VDC light & SLIP light ON,added brake fluid , no help !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SANTOS29
WOW Op you are really rude and should go somewhere else for your question, since you don't want anyone guessing; btw guessing is also known as "TROUBLESHOOTING", I'm "Guessing" you are not familiar with the term.z
dude, your even worse than the people "guessing". You replied to this thread with nothing whatsoever to offer. Sorry bro, go troubleshoot someone else's thread. I never asked for someone to "troubleshoot" my problem. I want a direct answer on what the problem is. If you dont know, dont reply, simple as that.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Chris, How many miles are on your car right now and have the brakes even been worked on in the past?
If they have, what was done? Pads, rotors turned, etc...
Also, did you buy this new or are you the second owner?

Listen, we're all here to help each other. I know you are very frustrated right now and I don't blame you, but you need to direct your frustration away from those who are trying to help you. Yes, some people toss in what you would consider useless info. Take it for what it is and move on to the next bit of info. As all these guesses pour in and you answer questions, it begins to create a detailed picture of what's actually happening.

We'll get this figured out soon, as long as you don't make enemies out of everyone trying to help you first.

Please post back with answers to these questions.
bought the car new 2008 G35 sport sedan.
no work done to brakes, except the turning of the front rotors, and this was due to the pulsating,warped feeling of them. Dealer always try's to rig ****. As soon as i left the dealer, the brakes fely EXACTLY the same, warped as *****.
the lights coming on has got nothing to do with the brakes anyway. The lights will come on sometimes driving at highway speeds going from 3rd gear to 4th gear, 65mph-80 mph. WTF, i then have to pull over and turn the car off and reset the computer. Like i said, if dealer cant fix it, its gonna be on their used car lot, at their expense.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by SANTOS29
WOW Op you are really rude and should go somewhere else for your question, since you don't want anyone guessing; btw guessing is also known as "TROUBLESHOOTING", I'm "Guessing" you are not familiar with the term.z
also, quoted from my original post :

"Does anyone here know what the solution to fix this crap is ???"

NOT, " guess what could be wrong with my car"

Old 09-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Christopher____
The lights will come on sometimes driving at highway speeds going from 3rd gear to 4th gear, 65mph-80 mph. WTF, i then have to pull over and turn the car off and reset the computer. Like i said, if dealer cant fix it, its gonna be on their used car lot, at their expense.
Again, I know this has you ticked off, but you can't jump to conclusions.
Believe it or not, the brakes have EVERYTHING to do with those lights coming on and I had this same problem. Highway speeds and all, give a little more gas and boom... light goes on.

A lot of us here have seen this and a few of us have even topped off the fluid to no avail... believe it or not, a few more drops may do the trick.
Where, exactly, is the brake fluid level right now? I ask because as your brakes wear, the fluid drops as the caliper piston has to come out further to compensate. The dealer also turned your rotors which also causes more piston to be out. More piston... less fluid in the res.
I know you said you topped it off and I trust you know what you are doing, but there are 5-10 people here in this forum who have topped off the res to have the light stay on and then add a few more drops to correct the problem.

Take another look and see if you have room for more fluid.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
You know what dude, I apologise for guessing. Hopefully some one who can diagnose the problem over the internet can help you out.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has nothing to do with brake. It does not go in limp mode with brake problem. Check engine light is not a sign of the brake wear. Slip and VDC is.

Nobody can tell you what the prblem is till you get your car diagnosed by infiniti.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
It has nothing to do with brake. It does not go in limp mode with brake problem. Check engine light is not a sign of the brake wear. Slip and VDC is.

Nobody can tell you what the prblem is till you get your car diagnosed by infiniti.
Ya know what.. you may be right. If the Slip is staying on, that's an issue only Infiniti can diagnose.
If the slip only comes on quickly and goes away, it could be normal. I know I see my Slip light from time to time during spirited take-offs.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:28 PM
im gonna try to add brake fluid till there is no air whatsoever inside the reservoir.
ill report back with the results.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
funny how the dealer has computers to give them an error code and they still can't figure it out. FAIL DEALERS!!! I don't know man, I've spun my wheels the first few gears before. Could be that but if when you throttle, you might have a problem with a sensor?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bought the car new 2008 G35 sport sedan.
no work done to brakes, except the turning of the front rotors, and this was due to the pulsating,warped feeling of them. Dealer always try's to rig ****. As soon as i left the dealer, the brakes fely EXACTLY the same, warped as *****.
the lights coming on has got nothing to do with the brakes anyway. The lights will come on sometimes driving at highway speeds going from 3rd gear to 4th gear, 65mph-80 mph. WTF, i then have to pull over and turn the car off and reset the computer. Like i said, if dealer cant fix it, its gonna be on their used car lot, at their expense.
Have you hooked up an OBD reader to see if you have any codes related to ABS sensors?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Sounds like you should a) be thankful for the people trying to help you, and b) take it to a different dealer.
I'll add c) take a pill.

Why get so worked up over one visit that didn't fix the problem? Take it to another dealer and have them diagnose it. Cars have problems just like most other things whether they're relatively new or not.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I'll add
d) will the pill fix my slip light & vdc light ?
e) if not revert to,please leave my thread.
f) see (e) if you didnt understand (d)

now, once again, my wtf dance.DOMO

Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Chris, did you ever find a solution to this or is it still haunting you?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Chris, did you ever find a solution to this or is it still haunting you?
BOO......

still hauntin me.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BOO......

still hauntin me.
Christopher,

Have you had any codes? If something trips the check engine light it seems like that should leave a code. Keep in mind that abs codes however may need a reader capable of reading abs codes, not the average OBD reader.

I have read about others who had their rotors turned and ended up with abs sensors not being able to see the rotors which then triggers the lights.

Does this sound like your car?:

http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-...-starting.html

Note this is a 350z but it is a kissing cousin.

I just read another post that stated in their case it ended up being a throttle body. Not something that is simple to diagnose over the net even if the lights are the same.

But the one clue that you state is that you turned the rotors. Also you mention when you open it up a little bit. Some have reported the problem occurs at greater than 75% throttle position.

In any case if you have a check engine light the code that triggers it should be able to be read.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VDC light & SLIP light ON,added brake fluid , no help !!!!!!