Infiniti bbk from G37S fit perfect on my 08 Journey??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti bbk from G37S fit perfect on my 08 Journey??

Can i just swap over my brakes to the infiniti bbk from the g37s w/o and adapters or problems???

THanks guys!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its been asked and answered 100 times

Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
yes

Old 02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
101 times.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do some need an adapter then for our sedans?

Guess it doesn;t

Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only pre 07 sedans need adapters.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Unless you're going to track the car, IIRC the consensus was that it wasn't worth the price to upgrade.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:50 AM
^These brakes are not for tracking brotha
A g37 is a not a track car, wasn't meant to be. Just a sports a car with nice brakes that are a bit stronger. There is nothing wrong with that lol

For the price, its a great upgrade.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^....i agree. For what you would pay for a new set of oem rotors and pads for both front and rear, the cost of the full G37 kit is well worth it when you are getting brand new 14" rotors vs G35S 13" and G35 journey 12". Plus Upgraded 4 piston calipers up front, vs 2. And new calipers for the rear. For the cost, it is both an effective, and nice upgrade in appearence and not to mention it increases the safety of the vehicle

Old 02-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I swore I read that the only real benefit was reduced brake fade, and that stopping distances were the same or even a little worse with the kit (let me find the thread later).

As far as tracking the car, the g is by no means a track car, but there will be the occassonal "weekend warrior" or the guy who goes a few times a year. That's the person I was referring to when I when I meant tracking the car, as hardly anyone would be willing to (or could justify) dropping 3k+ on a brembo gt kit.

Considering the kit is 12-1400 bucks and still requiring 19" wheels, IMO it's not a cost effective upgrade at all

Old 02-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
You read correctly that the stopping distance did not improve. That is certainly an important thing to look at when considering brakes, but it's not the only. The difference was minor so it's not worth worrying about. The benefits do outweigh the loss of a few feet in stopping distance.

I don't remember reading that it required 19" wheels though. The kit comes on the new 09 G37 Sport with 18" wheels.
The issue isn't in the diameter of the wheel, but the offset and whether or not the wheel itself clears the caliper. If it hits, it won't be by much. A 10-20MM spacer will fix the issue.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
You read correctly that the stopping distance did not improve. That is certainly an important thing to look at when considering brakes, but it's not the only. The difference was minor so it's not worth worrying about. The benefits do outweigh the loss of a few feet in stopping distance.

I don't remember reading that it required 19" wheels though. The kit comes on the new 09 G37 Sport with 18" wheels.
The issue isn't in the diameter of the wheel, but the offset and whether or not the wheel itself clears the caliper. If it hits, it won't be by much. A 10-20MM spacer will fix the issue.
Thanks for the clarification (saves me the search ), but that's what I was debating about:

If the stopping distance does not improve (which is one of the main reasons you upgrade brakes IMO), then the only advantage is the fade resistance they offer over the stock brakes. The only time one would really see or take advantage of that loss of fade is on a track, not on the street (hence the point I was trying to make).

Also, the 09' sport comes with the 10 spoke 19's, which are required to fit the Akebonos. Rick@Riverside told me (IIRC) that the fronts would fit with the 18's, but the rears would need a 15mm spacer at the minimum (it may be the other way around but I'm not sure). I personally would be weary of running a 15mm spacer on the rear without lengthening the studs, but that's just me.

One also has to consider the weight the car will gain from the brakes.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
Thanks for the clarification (saves me the search ), but that's what I was debating about:

If the stopping distance does not improve (which is one of the main reasons you upgrade brakes IMO), then the only advantage is the fade resistance they offer over the stock brakes. The only time one would really see or take advantage of that loss of fade is on a track, not on the street (hence the point I was trying to make).

Also, the 09' sport comes with the 10 spoke 19's, which are required to fit the Akebonos. Rick@Riverside told me (IIRC) that the fronts would fit with the 18's, but the rears would need a 15mm spacer at the minimum (it may be the other way around but I'm not sure). I personally would be weary of running a 15mm spacer on the rear without lengthening the studs, but that's just me.

One also has to consider the weight the car will gain from the brakes.
I believe the front many need a 15mm spacer, since thats the biggest caliper.
You wouldn't have to lengthen the studs at all. I'm sure you be just fine. I'll be doing this mod as well and I did a lot of research.

The distance measured was on a G37s coupe wasn't it?
Which is like 2-300 pounds heavier, that probably explains the distance being longer lol

These brakes are heavier than the OEM 14 on the G35S, but I'm sure there wont be a difference. Almost all BBKs are really heavy, or else they wouldn't have all that power to stop.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
From what i read it decreased the stopping distance by like 2 feet, so maybe it would be safer, reduced fade and better brake pedal feel, plus you have to say looks amazing compared to the stock ones. Lol but you if want just for looks get the ricer brembo plastic covers hahaha.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Hahaha, i've seen those all over here in LA lol
I can't stop laughing when i see them on beater civics with pep-boy rims

You can make the brakes perform much better.
I'm going to buy my brakes at Riverside and also get braided and sealed brake-lines, with Project Mu brake pads, and 2 piece rotora drilled/slotted rotors. It'll look great and perform great.

I'm going to be tracking my car very soon by a track by where my friend works, but i need brakes. These 13" brakes aren't that good when they get hot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti bbk from G37S fit perfect on my 08 Journey??