The V36 Coilover info thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Anyone running the new JIC FLT-TAR VIP's with the lower spring rates yet?
Mine are going in this week.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by awes_oner
any reviews or opinions on megan coilovers?
Megan seems to be a love/hate from all the reviews I've read. Some have had absolutely no problems, while others got the dreaded rattle that would never go away.

IIRC, they were supposed to have engineered a fix for that problem. If they did, and if it's gone, they're a great bang/buck setup.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by MoCoG
Mine are going in this week.
Awesome! Let us know how it goes!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Awesome! Let us know how it goes!
So far, it's gone like &@#*$^#. JIC shipped the wrong front units, and I've been waiting since Wednesday for the "overnighted" replacements to arrive. Now the guy from JIC is ducking phone calls and e-mails.

Needless to say, I'm more than a little pissed. If the sways and rear coilovers weren't already installed, I'd be tempted to ship the whole damn set back at JIC's expense. As it is, my car has now been tying up a friend's lift for 3 days, and I have to skip the 350z mountain run this weekend.

For the record, this isn't Acute Performance's fault - Michael has been great through all this, but he's obviously in no position to fix this. JIC has to do it.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I've spoken with JIC quite a bit about this and they have designed new front brackets for the VIP's on the V36 sedan, but the new brackets won't be available until next month sometime. If you use the current bracket, it will work, but the car will be VERY low, even with the front coils at the max height.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I've spoken with JIC quite a bit about this and they have designed new front brackets for the VIP's on the V36 sedan, but the new brackets won't be available until next month sometime. If you use the current bracket, it will work, but the car will be VERY low, even with the front coils at the max height.
It would have been nice if JIC had said something to that effect BEFORE shipping the @#&^#$ stuff. I just got "temporary" replacements for the front lower mounts, but they only consist of the actual bearing-style mount, with about 1.5" of thread. This bracket is way shorter than the one on the struts at the moment, so they'll will effectively be useless. My front end will be barely off the ground, and that's not an option on our roads.

I'm going back to the stock suspension until the replacements are in, and I can guarantee I'll never buy another product from JIC. Not only are they incompetent, but it took them 3 business days to get me replacement parts that I can't even use. Not once did they discuss the design flaw that made the fronts useless. If the coilovers weren't so well designed otherwise, I'd be shipping the whole lot back. To say I'm frustrated would be the understatement of the decade.

I have to reiterate that Michael at Acute Performance is not to blame for this mess. This has been JIC's doing, and they've done a **** poor job of making good on it.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
That's really surprising that they could screw that up so badly.
Since the -TAR are fine

Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by intgr8r
that's really surprising that they could screw that up so badly.
since the -tar are fine
+1.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ BTW I just love these coils now that they're settled in.
The 12kg / 8kg springs are perfect IMO
....not sure how the new 10/8 setup will be.
It'd be nice to have the option to pick.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 09-16-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I forget...who has the Tein Mono-Flex w/EDFC? Have been keeping my eye on these for a while. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Woooooow woooo woooo hold on there, are you telling me that the JIC FLT-TAR's will not fit as it currently is??? please tell me I got something wrong here, mine have been sitting in storage for the past 2 months and I'm about to get around to installing them would I need some sort extra parts?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think he's refering to the vip version:

http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct1.aspx?ProductID=34

Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by kmuniz78
I forget...who has the Tein Mono-Flex w/EDFC? Have been keeping my eye on these for a while. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Travis has/had them. I don't know if he stripped the car, as he was thinking of selling it.

Originally Posted by Defratos
Woooooow woooo woooo hold on there, are you telling me that the JIC FLT-TAR's will not fit as it currently is??? please tell me I got something wrong here, mine have been sitting in storage for the past 2 months and I'm about to get around to installing them would I need some sort extra parts?
Maz, you spaz, you're fine. He was talking about the VIP version, not the FLT-TARs. I wouldn't point you in the wrong direction

Last edited by E-Ticket Ride; 09-15-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:10 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Looool sweet, thanks dude I nearly had a nervous brake down dude, I'm so looking forward to fitting them, especially since I'd be fitting them myself, got me a car lift

Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by kmuniz78
I think your referring to Travis, aka KulG35... He has the prototype TEIN Flex coilovers with the EDFC on his G, however, he has the standard Flex units, and not the Mono Flex units. Either way, I've driven his car and these things are simply awesome. I have been waiting on them for 9 or 10 months now, but finally gave up and decided to work with JIC to come out with a set of VIP FLT-TAR's for our cars. I've currently got the JIC's, but have to wait 3 - 4 weeks more for the corrected front brackets.

Originally Posted by Defratos
Don't worry, Maz, the standard FLT-TAR's will work fine. There are many guys running them on the V36 G's with no problems. As San and the others already mentioned... I was referring to the VIP version of the FLT-TAR's. This is only an issue with the VIP version since these are a brand new design (less than 2 weeks old) for the V36 cars.

Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
Travis has/had them. I don't know if he stripped the car, as he was thinking of selling it.
Nope, he's still got them and is no longer selling his car! He was able to pull off the purchase of his first house without selling the G, so he is VERY happy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The V36 Coilover info thread