM5 to WM6 but I guess anything goes when dealing with MS!

I think it may be something utilizing ANY handsfree profile cause my bluetooth headset doesn't seem to work properly either. Have you tried a bluetooth headset yet with your 8925?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Bad Toro
If all fails, take the car to the dealer and have them check the overhead mics.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Im having the same problem, my 8525(using WM6) was fine in the G, but when I used my new 8925, the sound is all garbled over the speakers & the person Im speaking with cant hear me. When I switch over to use handset, everything is fine. I'd like to know if either the dealer did anything screwy when I took it in to swap out the iKEY

Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 PM
i thought the 8525 was WM5..... but anyways, i'm having the same problem as you, i had a ppc 6700 and it paired ok, sounded really clear but it did have some typical windows phone problems.... but today i bought the 6800 (mogul) and it sounds all messed up too, and i don't think the other side can hear me... hopefully they come out with a software fix for this....

Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
i thought the 8525 was WM5..... but anyways, i'm having the same problem as you, i had a ppc 6700 and it paired ok, sounded really clear but it did have some typical windows phone problems.... but today i bought the 6800 (mogul) and it sounds all messed up too, and i don't think the other side can hear me... hopefully they come out with a software fix for this....
8525 is about to get updated with WM6. The WM6 rom and radio updates are available.

For those with garbled audio, turn off your wi-fi and check again.

to the OP, what phone are you using?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
I have a cooked WM6 ROM

Old 10-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by mobilezen
8525 is about to get updated with WM6. The WM6 rom and radio updates are available.

For those with garbled audio, turn off your wi-fi and check again.

to the OP, what phone are you using?
I only have WiFi on when Im in a WiFi location(normally I have it off), so that rules that out. I only have the phone, bluetooth on & thats it, still garbled. But thanks for the advice.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
I only have WiFi on when Im in a WiFi location(normally I have it off), so that rules that out. I only have the phone, bluetooth on & thats it, still garbled. But thanks for the advice.
Hmm I'm going to have to do some research and then respond back. That is interesting. When you upgraded the ROM, did you update the radio/ARM/etc?

Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
I have a cooked WM6 ROM
Why have a cooked one when the official AT&T WM6 ROM is available but you didn't hear that from me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Problems!