2008 g35x No audio!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 g35x No audio!

Hello everyone,
new member to this forum and a new infiniti driver also!

Anyways so heres the story, having my car for about a week I drive to the plant site I work at where there are no plug ins for my block heater. At the time it was around -35 Celsius and working for 12 hours, my battery crapped out (right before I was planning to replace it)

So some guys come to help with boosting my car, I was in the drivers seat and they were hooking everything up. Well one of the guys messed up and hooked the batteries incorrectly (opposite leads) and blew fuses. After that my smart key wasn't being recognized by my car so I had to tow my g which I had for only a week (it really sucked) to the dealership.
At the dealership they changed out the fusible link, allowing for my smart key to work properly, car was running fine and no problems with using the key.
Only problem now was that they found out my headlights were out and there was no audio.
They check everything out and find out a fuse blew for the headlights, changed that out and everything was good. I had to go back to work (this being a few days later) so I took out my car with no audio

On the deck everything is fine, it shows that I am connected to a radio frequency and also show what song is being played (no radio problem). When I put the volume up and down nothing happens ( I hear no cracks or any noise at all). Tried putting in a CD and used the AUX cord on my ipod but again nothing. My stock bose audio setup was perfectly fine before the boost.
I checked out the audio fuses on the drivers side kick panel, and next to the battery, changed them out to see if it had any luck but still nothing. (fuses looked like they were still good even though I changed them out)

Anybody on this site have a similar problem or might know a probable cause and fix? I thought Id try this forum first before heading back to the shop just for audio, really would appreciate it

Oh ya, forgot to mention that everything else electronic is working fine like climate control, seats, etc.

Last edited by SwissQ; 03-17-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:24 AM
I have an issue with my audio...some days when I start the car, no sound comes through...everything is on, but like you says volume up and down but no sound. If I turn off the engine and start again, audio would work fine...not too sure what the problem is

Old 03-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Yeah I tried switchin the car on and off with the engine and thru just switching it to acc but no luck with any audio at all since the incident

Old 03-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Do you have the Bose system? You may have blown the amplifier fuse. Double check all your fuses to be sure.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
Do you have the Bose system? You may have blown the amplifier fuse. Double check all your fuses to be sure.
Yep I have the stock bose system, I'm not too familiar with G's or pretty much any audio setup so I wasn't too sure what to look for.
I was talking to other people though and they did say to check for the amp fuse. Would that be right on the amp or is it located somewhere else

Old 03-23-2014, 05:02 AM
Oh nevermind found it, missed it the first time I went through the drivers side panel

Old 03-23-2014, 07:50 AM
-fixed
Burnt amp fuse

Old 03-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissQ
-fixed
Burnt amp fuse
BAM! glad to hear you got it fixed.