Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Yo Rick. You still gonna try and make the Autobac's / Hooter's meet tonight?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I know all of you have been waiting anxiously for an update on my drop.

Well, after about 3 weeks and almost 1K miles, I think my springs have fully settled in. They stayed pretty much the same for the past week, so I don't think much will change now. The Tanabe springs ended up dropping the car pretty evenly all around... final drop figures are right around .90" for all 4 corners (R was actually closer to .85"). I think the drop turned out perferctly and I am VERY happy with the look... I'm still just not so sure I'm happy with the ride just yet. Although the springs seem to be a little less bouncy now than when I first installed them, maybe because they are settled now or maybe I'm just getting used to them, but I'm still not fully pleased with the ride... of course, like most of you, I am probably overly picky when it comes to my car. LOL

Here's are some updated pics that I just took yesterday.

Name:  DSC00684.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  172.2 KB
Name:  DSC00685.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  179.8 KB
Name:  DSC00687.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  184.5 KB
Name:  DSC00689.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  194.9 KB
Name:  DSC00691.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  136.2 KB
Name:  DSC00692.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  145.5 KB
Name:  DSC00690.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  138.0 KB
Name:  DSC00694.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  197.4 KB
Name:  DSC00696.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  174.7 KB
Name:  DSC00700.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  166.2 KB
Name:  DSC00699.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  180.0 KB

Old 03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Hey A, when you can bro, do me a favor and measure the distances shown in the pic (from the top of the wheel cap to the fender, front and back).

I'm trying to get an idea of how much I lowered the car.

Thanks man.

Attached Thumbnails Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs-adrian.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good the wheels are nice and flush, on the Non X are the rear wheels the same width as the front wheels?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
Hey A, when you can bro, do me a favor and measure the distances shown in the pic (from the top of the wheel cap to the fender, front and back).

I'm trying to get an idea of how much I lowered the car.

Thanks man.
Hey san... 13-5/16" in front and 13" even in the rear.

Originally Posted by Csquared
Looks good the wheels are nice and flush, on the Non X are the rear wheels the same width as the front wheels?
Nope, they aren't the same... the non-X G35S's have a staggered set-up... 18" x 8.5" wheels in the rear and 18" x 7.5" wheels up front.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hey san... 13-5/16" in front and 13" even in the rear.
Thanks bro.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Although the springs seem to be a little less bouncy now than when I first installed them, maybe because they are settled now or maybe I'm just getting used to them, but I'm still not fully pleased with the ride... of course, like most of you, I am probably overly picky when it comes to my car. LOL
Can you explain this a little further? What are you 'not fully pleased' with? When comparing to stock, are they bouncier in general, rougher or what's the prob?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
The pics look awesome, but I'm also not liking your description of the ride.
Nobody complains about the Eibachs.
Would you suggest those over these?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2Go....pics of your car makes me angry...why you ask? 1. its sunny all day, every day in cali 2. my IP looks like trash compared to your IP b/c your car is super clean. lol, im just green w/ jealousy.
anyway, car is looking great as usual esp w/ the drop...now you just need your aftermarket wheels

Old 03-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your drop is picture perfect =)

Unfortunately, the way you have described how those springs are is a deal breaker for me :S I wont like a bouncier feel compared to stockers.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know that the X stands a bit higher than the S model. so does anyone know if these spings will lower the X more or less compared to the pics from 2gornot2g?

2g - your stance is what i want, your car is hot.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 PM
The springs set the height, so your X would look the same way once installed.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by G35xQX1
2Go....pics of your car makes me angry...why you ask? 1. its sunny all day, every day in cali
Yeah, but isn't CA starting to get little mini shocks? I heard that you guys are about to break off and sink into the Pacific.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
The springs set the height, so your X would look the same way once installed.
will these springs fit the X? wouldn't the springs lower my car about an inch.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by sredish
Can you explain this a little further? What are you 'not fully pleased' with? When comparing to stock, are they bouncier in general, rougher or what's the prob?
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
The pics look awesome, but I'm also not liking your description of the ride.
Nobody complains about the Eibachs.
Would you suggest those over these?
Sorry guys.. I had posted a pretty thorough description of the ride previously, so I didn't feel like going overly in-depth again.... but since you guys asked, here's the jist of it again... The springs seem to be quick a bit softer than the factory springs, at least initially until, so the car tends to be a little more bouncy over bups and expansion joints However, once you went into a turn hard and loaded up the suspension it firms up very nicely. The car also pulls into the bumps pretty noticeably, when it never did this before with the stock springs. I suspect this is most due to the progressive rate springs and now that the suspension is fully settled in, it is not nearly as noticeable. Maybe I'm just beingoverly picky, though, as I've since let several other people drive my car and nobody notices the issues I'm having, other than myself of course. LOL

I haven't driven in a G with the Eibach springs, so I can't compare, but I have driven Travis' (KulG35) G with the new Tein Flex coil-overs on it and it is completely different animal... not only does it handle better then my car, which is expected, but it also rides MUCH better too.

Originally Posted by G35xQX1
2Go....pics of your car makes me angry...why you ask? 1. its sunny all day, every day in cali 2. my IP looks like trash compared to your IP b/c your car is super clean. lol, im just green w/ jealousy.
anyway, car is looking great as usual esp w/ the drop...now you just need your aftermarket wheels
Hehe... Thanks, man... I remember living in the Chicago area well and I can tell you one thing... I don't miss it one bit this time of the year. LOL... You just can't beat 75 and sunny almost every day of the year.

Aftermarket wheels are definitely on the way... just waiting for my tax return and then I just have to decide which wheels to go with.

Originally Posted by Wes_888
Your drop is picture perfect =)

Unfortunately, the way you have described how those springs are is a deal breaker for me :S I wont like a bouncier feel compared to stockers.
Thanks, Wes... I'm definitely happy with the look of the drop... It turned out just about perfect. The lip is still "just" high enough to cear most parking blocks, but most of the gap is gone.

The springs are actually much better than when I first installed them, but I'm still not fully happy with them. You might want to see if you can find someone in your area that has these springs on their G, so you can ride with them first before making a decision.. Who knows, you may be completely happy with them...

Originally Posted by Lucky_One
I know that the X stands a bit higher than the S model. so does anyone know if these spings will lower the X more or less compared to the pics from 2gornot2g?

The factory ride height for the X is slightly higher than the standard G, so you would actually get a slighly more of a drop out of these spings than what I got, but you should end up with basically the same front and rear gap as me, so you should end up with basically the same look.

2g - your stance is what i want, your car is hot.
Thanks, man... I appreciate the nice words.

I love the stance too.. I was actually coming out of the grocery store today and walking towards my car in the parking lot and couldn't help but think to myself how much better it looks with the drop an the wheels spacers... what a nice transformation from just a couple of simple mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs