Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Awesome!! Definitely post some pics ASAP... We want to see them now. LOL

I'm curious, how much drop did you get in the rear. I'm hoping that they don't drop the full 1.3" in the rear, so the car will have a more level look.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
^ Awesome! Did you get the springs from RIck @ Riverside on the group buy, or did you get them from the other supplier?

Make sure to let us know what you think once you get them installed!
Got them from SP Engineering in City of Industry. The springs were the same price as Riverside and they install them for much cheaper. Riverside wanted $120/spring to install.
Will take some pics of before and after.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by frybecker
Riverside wanted $120/spring to install.

Per Spring???

Holy crap!

Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
^^Yeah man service is expensive, that's what they charge, I told him straight out what the price on that labor was, some stuff is just worth doing yourself IMHO.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
What size do we need to use for the isolators?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Awesome!! Definitely post some pics ASAP... We want to see them now. LOL

I'm curious, how much drop did you get in the rear. I'm hoping that they don't drop the full 1.3" in the rear, so the car will have a more level look.
One thing you can do in the rear to gain a little height is what we did with the 1st gen rears with some springs.

Remove the upper spring mount rubber thingy.
& insert a piece of lexan or similar material, max about 3/8" (donut shaped to fit)
then put the rubber mount back.

There used to be a supplier that made these, but I can't find them anymore.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribed. Cant wait to see the drops!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by frybecker
Found a place in here in So Cal that supplys and installs the NF210 springs for under $375. Just placed my order for and they will be installed next week.
D@mn, wish I hd know you were looking for one place that would do both. Lou at Amplified Motorsport in Monterey Park quoted me $330 installed, but I wanted to do the install myself and my buddy Rick over @ Riverside had (has, if he's got any left) by far the best price for just the springs... ($225, I think).

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 02-27-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
One thing you can do in the rear to gain a little height is what we did with the 1st gen rears with some springs.

Remove the upper spring mount rubber thingy.
& insert a piece of lexan or similar material, max about 3/8" (donut shaped to fit)
then put the rubber mount back.

There used to be a supplier that made these, but I can't find them anymore.
Thanks man... I like the lexan idea. 3/8" is probably all it will take. I had planned to use the "flat" type Energy Suspension Polyurethane isolators and intall them above the factory upper rubber isolator / bump stop, just like you are talking about. I'll take a better look at it when I have it apart to install the springs and see what will work the best.

Thanks again for the ideas!

Originally Posted by Wes_888
Subscribed. Cant wait to see the drops!
Should have the Tanabe's on ths weekend or sometime next week. Just need to find a spare couple of hours to do it. LOL

Originally Posted by G35 {skyline}
What size do we need to use for the isolators?
The isolators should be about 4" - 4-1/4" i.d. an 5-1/4" - 5-1/2" o.d. I won't know what thickness I need to go with until I intall the springs and can measure the drop / gap. I'm guessing maybe a 3/8" thick one would work well.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Here is a pic with the spring boosters on the rear. They helped with the saggy bum issue somewhat, but i am not completely satisfied so i am going to try out some rear g35 coupe springs. The boosters seemed to help with my camber issues too.

Attached Thumbnails Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs-spring-booster.jpg  

Last edited by Infin35; 03-08-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Just another pic with the boosters. I have an extra set of spring boosters so i might see if installing them will lift it a bit more.

Attached Thumbnails Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs-spring-boosters-r-l.jpg  
Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I read some guy just put the lowering springs on the front and because of the springs not being the same it messed up his driving dynamics would this happen if you placed spring boosters on the rear?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
It shouldn't since your spring rates will remain the same. I think the reason that it messed up the dynamics is because of different spring rates.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Spring boosters should really effect the driving dynamics of the car, as kejolly mentioned, this is more due to the spring rates being to light or possibly even way too stiff for the car... Th boosters can effectively reduce overall travel, that's why I will be using spring isolators (just like the factory ones, but thicker) instead, if I end up needing them.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks again to Rick at Riverside Infiniti for hooking me up with a great deal on these springs!

Just finally got time to install these springs on Saturday.

Overall the install was pretty straight forward.. The rear are SO easy it's not even funny, but the fronts are a little bit of a biatch, though... Took me a little over an hour to do the fronts and about 30 - 45 minutes to do the rears. No special tools are required to do the rear (but you will need a goofloor jack), but you will need a spring compressor tool for the fronts... for both removal of the stock springs AND the install of the new springs.

First impressions.... After only about 200 miles on the car, the car is sitting perfectly level. So far the springs have lowered the car about .80" in the front and .70" in the rear. I doubt the springs have fully settled in, so I plan to check again this weekend, but if this is any idication, I may not need the spring isolators to level the rear, as the springs have actually lowered the car more in the front than in the rear. The springs are ever so slightly stiffer than stock... just cruising you really can't tell any difference, but they did help eliminate the remaining lean (what was left after the Hotchkis sways) when cornering... the car now corners virtually flat, even when pushed to the point of oversteer.

So far I am very happy with them... We'll see if the car is still nice and level after a week or two and I will give an update then.

In the mean time, I will post some before and after pics later today or tonight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs