Stock sound system amp location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock sound system amp location

Is there an amp in our stock head unit for the 2nd gen sedans? I tapped into the signals on the headunit for the front left and right along with the acc for remote to send to my JBL ms-8. Problem is the ms-8 cant detect the signal for claibration. If i dont do the cd calibration it still plays the music from the headunit just sounds like crap since its not fixing the eq to be flat. I'm thinking its too low of a single and i need to pull it from the stock amp if there is one.

Has any one had experience with the JBL ms-8 in our cars? I tried to put it in the high level and low level rca inputs yet i cant calibrate the unit. 800$ for a unit that claims to be able to make the stock system sound great when it cant even calibrate.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
the non-Bose system has an amp built into the head unit itself. is your amp saying it can't locate the sound signals or some other signal? something sounds like you may have tapped an incorrect wire...

Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
the non-Bose system has an amp built into the head unit itself. is your amp saying it can't locate the sound signals or some other signal? something sounds like you may have tapped an incorrect wire...
The way the ms-8 works to un-eq the headunit is that it looks for a signal from the aduio disc that comes with it. If i bypass this the audio plays from my headunit through the ms8 DSP and into the amp. But it is not a flat signal, so it still has that factory eq going on. I dont know if the head unit is out of range for the ms-8 it shouldnt be since o see others who have done the same install. I tried connecting it to high level inputs and low level inputs. Also if i bypass the ms-8 dsp the jl amp picks up the signal as well. Just wont pickup the signal for cd calibration to un-eq the headunit.....

Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by gokalper
The way the ms-8 works to un-eq the headunit is that it looks for a signal from the aduio disc that comes with it. If i bypass this the audio plays from my headunit through the ms8 DSP and into the amp. But it is not a flat signal, so it still has that factory eq going on. I dont know if the head unit is out of range for the ms-8 it shouldnt be since o see others who have done the same install. I tried connecting it to high level inputs and low level inputs. Also if i bypass the ms-8 dsp the jl amp picks up the signal as well. Just wont pickup the signal for cd calibration to un-eq the headunit.....
interesting....so this may be an obvious question but have you turned the sound enhancement option on/off on the head unit to see if that changes anything?