Bluetooth Problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FZ1
Thanks, I do appreciate the clarification. Your findings are consistent with mine and others' however. An '07 w/o nav seems to work fine (has a pretty different gui too as I'm sure you noticed), but those of us w/nav seem to be out of luck with Titan/Vogue.

I'm interested to see how things work out for you though with a new bt unit.
That leaves the question, "why are 08s with Navi okay with the Touch/Vogue"

Here's hoping I get the same vintage BT unit that my friend has...

he2

Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I just bought a new HTC Juno/Tmobile Shadow the other day and am having the same problem (robotic voice and the other side can't hear me) The workaround of disconnecting and reconnecting the BT works for me, but that means everytime I start a call there's a 3 or 4 second delay before I can say hello...pretty annoying. The fact that it does work well once you go through the workarounds indicates to me that it can be fixed. I also have nav on my 07 G35S, so I'll be curious to see how things work out for you yidster. Keep us updated.

BTW, the phone works fine with my Plantronics BT headset

Last edited by lowraxe; 05-05-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Anyone with an 08 sedan w/Navi get the Mogul or Touch to work in their car?

he2

Old 05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Just took my G to the dealer for the 22.5k service. Talked over the BT problem with the tech and after calling up Tmobile support through the car, he tried to run a few diagnostic tests to clear it up, but decided it's going to be the kind of thing that will have to be turned into a TSB. (I had the clutch problem early on which later turned into a TSB, so I guess these guys are getting less reluctant to dismiss my concerns) Anyway, I asked whether there was any way to switch out the BT module with a non-nav car also. I had looked at the shop manuals before, so I kinda already knew the answer, but figured I'd ask anyway. The nav is integrated with the BT module, so a simple change-out isn't really feasible.

Anyway, looks like it's just gonna require everyone getting the message through to get Infiniti to make a TSB on the problem.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Just got a call from Infiniti letting me know there is a new radio waiting for me and to schedule a visit. I'm waiting for parts for my broken thigh extender thingee and then I'll go in.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

he2

Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 PM
AAAARrrrgghhh!

Well, I got back from the Infiniti dealer and my bluetooth still does not work. They replaced the AV unit (everything was reset!) and the 2nd unit gave me the same poor voice quality and garbles.

The dealer acknowledged the phone works in other cars, but said he couldn't give me the AV unit out of the 08s as the part numbers are different. I was offered the Infiniti Consumer affairs number for further recourse.

So... Back to using the workaround. It was worth a shot

he2

Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I emailed HTC as I am interested in the TILT, and have an 08 G35 with Nav.

I know lots of folks on here say their TILT works fine, but I bet you don't have NAV? I have done quite a bit of research and it seems 07&08 G35s with nav have the BT problem on the HTC phone.....the reply from HTC is posted and this gentleman says there is a fix -

So....those of you who have a HTC 8925 aka TILT that works fine - DO YOU HAVE NAV???? OR..have you upgraded ROMs?

CUT AND PASTE --------

Thank you for your inquiry

First and foremost let me thank you for your interest in our line of devices. Just recently there was a fix that was released for this device that addressed a lot of bluetooth issues that users were experiencing. To download this fix you would simply visit, http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=67&act=sd.

Just to let you know, for more information on our line of devices you can always check www.htcwiki.com.

I hope we have answered your question in detail. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support

http://www.america.htc.com

http://www.htcwiki.com

http://www.cingular.com/support/

Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
TILT Bluetooth Fix

I just tried the TILT ROM update and it is still the same as before. I have a '07 G35 with NAV. I have tried to pair this phone with my wife's Camry and my old Motorola headset and still got the same results. I had to search for a compatible headset (Scala 700) to work with my phone. Oh well!

I work a quarter mile from the Infiniti dealership and am thinking of trying to pair it with the '08 model just to get a little more confirmation.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
FZ1
Just an update, it seems the Verizon Touch Pro 2 (RhodiumW) might work fine with our cars w/nav.

Can anyone corraborate?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I think its the car - i have trouble with my new droid and a g35 2007 sedan w/nav

have to the the use handset/click phone to do a call

I might return the phone as I do 2+ hours a day car talking

Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I had no problems with my tmobile dash or G1 until I had to get a replacement G1 (first one got run over by a car) now no one can hear me and they are full of static.

I guess I will take it back to the dealer and complain.