VDC light & SLIP light ON,added brake fluid , no help !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC light & SLIP light ON,added brake fluid , no help !!!!!!

just as the title states , the VDC & SLIP light come on when i gas it hard, and even sometimes at 3/4 throttle, WTF ??????

i've added brake fluid, NOTHING !!!!!!!
I've taken it to the dealer, they changed a control module, computer related. As soon as i leave the dealer, it happens again. THIS **** is getting OLD, REAL QUICK !!!!!!
I'm SO EFFIN PISSED right now. I changed my rear tires awhile back, but they are the same size, so im not sure if this could be throwing off the computer, etcc. ??? I dont think it would .

Does anyone here know what the solution to fix this crap is ???

I've already read up on alot of post about it, and heres the results.

1.top off brake fluid,NO work
2. dealer replaced computer module behind battery, NO good.
3. some people say brake switch ?
4. some people say brakes, WTF ?????

Someone help me here before i redline this POS and drop it in DRIVE.

thank you( in a calm voice)

Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM
hmm maybe you need an alignment, did you lowered your vehicle recently?, or maybe the rims might not be balance properly. I know my lights came on when I needed the alignment after I lowered it, but not sure if this is related..

Old 09-11-2009, 05:46 PM
not lowered, stock everything. car is bone effin stock !!!
Front disc seem warped, or tires are feathering though.
dealer turned disc, but whop, whop, whop sound is still there.
my front brakes or tires are making this sound, "
whop whop whopwhopwhopwhopwhop "

dealer said tires are feathering, WTF #2
DOMO let me do my WTF dance here

Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
First, moving this to the brakes, suspension and tire sub-forum.

Next - are you getting the slip light only when you hit the gas hard? The G is fairly easy to spin, are you getting wheel spin that the the computer is catching? Or do the lights STAY on?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
First, moving this to the brakes, suspension and tire sub-forum.

Next - are you getting the slip light only when you hit the gas hard? The G is fairly easy to spin, are you getting wheel spin that the the computer is catching? Or do the lights STAY on?
why is this mo9ved to wheel, tire , brake forum ????
that makes no sense at all.
this is a computer glitch related problem ALOT of INFINITIS are having !!! HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!:confu sed2confused2:

and yes, its happening alot, i mean just about everytime i get on the car 3/4 throttle or gun it , it happens from 1st to 2nd gear(automatic), or at 60mph going from 3rd to 4th, WTF ?????????

If infiniti cant fix it the next time around, I'm turning this PILE in. Its a good car except for THIS EFFIN problem, yes rant complete !!!!!11111one

to top it all off, the CHECK engine light will come on 2 out of 5 times its happens along with the slip light and VDC light.
then i have to disconnect the negative battery and reconnect it.

REDLINE and DRIVE DROP here i come, then they'll have something to fix for sure.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does it go back to normal when you turn off the car? Did they read any code when you took it in? Does it go in limp mode? Your best bet would be to take it in again and when they tell you it is fixed. Tell them to go out with you for a ride. Talk to the service manager and calmly tell him how disappointed you are and want this to be fixed. Remeber this is a forum and we did not do anything wrong. Don't try to drop a sh_t bomb here. Your anger will take you nowhere. Just a free advice. Although this is common but do to the brake wear. Which is not Infiniti's problem. Many other cars do the same. 99% of the time it is the brake being worn and the brake fluid level is low. But if you have check engine light it is not a brake likely. Could be throttle body sensor or some other. What do you mean you change your tires and they are same size? Do you have the AWD or the RWD version of the G?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I think you might need new brakes. If you gas hard, or brake hard, the vdc turns off and the slip light turns on as well.

After I got new brakes and rotors, the problem went away.

Did the dealer check your brakes and rotors? When was the last time you changed those items. How many miles on the car, the year of the car, etc etc etc give us the details plz.

As far as the check engine light, it might be the mass air flow sensor. Tell the dealer ship to check the codes, they checked mine, and changed the engine parts under warranty.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Moderation-free
Originally Posted by Christopher____
why is this mo9ved to wheel, tire , brake forum ????
that makes no sense at all.
this is a computer glitch related problem ALOT of INFINITIS are having !!! HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!:confu sed2confused2:
Because the problem you're describing is more related to brakes and tires, than it is to Engine / FI, or your other choices in tech. So since it doesn't belong in the general 2nd gen sedan forum, I moved it here. Please let me know if you have additional questions...

Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 AM
nobody has a real answer, all guesses. i can guess all day too.
ill take it back to the dealer, and ill post what the actual problem was, IF, they can find it , yippieee, here we go again, dealer visits !!!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
nobody has a real answer, all guesses. i can guess all day too.
ill take it back to the dealer, and ill post what the actual problem was, IF, they can find it , yippieee, here we go again, dealer visits !!!!!
For some one asking us for advice and help, you sure are very rude in your way of asking.

All we can do is guess and speculate because we do not have the ability to remotely diagnose your vehicle through our computers. This forum has a plethora of information on infiniti's. If you go through the forum, you will see that people guess and speculate, and usually one of those guesses are correct. That way when you go to the dealer or to a mechanic, you have some information on you so that you don't get screwed and the mechanic can look in the right direction.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by khundkar
For some one asking us for advice and help, you sure are very rude in your way of asking.

All we can do is guess and speculate because we do not have the ability to remotely diagnose your vehicle through our computers. This forum has a plethora of information on infiniti's. If you go through the forum, you will see that people guess and speculate, and usually one of those guesses are correct. That way when you go to the dealer or to a mechanic, you have some information on you so that you don't get screwed and the mechanic can look in the right direction.
sorry if i came off rude, but i would rather have no an swer , than someones guess on what it could be. There are numerous topics on this already with "alot of GUESSES", and im tired of the guessing game. I'm basically looking for someone who had THIS EXACT problem, and with an EXACT FIX. this isnt a topic about brake squeak ,etc... where someone can give a simple resoultion(ie... pads). this is a seriously eff'd up electrical or computer issue. I can understand the computer going into "SLIP" mode, FINE, but when it goes into EFFIN LIMP mode everytime i pull out and 3/4 throttle, something in the computer system is seriously eff'd up. Im just tired of this crap already. I pay good money for this car, and to still have this issue after taking it to the dealer, dissapoints me. They have no clue what teh answer is :, and if it doesnt get fixed the 2nd time around, Im asking for a NEW CAR, period !!
If i want a car that has electrical/comp issues, i woulda got a BMW.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Moderation-free
sorry if i came off rude, but i would rather have no an swer , than someones guess on what it could be. There are numerous topics on this already with "alot of GUESSES", and im tired of the guessing game. I'm basically looking for someone who had THIS EXACT problem, and with an EXACT FIX. this isnt a topic about brake squeak ,etc... where someone can give a simple resoultion(ie... pads). this is a seriously eff'd up electrical or computer issue. I can understand the computer going into "SLIP" mode, FINE, but when it goes into EFFIN LIMP mode everytime i pull out and 3/4 throttle, something in the computer system is seriously eff'd up. Im just tired of this crap already. I pay good money for this car, and to still have this issue after taking it to the dealer, dissapoints me. They have no clue what teh answer is :, and if it doesnt get fixed the 2nd time around, Im asking for a NEW CAR, period !!
If i want a car that has electrical/comp issues, i woulda got a BMW.
Sounds like you should a) be thankful for the people trying to help you, and b) take it to a different dealer.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are your brakes fine? Any judder in the steering wheel when you come to a halt? Because, these warning lights usually come on as an indication that you need your brakes changed. I'm getting the same lights (first the e-brake light comes on and goes off; then the VDC and SLIP light and stay lit) and I know that my brake pads and rotors are gone.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Angry

WOW Op you are really rude and should go somewhere else for your question, since you don't want anyone guessing; btw guessing is also known as "TROUBLESHOOTING", I'm "Guessing" you are not familiar with the term.z

Old 09-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Chris, How many miles are on your car right now and have the brakes even been worked on in the past?
If they have, what was done? Pads, rotors turned, etc...
Also, did you buy this new or are you the second owner?

Listen, we're all here to help each other. I know you are very frustrated right now and I don't blame you, but you need to direct your frustration away from those who are trying to help you. Yes, some people toss in what you would consider useless info. Take it for what it is and move on to the next bit of info. As all these guesses pour in and you answer questions, it begins to create a detailed picture of what's actually happening.

We'll get this figured out soon, as long as you don't make enemies out of everyone trying to help you first.

Please post back with answers to these questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VDC light & SLIP light ON,added brake fluid , no help !!!!!!