Allignment Done after Eibach's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allignment Done after Eibach's

After letting the springs settle for a few weeks, I had an allignment done. I see that the camber is not within specs so I am looking for some input. Do I need a front and rear camber kit? What will the side effects be of not getting the camber kit? If you notice anything else please point out to me as I am new to this.

Thanks

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Allignment.pdf (83.9 KB, 262 views)
Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
You can get away with it if you take most of the front toe out.
You want some neg camber to improve handling.

..just looking at your toe.
They didn't do a very good job with that.
R&L are at opposite ends of the OE range.

Personally I set my fr. toe to 0.00 to help with tire wear & improve turn in.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Are you running the rear on the low end too?

If I ever get these new tires maybe I'll get an alignment done to see if there's some improvement to be had.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Imo, your prolly gonna have to get some kind of kit to fix the front and def. the back end.. thats alot of neg in the rear. I had to get SPC's front and back,, didn't want to but glad i did. once you set the rear with some ones kit you'll be good to go,, and the front,, well i can litterally set my camber by looking at the car!! with the adjustable arm its really easy,, just jack up each side, loosen the 1.16" nut and slide in ( for neg) out for pos. you can also adjust castor if you want, in the front... i am NOT kidding on the eyeballing of the camber,, when i go to the autox track i can dial in what i want,, and when i am done i can set it back for nice wear on the highway.. yes, its not a comp. alignment,, but my basic settings are allready set,,, front toe, and rear toe, and camber.. which i would not mess with......

Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
The camber does not look too bad yet... no neg camber is not that fun...

Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Triton3.5
Imo, your prolly gonna have to get some kind of kit to fix the front and def. the back end.. thats alot of neg in the rear. I had to get SPC's front and back,, didn't want to but glad i did. once you set the rear with some ones kit you'll be good to go,, and the front,, well i can litterally set my camber by looking at the car!! with the adjustable arm its really easy,, just jack up each side, loosen the 1.16" nut and slide in ( for neg) out for pos. you can also adjust castor if you want, in the front... i am NOT kidding on the eyeballing of the camber,, when i go to the autox track i can dial in what i want,, and when i am done i can set it back for nice wear on the highway.. yes, its not a comp. alignment,, but my basic settings are allready set,,, front toe, and rear toe, and camber.. which i would not mess with......
What tool did you end up using to adjust your UCA? I still haven't been able to get my torque wrench on top of that nut!

Maybe there is more room between the tire and the fender on your car because you have an X? On my S, there is no room to crank on a torque wrench even with my tires off the ground and pushing down on the tire. One slip and I would end up with a new fender mod.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Yes you may be right Terry on the car since mines an X ... But yes, i just bought a nice Craftsman 1/2" drive Piviting head, rachet, and all i do is jack up front left, or right,, and i got all kinds of room!!! but yes i do have to be carefull it don't slip off, cause i would dent or damage my fender also,, the nut is fairly low profile,,, but man its nice to be able to dial in any amount of camber at will granted, its not computer measured,, but i have looked at the car SO much, its not hard to figure out how straight up and down the wheel and tire is......

Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I want to bring the negative camber back into spec, what brand camber kit will fix the problem the cheapest? Keep in mind that I have a G37x in case it makes a difference.

Also, if you could pick the ideal amount of camber for street use, what amount would you pick?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Triton3.5
Yes you may be right Terry on the car since mines an X ... But yes, i just bought a nice Craftsman 1/2" drive Piviting head, rachet, and all i do is jack up front left, or right,, and i got all kinds of room!!! but yes i do have to be carefull it don't slip off, cause i would dent or damage my fender also,, the nut is fairly low profile,,, but man its nice to be able to dial in any amount of camber at will granted, its not computer measured,, but i have looked at the car SO much, its not hard to figure out how straight up and down the wheel and tire is......
Ah .. so you're not using a torque wrench - just calibrated arms?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alto101
So if I want to bring the negative camber back into spec, what brand camber kit will fix the problem the cheapest? Keep in mind that I have a G37x in case it makes a difference.

Also, if you could pick the ideal amount of camber for street use, what amount would you pick?
I think SPC maybe the only option right now. SPL might have them, but they are historically more expensive.

For street, just stick within factory spec unless you want to do something with aftermarket wheels. FWIW, mine are set up that way and I don't plan to change them.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes... calibrated arms...lol

Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure we can adjust camber on OEM setup? as i have -1.17 and -1.08 degree...do I need to buy SPC front kit or there is a way to adjust this front??

Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by docaam
Are you sure we can adjust camber on OEM setup? as i have -1.17 and -1.08 degree...do I need to buy SPC front kit or there is a way to adjust this front??
There is no way to directly adjust camber on the stock setup. You may be able to take advantage of the hole clearances by pulling/pushing the strut out as far as possible. You might be able to get closer to spec, but I doubt you would get to nominal.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks will try to get it like you said. but people are saying -1 degree wont affect the tyres that much as long as toe is ZERO degree? is that right

Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
what Terry said on stock adjustments,,, all there is, is toe in front,, the car is gonna handle pretty well indeed with those 19 M's on there, 245/40 right,,, so being your even wider in front now than stock, you may wear the tires > more< than the normal 225 fronts... but i would get the toe spot on and run the car and watch the wear, maybe play with air pressure a little and see what happens.... gl...