Bluetooth Problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mobilezen
Hmm I'm going to have to do some research and then respond back. That is interesting. When you upgraded the ROM, did you update the radio/ARM/etc?

Yes I did, that could be the possibility.

Why have a cooked one when the official AT&T WM6 ROM is available but you didn't hear that from me
Yeah but the official one has bloatware on it, which Im not interested in, plus the cooked ROMs have more memory left over & if I need CV, or MobiTv(or any other AT&T apps) I have the cabs to install.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
Yeah but the official one has bloatware on it, which Im not interested in, plus the cooked ROMs have more memory left over & if I need CV, or MobiTv(or any other AT&T apps) I have the cabs to install.
regedit + uninstall + system edits = non-novice anymore. It's easy.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Me too...

You guys beat me to this post - I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Here's some more data points:
  1. I had an LG CU500 - no problem with normal BT headsets (Plantronics) or my G35.
  2. Got an LG CU500v - no problem with either type of BT hands-free.
  3. Got an 8925 (Tilt) - no problem with headset (Plantronics) but crappy with the G - exactly the same description as the OP's, where the initial call connect sucks, but turn off hands-free, then turn on hands-free from the car and it's fine.
  4. Re-flashed the 8925 to the HTC Kaiser ROM - no change - same as Tilt ROM above.
  5. Got the JetWare BT extension - no change to above.

Based on the fact that there's no problem with actual headsets that I've tried, I feel like it's the car. Also, I've tried to do the phonebook download (via the JETware extension) multiple different times with different settings, and haven't been able to get past about 20% before it fails. LAME.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:20 PM
A few items to add - the JETware extension has some configuration files available on their website for the Hermes/TyTN (though nothing for the TyTN II / Kaiser / Tilt), but nothing helped. It appears that some Audi people have a similar issue, but their connectivity problems are limited only to the first call. After that, it's ok - ours is for every call. Lame.

I've posted our issue on JETware's site:
http://www.jetwaremobile.com/forums/...hread.aspx#376

Let's see if we can get some attention.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Same problem with tilt and G35

I bought the tilt the other day. THe bluetooth audio quality when paired with my G35 was unusable. Garbled and crackly.

My old 8525 with WM5 worked clear and beautifully.
I had to take the tilt back today. What a bummer.

I am back to using my 8525. Hopefully they will find a fix for this and I can upgrade at another time.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by lisamel
I bought the tilt the other day. THe bluetooth audio quality when paired with my G35 was unusable. Garbled and crackly.

My old 8525 with WM5 worked clear and beautifully.
I had to take the tilt back today. What a bummer.

I am back to using my 8525. Hopefully they will find a fix for this and I can upgrade at another time.
It actually can work - but you need to do the "procedure" as posted above for it to be nice and clear. I'm sure there'll be a fix soon.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 PM
procedure?

What procedure? JEtware?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by J. Diddy
My phone connects fine, but when I make a call (or answer a call), the person can't hear me (through the speark in teh car or through the phone). If I select "Use Handset", then hit the phone button, everything works fine.
This one.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
weird

I think that is an awful lot to go through.
In my car to answer a call, I just hit a button on my steering wheel and say hello.
But then callers can't hear me. I don't want to have to go through pushing extra buttons, when I didn't have to do that with my 8525.
I figure for $300 it should work properly.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by J. Diddy
I'm having bluetooth / phone issues and was wondering if anyone else has had something like this.

My phone connects fine, but when I make a call (or answer a call), the person can't hear me (through the speark in teh car or through the phone). If I select "Use Handset", then hit the phone button, everything works fine.

It's really weird - all other functions work fine. I can voice dial, the display shows me my signal strength, battery life, etc.

Any ideas what I can try?
I have the exact same problem with my LG VX8300... I think its the phone itself. Just has minor issues with the bluetooth or something oh yeah not only that my phone did the same exact thing in my old m35 too.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 PM
IM just waiting on an update or a fix to this bluetooth issue its real annoying.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Nov 2007 G35 Journey with Nav/Tech/Prem.

Phone: Verizon Wireless Treo 700W.
Issue: When answering a call, I could hear the other person they could not hear me.

Lexus 2007 IS250 AWD + NAV
Phone: Verizon Wireless Treo 700W
Issue: None. Works find.

Volvo 2007 S40 AWD T5

Car or phone? You decide. The Treo 700W is not officially support by any of them. Interesting to note that on the IS250, it finds the phone in less than 5 seconds. On the G35 I am down the road a quarter of a mile before it finds it - and sometimes not finding it at all.

Last edited by Adam Zapple; 10-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Zapple

Issue: When answering a call, I could hear the other person they could not hear me.

Volvo 2007 S40 AWD T5

Car or phone? You decide. The Treo 700W is not officially support by any of them. Interesting to note that on the IS250, it finds the phone in less than 5 seconds. On the G35 I am down the road a quarter of a mile before it finds it - and sometimes not finding it at all.
At least I dont have that problem, the G35 finds the TILT in 5 s or less, that it is quick. But the garbble, aaaa nnnooo yyyying!!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Volvo 2007 S40 AWD T5

I haven't had any issues with the G35 with a Razr or a CU500, so I really can't conclude the same - in fact, my Tilt connects faster and more consistently than the CU500, but has quality issues.

New item - I'm beginning to have quality issues with my Plantronics headset too... the plot thickens...

Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Your experience does suggest something is a little dodgy with the G35s bluetooth. I'd pepper Infiniti with emails describing the problems in detail and maybe their engineers will start working on a fix. With the '08s just coming out, I can' imagine that Infiniti wants to tell buyers well, sorry, the bluetooth doesn't work with your slick new $500 phone. I suppose the wireless providers and phone makers could also be to blame, but I'd wager that they spend a lot of time designing their firmware to be compatible with as many bluetooth devices as possible.

I have an old Motorola E815 and the bluetooth works perfectly and the sound is quite clear. The car recognizes it and connects in just a few seconds.

I remember reading somewhere that Verizon would fiddle with the bluetooth in their phones to prevent you from establishing certain bluetooth connections. Don't know if it's true anymore or if other wireless companies are doing it. Just a thought.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Problems!