iSimple non-factory ipod integration in 2007 G35 (Sirius/NON-nav)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I have never seen his. Mine is an OEM Nissan part and does what I need it to for $180. It took ~30 minutes for me to easily install myself. No wires to cut, just plug and play.
It charges the iPod. It controls and plays music through the car head unit and volume control works from the steering wheel. The steering wheel controls can still switch between Radio, CD and the iPod as well.
Perhaps the OP could post some pictures of the LCD screen and iPod while it's in use in order to help you decide. By his description, it sounds almost the same as mine which you can see in post #8 above.

Cheers
I will try to do this in the next few days (pics). Based on your description of OEM Nissan integration, the iSimple unit I have does virtually the same thing & allows some other connections which I don't really need but other folks may be interested in. I checked on the site and there is a firmware update for iPhone/iTouch 3.0 but my iPhone seems to work fine already so I didn't download or install the update.

http://isimplesolutions.com/ipod-adapter/GateWay.asp

Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so where exactly did u get the adapter from?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by GA DIGG!
so where exactly did u get the adapter from?
The link for the adaptor is in the OP

Old 02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
i am quite unhappy with my iSimple. it's complicated to chose and change playlists while driving and it attenuates the volume of the satellite radio and iPod outputs. i have updated firmware and written the manufacturers to no avail about this.

i am going to install the factory integration in the spring hopefully.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
i have a 07 G35X. Researching ipod connections vi a various methods. what I want is to 1. control volume and skip songs via steering wheel, 2. be able to do the same via console 3. have use of LCD screen that shows song playing and also play the video or movies i have on my ipod.

the obtions i have found are the 1. Isimple gateway connection 2. USA spec 3.Nissan OEM IPOD connection kit on everythingG35 website, 4. using a RCA cable that is connected via the plugs inside the armrest.

My questions are,
1. which is the best of these?
2. Are there any other obtions?
3. which one is the simplest and cleanest connection?(not a fan or wires all over the place)
4. can someone make a table of the connection obtions for 2007+ G sedans with the negatives and positives? that would clean up some of the confusion with all the threads.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
i am quite unhappy with my iSimple. it's complicated to chose and change playlists while driving and it attenuates the volume of the satellite radio and iPod outputs. i have updated firmware and written the manufacturers to no avail about this.

i am going to install the factory integration in the spring hopefully.
I agree that iSimple is far from a perfect solution, but I am still pretty happy with mine despite agreeing with most of what you said above. The volume on the iPod is attenuated but is plenty loud when I adjusted my iPod settings. I haven't noticed the volume attenuation as much of an issue when switching back to Sirius, but there is a delay of ~2 seconds even after iSimple switched to Sirius until I am successfully able to select a station.

One thing that I found rather annoying is inability to skip forward/back through the track using the dash controls (can only do that if the ipod controls the playback, which defeats the purpose of using the integration).

Once (and if) you decide to switch to factory integration from iSimple, please post a comparison review.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by lightspeed1
i have a 07 G35X. Researching ipod connections vi a various methods. what I want is to 1. control volume and skip songs via steering wheel, 2. be able to do the same via console 3. have use of LCD screen that shows song playing and also play the video or movies i have on my ipod.

the obtions i have found are the 1. Isimple gateway connection 2. USA spec 3.Nissan OEM IPOD connection kit on everythingG35 website, 4. using a RCA cable that is connected via the plugs inside the armrest.

My questions are,
1. which is the best of these?
2. Are there any other obtions?
3. which one is the simplest and cleanest connection?(not a fan or wires all over the place)
4. can someone make a table of the connection obtions for 2007+ G sedans with the negatives and positives? that would clean up some of the confusion with all the threads.
1. The simplest connection is RCA, but that would obviously not allow iPod to be controlled via steering wheel. It will allow you to to watch the videos when in park. I have the iSimple, and there other posters who have a factory nav but neither (AFAIK) allows a video connection.
2. Other options unfortunately involve buying a 08+ G with a premium package
3. iSimple was installed pretty cleanly (the iPod is in the glove box, out of sight). I think the situation is the same with Nissan factory integration. Prior to iSimple, I was using the Apple composite A/V cable and kept my iPhone hidden in the armrest.
4. Alas, I did not do the install myself so can't help you here. Best I can do is link to the the .PDF from iSimple site which contains iSimple install info for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by dohturdima
I agree that iSimple is far from a perfect solution, but I am still pretty happy with mine despite agreeing with most of what you said above. The volume on the iPod is attenuated but is plenty loud when I adjusted my iPod settings. I haven't noticed the volume attenuation as much of an issue when switching back to Sirius, but there is a delay of ~2 seconds even after iSimple switched to Sirius until I am successfully able to select a station.

One thing that I found rather annoying is inability to skip forward/back through the track using the dash controls (can only do that if the ipod controls the playback, which defeats the purpose of using the integration).

Once (and if) you decide to switch to factory integration from iSimple, please post a comparison review.
hey, sorry for the delay in replying but i haven't been on much due to my work hours.

i have gone through two separate iSimple modules and two separate iPod connectors (the first one they sent me would heat up to 148 degrees (yes i measured it) and i burned myself on it the first time since i didn't know. the customer service is great but the equipment stinks and they still have no answer as to why the unit attenuates my iPod volume and SAT radio volume, which is a real pain. changing iPod settings doesn't help the issue. you can't even install their drivers if you have vista so i would have to borrow a friends computer to update the module.

Also the steering wheel skip is a joke. "press and hold for 3 seconds". i'm sorry but in the world of modern electronics i don't think a "press and release" is much to ask. anyway, thats my main complaint aside from being cumbersome to switch ipod playlists or from iPod to SAT while driving.

im still hoping to do a factory integration this spring/summer. if i do i will keep you informed.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:08 AM
I bought the kit for my 07 g35 sedan and for some reason I can not access any playlists or artist. The only thing I can do is scroll through a playlist that is already selected on my ipod. When it's playing a song it says searching and never stops even when the songs title is displayed. I'm frustrated and don't know what's wrong with it.