Lowering Springs and Camber Kit Combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lowering Springs and Camber Kit Combo

Hey u guys,

I am planning to drop my ride. What is the best Lowering Springs and Camber Kit setup/combo that you would recommend?

I am looking for a drop that will give the front a lower look than the back. And i am looking for drop between 1.0" and 1.5 in the front.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R springs and SPC rear camber arms/toe-bolts. I recommend SPC front upper control arms, but others don't seem to have an issue so YMMV.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
He wants an inch in the front and you recommend H&R?
That's not good advice, unless you're measuring from the ground up!

Joe, I'm not sure what model you are driving so advice is a little tough. The X models seem to sag in the rear a bit more than the RWD models.
Eibach's are gonna give you about an 1.5" drop in the front.
The Tanabe's will be a tad less than than, but they sag in the rear if you have an X.
The Impuls are the perfect drop for your needs, but they cost an arm and a leg to get over here from Japan.... it depends on what you are driving and what you want to spend.

The H&R's will be too low according to your first post.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I suggest you go with the Eibach Pro-Kit. these springs lower the car just enough to get rid of the horrible front gap, and there is very little difference in ride quality except for better handling and less body roll. as for a Camber kit i would also suggest a SPC rear camber kit and toe bolts. I was on the edge of getting H&R and eibach and if you search around they drop the car waaayyyy more than they tell you.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I strongly recommend Eibach Prokit with SPC camber kit. My only wish is that we had aftermarket struts/shocks to go with it--my car feels a little underdamped.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
I suggest you go with the Eibach Pro-Kit. these springs lower the car just enough to get rid of the horrible front gap, and there is very little difference in ride quality except for better handling and less body roll. as for a Camber kit i would also suggest a SPC rear camber kit and toe bolts. I was on the edge of getting H&R and eibach and if you search around they drop the car waaayyyy more than they tell you.

thanks you guys! I have the 08 G35 Journey. I am actually leaning toward the Eibach Pro-Kit after many threads on this forum.

Btw, excuse my ignorant, but how come most of u suggested only the rear camber and not the front? is it b/c we don't 'necessary' need to have front camber kit?

thanks! always appreciate the quick responses.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
you dont necessarily need a front camber kit as it is a little bit adjustable but you dont need it plus it cost over $400 so i dont think its worth it either. since you have a Journey the Eibach drop will be perfect and it will sit more flush if you have aftermarket wheels.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
you dont necessarily need a front camber kit as it is a little bit adjustable but you dont need it plus it cost over $400 so i dont think its worth it either. since you have a Journey the Eibach drop will be perfect and it will sit more flush if you have aftermarket wheels.
i have the G37 Coupe S OEM wheels and spent $200 on each of the Kumho Platinum tires. Plus, since the wheels are staggered, tire rotation is impossible, so just concern about the tire wears if i don't go with a camber kit on the front. How bad is the wear if i don't go with a front camber?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by joesmithf1
i have the G37 Coupe S OEM wheels and spent $200 on each of the Kumho Platinum tires. Plus, since the wheels are staggered, tire rotation is impossible, so just concern about the tire wears if i don't go with a camber kit on the front. How bad is the wear if i don't go with a front camber?
You will see inside tire wear.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by joesmithf1
I've taken my car into a tire shop and had them un-mount the tires, swap them, re-mount, balance and it costs about $45 bucks.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in the same boat when I decided to lowered my G, I only purchased the rear camber and toe kit, because everyone suggested I didn't need the Front Kit, Well after I got my wheels and new tires which each tire cost me $350, you start to do the math on how often you are going to be replacing the front tires, and it finally hits you how inexpencive the front kit by SPC is, imagine changing tires every 1.5 year, just doesn't make sense, btw I finally decided to get the Front kit after my friend that was doing the alignment informed me how out of spec the front was, he refused to do the alignment if i didn't get the front kit first LOL, oh well I haven't looked back, and i'm happy to say the car is set at factory specs.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 PM
how much do the camber kits go for?

The following users liked this post:
youngdip631 (04-05-2016)
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was one of the first peeps with the H&R Sport Springs, and SPC Full camber kit. Have no issues, love the drop, and continue to get compliments to this day about how the car sits.

Lowering Springs and Camber Kit Combo-img_1571.jpg

Lowering Springs and Camber Kit Combo-img_1573.jpg

Lowering Springs and Camber Kit Combo-img_0187.jpg

Just my $0.02. I am sure either you will be happy with.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Great information and response on the springs.

Sorry for been so newbie,
Can anyone explain to me what the hell is CAMBER?
What does it do? Why you need it after lowering the car?

Thanks

Old 02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by flyshot
Great information and response on the springs.

Sorry for been so newbie,
Can anyone explain to me what the hell is CAMBER?
What does it do? Why you need it after lowering the car?

Thanks
Here's something to start you with. You also should read about Toe and Caster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs and Camber Kit Combo